Jareth Cutestory

DONE DEAL. MAGIC TRADE GORTAT/VINCE/PEACHES/1ST FOR J-RICH/HEDO/EARL CLARK

For defensive purposes, we're either going to have:

Arenas at SG and Hedo at SF, or J Rich at SG and Hedo at SF...the lineup of Arenas at SG and J Rich at SF just does not bode well for us from a defensive standpoint.

Catman, I just don't understand what kind of big would be worth trading JJ for.. I mean that amount of minutes Dwight will be playing anyway just really means we should be grabbing a random cheap Euro big to stick in for 3-4 minute segments and at worst put Bass at C during his worst foul stretches. Not to mention I thought Orlando drafted Orton to take Gortat's minutes when traded.

Catman, I just don't understand what kind of big would be worth trading JJ for.. I mean that amount of minutes Dwight will be playing anyway just really means we should be grabbing a random cheap Euro big to stick in for 3-4 minute segments and at worst put Bass at C during his worst foul stretches. Not to mention I thought Orlando drafted Orton to take Gortat's minutes when traded.

Doesnt he have bad knees? If i remember correctly hes nowhere near ready to play both mentally and physically...

Doesnt he have bad knees? If i remember correctly hes nowhere near ready to play both mentally and physically...

True, but the main point is, is it really worth it to trade JJ one of our top bench players for a back up C that will play 10 minutes a game if he's lucky?

Duhon or Williams for a backup C would work just fine. Do we not have a small TE anymore? What about even a 2013 first or a 2011 second. We just need an unproven 7 footer.

I'm not sure why a trade consitutes a win for you Junkie. Ever since I've known you, you get engaged into these debates over various subjects and it consumes you to the point that everyone that engages you in conversation on the subject gets turned off altogether...which is the reason that you are happy about these trades. You feel that Otis making these moves prove that you are right. It doesn't matter that 3 of the players leaving are from our finals team. It doesn't matter that there is a good chance these moves don't improve our team. All that matters is you feel like you were proven right.

I hope these trades do work out. I think there is a decent chance that they do. However, it's going to be very interesting to see how you reverse your stance if they don't work. How long will it take for you to turn Arenas into your new whipping boy if he doesn't live up to his 20 mil a season contract (sound familiar?)....and it's pretty unlikely that he will.

JJ is valuable to teams needing shooting, especially paired up in a trade with Anderson or Richardson. I know Otis loves Speights for example. Ideally, he would like a big that can play both positions the same minutes that Gortat did. That gives us a lot of talented bigs for once. Imagine rotating Dwight/Bass/Speights and some minutes to Clark.

Otis wants to match BOS's size in the playoffs with younger, faster, physical bigs. He wants to attack Miami from the inside on offense and have a dominant front court on both sides. He's looking to have younger big guys who will fight with Boston and overpower the middle in Miami. As people have said, Orton is not ready yet.