Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Magic's ears perked to make trades (O-Sen.)

I don't think anyone here believes Schmitz is Otis's best friend (sarcasm)....but he wrote one thing in this blog that I totally agree with....

As we discussed in the other thread I don't think you can eliminate the Spurs, Jazz or the Bulls either.

Just my opinion....

What have the Bulls done against Orlando in recent years to make you think they could best us in a playoff series? Spurs just gave us their best shot (as they usually do when we play them on the road), and won a tight game after shooting over 60% from the field, but by all means, proclaim them to be the superior team based off that one game, it's obvious that they would continue to shoot lights out from behind the arc and we would stand no chance. Jazz are playing great right now, but it's early.

You seem to forget, or conveniently ignore the fact that Stan typically has this team playing their best ball late in the season, not right out of the gate.

Which do you think is more important?

• Upvote 1

As of yesterday Hollinger had the Bulls rated higher than us....they've got the "D ROSE" beast runnin' the show....without Boozer so far....you know how stud PG's give us fits....the Jazz had a nice come from behind victory over the Lakers a few days ago.....Deron Williams being the catalyst.

I still don't think they could beat us in 7 games. You know it's a different ball game in the playoffs. With Boozer not even playing in one game yet we don't even know how he will fit with the Bulls. They haven't even had much success against us. As for the Jazz they will have to make it out of the West first.

As of yesterday Hollinger had the Bulls rated higher than us....they've got the "D ROSE" beast runnin' the show....without Boozer so far....you know how stud PG's give us fits

Stud PG's give us fits? They give EVERYONE fits. That's particularly why they're dubbed "studs".

Chicago has yet to demonstrate that they're capable of staying within 10 points of us during a game, much less beating us. I don't even think the Magic need an elite wing player to win a title. I think they can win it as constructed as long as they can figure out a way of getting Dwight easier/quicker shots.

Stud PG's give us fits? They give EVERYONE fits. That's particularly why they're dubbed "studs".

Chicago has yet to demonstrate that they're capable of staying within 10 points of us during a game, much less beating us. I don't even think the Magic need an elite wing player to win a title. I think they can win it as constructed as long as they can figure out a way of getting Dwight easier/quicker shots.

I like this team, but until we face Boston and the Lakers we don't have any real measure for how far this team can go.

But truthfully the minor early results are not convincing:

Miami, outside of the propaganda blitzkrieg, everyone knows we have a favorable matchup at their weakest positions - and thus far they have throttled us once and we semi squeezed out an ugly win during a clear moment when they were banged up and not playing well.

Either way they are not really a good barometer for the type of complete team that we will undoubtedly have to beat to get a trophy. The closest team to that - that we've played - was San Antonio and we lost. I know it was a close hard fought game, moral victory etc...whatever - we lost and we lost due to the weaknesses that everyone on this board and in the media have been discussing since the summer.

But outside of that we have not yet met the teams that are the real threats.

Jameer is not the problem. This article/thread was a waste because nothing of substance is brought up. Maybe I wrote this post in my sleep... because I would be capable of writing the samething...

As of yesterday Hollinger had the Bulls rated higher than us....they've got the "D ROSE" beast runnin' the show....without Boozer so far....you know how stud PG's give us fits....the Jazz had a nice come from behind victory over the Lakers a few days ago.....Deron Williams being the catalyst.

So...just because Hollinger rates the Bulls higher than us makes them infinitely better? Ok. Makes sense. And great point guards give everyone fits like TITY said. The rest of the team, however, is a lot worse than we are. As a team like Miami has proven, stars don't make a team. The supporting cast does. This is why I think we're just fine. a 12-4 record shouldn't call for drastic roster changes. In fact, it should call for continuity.

The article also says something about possibly taking a step back this year in order to get one of these stud players in a trade. So if I'm reading this correctly Schmitz it saying we may make a trade to go for a title this year or we may make a trade with the future in mind, but it is possible that we do nothing at all....did I get that right guys?

The article also says something about possibly taking a step back this year in order to get one of these stud players in a trade. So if I'm reading this correctly Schmitz it saying we may make a trade to go for a title this year or we may make a trade with the future in mind, but it is possible that we do nothing at all....did I get that right guys?

Correct, this article is pointless. Reading this board cracks me up sometimes; if there was a sure fire move we could make realistically that would ensure us a championship, we would have made it already. Were going to have to ride it out and see what happens.

It's basically

The Orlando Magic are not ruling out on making a completely lopsided trade in their favor, and it may just happen this year. They might, however, also want to wait it out and see if they can make such a lopsided trade later in the year or perhaps the year after. However, sources tell me Otis Smith wants to keep Dwight Howard and that he wants the team not to fail, so he might wait it out and see how good the Magic are by the All-Star break or he might pull the trigger on this trade. More news on my next article in which I will be talking about how the Magic would be willing to trade Vince Carter for Carmelo Anthony.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A typical BS article by BS.

It's obvious the Magic would be willing to make a move to improve, doesn't mean they will, and they probably won't. There is no realistic trade opportunity out there that makes us a better team. Even though some people like to nitpick and cry, we are one of the best teams in the league and will be tough to beat come playoff time. It's hard to seriously improve on that.

• Upvote 1