Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Barnes: Magic 'Paying for it now'

Kinda like the job he did on Pierce in the ECF?

I was thinking the exact same thing...

Anybody who actually thinks Barnes would magically make us 9-0 right now has another thing coming. First of all, Barnes option if I recall had the same dollar amount that LA offered him on his 1 year deal. But Barnes thinking he is worth more than he is, decided to opt out and test the waters. Otis most likely said "OK, have fun, and thanks for the memories". Barnes probably thought to himself "I'll show them, watch me get the MLE".

What happened after that was Otis smiling on the inside, and Barnes getting a massive FAIL stamped on his forehead. Sure, he's still in a great situation to win a title in LA. But did he get his $$$? No. Will he get his $$$ if LA wins another title? Doubt it. Not with uncertainty in the NBA about future seasons. Not for a guy who is going to be 31, and hasn't done anything amazing in his entire career. It just won't happen. Teams learned their lesson with James Posey. Now he's simply just another contract.

The fact of the matter is, Barnes is a mediocre glue guy. He is that ever changing small forward the Magic pick up every year. So was Bogans. So was Evans. So will Q. It's just how this team is, and Barnes fit that role to a T. Mediocre defense, a few buckets here and there, and those 1-2 special nights where we all mark out for him. It was fun, but come on....

The fact that Barnes tends to be a headcase at times doesn't help him either. Sure, it was fun seeing him be a tough guy a few games here and there, but the act gets old.

I'm done ranting about Barnes. It's Matt friggin Barnes here people. Seriously.

• Upvote 6

Saaaaayyyyyyyy....didn't the Lakers just get torched by the Suns last night? Didn't they get toasted by.....OUTSIDE shooters? Huh - wonder who was guarding Richardson....

You're playing the result. Barnes gave us a toughness that we are lacking this year. Don't hate because he's not here anymore. I support Q too, but we don't lose to Toronto at home last year. (I say this without looking at who we DID lose to at home last year).

idk if your kidding....but we did lose to Toronto at home last year...

LOL This is Barnes the journeyman who shoves a couple players and got the tough label? :rolleyes:

This time last season as HE was trying to fit in, the Magic were 7-3. Including, if you must, an embarrassing 25+ pt lost to OKC. What are they now.....6-3??

Always heard about "the woman scorned".

It's very easy for people to pile on a team when they are down. Seems like everyone and their mother's are crapping on the Magic because we're struggling. We'll see if they're still talking **** at season's end.

The funny thing is that even at our absolute worst we're still second in the East.

• Upvote 2

Otis is smart enough to not overpay for mediocre role players because he knows they are everywhere. Q's D is just fine, and despite the early shooting struggles....he's still lightyears ahead of where Barnes was last year shooting the ball.