Sign in to follow this  
Osprey

Would Josh Smith put us over the top?

I would pull for this trade for sure i think Josh Smith would really like it here, him and Dwight are friends and can feed off each other. If we are trading MP in the trade i would want to try and bring back a guy like Mo Evans. He makes something like 2.5 mil less then MP and can ride the bench and come off and give a little spark, he is old but but has an expr. contract. More about Josh Smith HECK YES i do the trade

Where was Mo last night he must be hurt.

Anyway I never really answered the question but I would do the trade and hope for the best.

Where was Mo last night he must be hurt.

Anyway I never really answered the question but I would do the trade and hope for the best.

he had a knee thing and will be back on Friday vs the Jazz... so nothing too major

I'm not sure if Stan would be able to coach Smith. If he did, we would be the most dominant defensive team in the league. Or he could cause a fracture in team chemistry and get Stan fired.

Smith reminds me of the big man version of Pietrus. Extremely talented and guaranteed to make you slam your head against a piece of furniture at least once a game.

He has probably the most potential in the league. He has all the gifts but he isn't ready to take on the challenge and probably never will be. That goes for Joe Johnson and other players on the Hawks such as Jamal Crawford. These are just another group of average players that can take it another step further if they actually worked hard to do it.

I wouldn't mind that either, but who's going to be our back up C? And please don't say Horton hears a who?

Pachulia.

The other part of the question is that would this trade make us more competitive with the Heat.

We'd now have Smith/Bass/Anderson guarding Bosh

Lewis/Richardson/Carter checking/corralling Lebron

and Carter/Redick/Duhon checking Wade.

Obviously having Howard and Smith in the inside would make paint scoring difficult even for Lebron and Wade, but what about perimeter defense?

• Upvote 1

I'd have to say yes. Smith is off-the-charts talented, and when the talent disparity between him and Pietrus/Gortat is that massive, you have to make that deal.

That being said, I'm one of the few on this forum that find Gortat's contributions to be undervalued. We would have lost last night had it not been for his energy. Granted, him and Zaza are very similar players...

Yeah, you make the deal without looking back. We would just have to hope that Smith's attitude doesn't cause the team to implode, which I don't think it would.

As far as competing against the Heat, I'm not so sure.

As currently constructed, I don't see Bosh being utilized to his fullest value and thus, I feel we already have the personel to guard him well.

LeBron and Wade are going to get theirs, but now we have to be content with Wade being guarded by Carter/Redick? LeBron with Qrich/Lewis? That frightens the hell out of me.

As boneheaded as Pietrus is on offense, his defense on this team is invaluable.

LeBron and Wade are going to get theirs, but now we have to be content with Wade being guarded by Carter/Redick? LeBron with Qrich/Lewis? That frightens the hell out of me.

As boneheaded as Pietrus is on offense, his defense on this team is invaluable.

Lewis v. Bosh

J. Smith v Lebron

Q, Carter, or JJ v Wade-- this one would scare me

Also, I still say Rip/Prince/1st for Gortat/Vince.

I'd do that trade, with some protection. If that went down, I'd root for the Magic in the playoffs.

I'm a bit of a Smith fan girl, but I think he would be worth the risk. Gortat is overrated IMO and Pachulia could do a decent job giving Dwight some rest. If Howard were to go down with an injury, I don't think whether it is Gortat or Pachulia replacing him would make too much difference.