Sign in to follow this  
Osprey

The Official Democratic Bloodbath Thread

Any one have any thoughts on the election last night?

Historical night for House Republicans, three committee chairs got the Ax.

Dems saved Reid, Boxer, and Manchin.

John Boehner new Speaker. Good times, bye bye Pelosi.

Any one have any thoughts on the election last night?

Historical night for House Republicans, three committee chairs got the Ax.

Dems saved Reid, Boxer, and Manchin.

John Boehner new Speaker. Good times, bye bye Pelosi.

Republicans over-performed in the House, Dems over-performed in the Senate. I frankly have no idea how Reid survived, and wish he hadn't, but oh well.

Maybe with the houses split, we'll get meaningful thoughtful legislation designed to best embody the beliefs of our mostly modera...

I'm just kidding. We're going to get partisan bickering and 2 years of finger pointing.

i would like to think thing will be better. however i see the hole so deep it will take a massive overhaul and years to get it done. it was a good start but much more has to be done. i can't believe reid made it in nevada. as a recently retired person i am not happy this government.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's funny watching all these rebuplibaggers saying that their Washington outsiders

In four years the baggers will have helped to reelect Obama- theyve got nobody and Americans will have realized how stupid they were on 11-2-10

• Downvote 3

People vote the Republicans in. Everything sucks.

People vote in the Democrats because they promise change. Everything sucks.

People vote the Republicans in because they promise they'll go back to the way it should be. Everything sucks.

• Upvote 2

A general political observation...Republicans who theorize women running in blue states are more electable are dead wrong. There is nothing more threatening to the left than non-NOW supporting women in positions of power and influence. The second Sarah Palin touched Meg Whitman & Fiorina, they had no chance.

Speaking of Palin & the Tea Party influence. Very interesting dynamic, but she/they lost credibility with me when they didn't fight to knock McCain out. He is the epitome of the candidates they targeted to unseat from within and he was incredibly vulnerable until he received their endorsement. Shows me they aren't exactly as disconnected from the political machine as they'd like to pretend.

I was glad to see John Kasich win. I've always had a lot of respect for him.

It's funny watching all these rebuplibaggers saying that their Washington outsiders

In four years the baggers will have helped to reelect Obama- theyve got nobody and Americans will have realized how stupid they were on 11-2-10

If Obama remains an ideologue and doesn't reach out to compromise or take this as a mandate against his agenda (basically if he does the opposite of what Clinton did), then the Dems are going to get SLAUGHTERED in 2012.

There are 21 Democratic Senate seats open in states that aren't very liberal. Only 10 Republican seats. Believe me, those Democrats saw what happened to their brothers and sisters who toed the Obama line. You really think they are going to stand with the President in the next two years facing a 2012 election where discontent will be at a fever pitch?

Also, Californians are dumb as hell. They re-elect arguably their worst mayor of the last century outside of Gray Davis, they re-elect do-nothing, "call me Senator" Boxer, they provided the Speaker with the worst approval rating in history in Pelosi, and now they don't even pass Prop 14? What the hell?

They constantly elect the most liberal idiots yet refuse to pass two good things on the liberal agenda: Gay Marriage and Weed. F*** those left-coast morons.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

If Obama remains an ideologue and doesn't reach out to compromise or take this as a mandate against his agenda (basically if he does the opposite of what Clinton did), then the Dems are going to get SLAUGHTERED in 2012.

There are 21 Democratic Senate seats open in states that aren't very liberal. Only 10 Republican seats. Believe me, those Democrats saw what happened to their brothers and sisters who toed the Obama line. You really think they are going to stand with the President in the next two years facing a 2012 election where discontent will be at a fever pitch?

Also, Californians are dumb as hell. They re-elect arguably their worst GOVENOR of the last century outside of Gray Davis, they re-elect do-nothing, "call me Senator" Boxer, they provided the Speaker with the worst approval rating in history in Pelosi, and now they don't even pass Prop 14? What the hell?

They constantly elect the most liberal idiots yet refuse to pass two good things on the liberal agenda: Gay Marriage and Weed. F*** those left-coast morons.

are you kidding me? were you in a coma from 2001-2009? bushy and the gop ran rough shot over liberals and this country, doing whatever they wanted, shredding the constitution where was the copromise? w couldnt spell compromise let alone make it happen

who are the republibaggers going to run against obama? palin? christie? jeb?

the only way you republibaggers get obama out of the whitehouse is if you trump up some charges and impeach him but you dont have the votes to convict

• Upvote 1