Sign in to follow this  
AddiFB

Dwight throws basketballs towards the basket, while jumping

Dwight is starting to remind me of Kobe in terms of his focus. It's almost as if losing to Boston in the Conference Finals a year after beating them has truly motivated him to take the matter into his own hands and prove all the New York/Boston fans @ ESPN wrong.

Dont want to be BallJunkie but none of this matters unless he builds the confidence and uses these things in the actual game....

I think its great that BJ has become a synonym for negativity. lol

• Upvote 1

Considering the regularity that he was hitting and what we saw in game one of pre-season, I see no reason to suggest he wont start using them in the coming games. The real test comes when they don't fall for him. Will he persist when he starts failing? I expect more new improved Dwight till something goes wrong. I don't think the debate should be about whether he'll use it, the debate should be whether he will continue if it isn't proving particularly effective or will we see the old Dwight returning?

Considering the regularity that he was hitting and what we saw in game one of pre-season, I see no reason to suggest he wont start using them in the coming games. The real test comes when they don't fall for him. Will he persist when he starts failing? I expect more new improved Dwight till something goes wrong. I don't think the debate should be about whether he'll use it, the debate should be whether he will continue if it isn't proving particularly effective or will we see the old Dwight returning?

dwight might get mvp this year. there is no one that can stop him.

with him hitting jump shots, that makes our offense so much better. now defenders cant just camp out in the paint waiting for someone to drive.

Side Note: If anyone is interested in a brief update about Sticks, watch the Vince video and wait till the end (4:20). Vince says he's taken Stanley under his wing and some other nyce things about his game. Seems like he's learning and starting to get comfortable. SVG said he'll get some burn vs. the Pacers.

Side Note: If anyone is interested in a brief update about Sticks, watch the Vince video and wait till the end (4:20). Vince says he's taken Stanley under his wing and some other nyce things about his game. Seems like he's learning and starting to get comfortable. SVG said he'll get some burn vs. the Pacers.

Where did he get the Sticks nickname?

I don't think Dwight is going to be taking jumpers every single time but the key is that he has options now.....If anyone watched enough games then they would know that there are times where Dwight catches the ball out of position maybe about 12-14 feet out.....Some of the blame is on his teammates and some of it is on Dwight himself for not establishing position better....He would either try to back down his defender with varying success or try a running hook that is way too far out but that doesn't seem to be the case now....With the Ability to Face-up he can read the defense better and make more sound decisions to score or to pass.....If what we are seeing isn't an aberration then this makes our team a lot more dangerous and this is without knowing if he improved his free-throws or not.....Pre-season or not you have to be excited for what you're seeing from Dwight

Does anyone think Dwight a sort of turnaround fade away shot like Rasheed?