Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Vote for your Favorite Jameer Nelson Moment

21 members have voted

1. 1. When was Meer's best moment as a Magician?

• Jameer's two threes in OT on Boston.
    • Nelson goes for a career high 32 on the Cats.
    • Meer ties his career high on the Cats in game 3.
    • Jameer's two threes sink the Lakers.
    • Nelson goes for 30 points on Hedo and the Raptors

I would go with the 1st bobcats one... he shot the lights out there and made Felton look terrible...

I also loved Pietrus's drive and dish to set nelson up from three... if Pietrus can do that and start then we should be much better than last season

The whole series against the Cats. We won and he was easily the MVP of the first round.

The Boston 3s were nice, but it didnt change the end result, so i go with the Cats series.

He also played very well against the Hawks.

I think we have seen Jameer totally dominate against inferior PGs (Felton, Bibby) and being totally dominated by superior ones (Billups, Rondo). If we have more consistency from him against that 2nd group, we could be more dangerous.

The whole series against the Cats. We won and he was easily the MVP of the first round.

The Boston 3s were nice, but it didnt change the end result, so i go with the Cats series.

He also played very well against the Hawks.

I think we have seen Jameer totally dominate against inferior PGs (Felton, Bibby) and being totally dominated by superior ones (Billups, Rondo). If we have more consistency from him against that 2nd group, we could be more dangerous.

To be fair I don't think he does bad against superior pg's.... He clearly does well against the poorer defenders, but I think in the celtics series he really held his own, besides one or two games. If he can stay healthy this year I would expect him to go back and if not equal, better his season than when he was an allstar... I have huge hope! He is in his best shape of his career and that should mean he will be consistent. Just remember how good he was just before he got injured against Dallas two seasons ago... couldnt miss!

To be fair I don't think he does bad against superior pg's.... He clearly does well against the poorer defenders, but I think in the celtics series he really held his own, besides one or two games. If he can stay healthy this year I would expect him to go back and if not equal, better his season than when he was an allstar... I have huge hope! He is in his best shape of his career and that should mean he will be consistent. Just remember how good he was just before he got injured against Dallas two seasons ago... couldnt miss!

We lost 2 consecutive playoff series against the Pistons, with the biggest disadvantage being Jameer's poor play against Chauncey. Rondo killed us last postseason.

Yes, he DOES BAD against superior Pg's.

• Downvote 4

For me this is so hard, every single one of these games I remember just staring in amazement at the TV when Jameer really got hot. I will have to say that the game against the Lakers really tops them all though, with just how heated and tense the whole game itself was. Bittersweet as well though, as every Magic fan wonders what a healthy Nelson could have done to the Lakers in the 08-09 Finals.

I also have to give special consideration to the one and only time Jameer ever dunked the ball. I can't remember who it was, but I do remember him barely getting it, and then Steve Francis literally going nuts when he saw it. If anyone can find THAT video then I will buy you a beer whenever I get back to Florida from my travels.

Completely agree. That Lakers game still feels special to me for some reason. I think it's the fact that both teams went into the game 31-8 and it dawned on everyone that the Magic could legitimately win a title.

That highlight isn't nearly the same without Tirico calling it though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLFyoqyXoU4

Also, I believe Jameer's dunk was against the Nets after he stole the ball from Kidd at midcourt during an unbelievable comeback which we ultimately failed to complete. It used to be on youtube but for some reason got taken down... haven't been able to find it for months.

The Lakers performance is a close #2.

#1 for Jameer is from the game back in 2007 when Dwight Howard had the buzzer-beating alley-oop (courtesy of Turk) dunk over Tim Duncan to beat the Spurs.... I still remember Jameer had the red hot second half to give the Magic a chance, including hitting a tough fade away right in Tony Parker's face to set up Dwight's block on defense, and then the dunk to win the game for Orlando. He scored 31 points on 12 of 20 shooting to help stun the Spurs.

Since the Magic didn't make the playoffs that year, this was easily the best Magic memory of '07:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2EzZTpW1Pk&feature=related

Sky if I could change the poll I would. Man I forgot just how crazy and clutch that game was by Jameer. The ending really overshadowed his performance.

Jameer definitley held his own against Rondo this post season.

I agree. Rondo dominated JWill - which isn't surprising.

We lost 2 consecutive playoff series against the Pistons, with the biggest disadvantage being Jameer's poor play against Chauncey. Rondo killed us last postseason.

You are really bringing up the Pistons? are u ancient or what?

You can not put judgement on something that happened 3-5 years ago... thats like me saying Vince is going to be huge this season because he averaged 25 points a few seasons ago... not even ment to be in conversation

By that logic, I'm a bad driver because I would have gotten in a wreck if I attempted to drive a car when I was 11.