Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Chauncy Billups Anyone?

Billups would be great to have on any team. He's a vet, a leader, and a clutch performer. He has great vision, distribution skills, perimeter shooting and can post up smaller PGs with his size. If we didn't lock up Duhon this offseason, I'd make a play and bring Nelson off the bench. Nelson would bring great energy (got to love the SVG terminology) off the bench and provide offense if we get down early. The reason why I would start Billups over Nelson is three fold -- his defense, his playmaking ability, and his size. Billups would have a much better time guarding the starting PGs and would help us get off to better starts...something we lacked last season.

But wow, Denver is falling apart. It looks like their nucleus of players want out or management wants them out (JR). For the sake of their fans, I hope they get their act together.

I misunderstood you or you made a mistake there. Billups was a champion in 2004 with Pistons.

Right, six years ago

We Like Our Team like it is now!

Noo.Noo

I need to change my name back to Shock Phantom because Shock and Stock look so similar. Sometimes I see your username and I'm like "I don't remember posting in this thread.", just to realize that it's not me lol.

I would take Billups if it meant getting Anthony on the team. There are few players that could really take you to the next level, and I believe Anthony is one of them. Paul isnt coming here, so I would rather take Billups and Anthony even if it means losing Jameer. He isnt good enough to turn away the prospect of attaining Melo and one of the better leaders in the NBA right now. Ideally it would be nice to send them Duhon and keep Nelson to use off the bench, but that wouldnt happen. Hell, none of the above is going to happen anyway.

I would take Billups if it meant getting Anthony on the team. There are few players that could really take you to the next level, and I believe Anthony is one of them. Paul isnt coming here, so I would rather take Billups and Anthony even if it means losing Jameer. He isnt good enough to turn away the prospect of attaining Melo and one of the better leaders in the NBA right now. Ideally it would be nice to send them Duhon and keep Nelson to use off the bench, but that wouldnt happen. Hell, none of the above is going to happen anyway.

True that it aint happenin', but if we grabbed Melo I think the prospects of picking up Paul eventually would actually get better. He's said he wants to play in Orlando (as a top pick) and he's also said he wants to play with Melo. Of course, landing both of them and retaining Dwight would basically mean deconstructing our entire team, which obviously isn't smart considering what we've built and become.

If getting Carmelo meant taking Billups then im cool with it. I'd want Jameer involved in the trade because we need Duhon for defense. We would have a two year window with that roster before we would have to restructure our roster to build around Melo/Dwight.

Hypothetically, a straight up Billups-Meer trade is a bad idea. Billups has good leadership and can score, but for how long? Billups may or may not be more talented than Jameer at this point so why make a trade just for the sake of making a trade? We know what we're going to get with Jameer at this point, how will billups fit in here?

I'd take a 6-7 year ago Billups for a 2 year ago Nelson. No way i'd take current Billups for current Nelson.

Given that, I would absolutely LOVE to have a guy like Billups backing up Nelson and giving him championship level advice. But im just dreaming again.

If one were to rank the top 10 most overrated players of the past decade, Billups would be at least 3 of them.

Why do you think so? May i hear your arguments for that, because i'm not thinking in the same way..