Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

C. Paul trade adventure; ESPN TrueHoop(pg. 17)

Wating to hear the news is like waiting in the emergencey room lobby while a loved one is haveing open heart surgey.

This sucks

quote:
Originally posted by Chase:

Wating to hear the news is like waiting in the emergencey room lobby while a loved one is haveing open heart surgey.

This sucks

I agree waiting sucks but that might be going a little over board

quote:
Originally posted by petey:

quote:

This sucks

51CCMVVCE7L._SL500_.jpg

quote:

quote:

This sucks

I agree Petey, We're all a little anxious to see what happens but comparing it to a loved one having open heart surgery is pretty ridiculous.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Personally, I'm not sure why NO is balking at trading away CP3.

1) They have his replacement already inked for 3 more years at 1.5mil, a drastic savings on Paul's current contract.

2) If Paul remains with NO he only hurts Collison's development.

3) If Paul plays like anything other than the #1 PG in the league or has any additional injury setbacks this year it only hurts his trade value.

4) That organization is in financial ruin and with the current roster doesn't stand a chance to compete for a title.

5) They have several vets with trade value that could return multiple prospects/draft picks.

6) If a team is even remotely considering that it might be time to rebuild, and their marquee player is whining that he wants out, then it IS time to rebuild.

Yes! Exactly!!!!

I don't understand how in the world they beleive that they can sell anything other than a rebuilding situation to Paul, with a rookie gm, rookie headcoach, ownership in limbo and a squad made of mostly luke warm vets and a few promissing youngsters!

quote:
Originally posted by WestCoastMagicFan:

quote:

quote:

This sucks

I agree Petey, We're all a little anxious to see what happens but comparing it to a loved one having open heart surgery is pretty ridiculous.

Nah, it's about accurate.

Sooo what happens when they come out and say they aren't trading him, is that equivalent to the loved one dying on the operating table?

Those seem pretty comparable, I see your point.

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

fyi if you wanted to print out the giant paul thread it would take over 5000 pages

That's insane

Don't let the politicians see that thread. They will try to make it a bill.

quote:
Originally posted by PrematureShooter:

Sooo what happens when they come out and say they aren't trading him, is that equivalent to the loved one dying on the operating table?

Those seem pretty comparable, I see your point.

No it's equivalent to standing outside the operating room and hearing the flatline sound. It's not lookin good, but they're bringin out the paddles so there's still a tiny chance.