Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

C. Paul trade adventure; ESPN TrueHoop(pg. 17)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"><BR>The New Orleans Hornets prepared for their highly anticipated sitdown with star guard Chris Paul by turning away the latest flurry of trade calls from other teams, according to NBA front-office sources.<BR> <BR>Sources told ESPN.com that teams inquiring about Paul's availability in recent days -- and there have been several after persistent media reports suggesting that Paul will formally request to be traded at Monday's meeting -- were greeted with the same resistance to Paul offers that the Hornets have maintained for months.<BR><BR>"They say they aren't moving him," one rival team executive said of the Hornets.<BR><BR>Sources with knowledge of New Orleans' thinking said over the weekend that the Hornets' stance is unlikely to change, at least in the short term, even if Paul himself tells the Hornets for the first time that he wants out.<BR> </div></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR>For the rest go here...<BR><BR><a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5410152" target="_blank">http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5410152</a>

• Downvote 2

quote:
Originally posted by Chase:

It's official

We're ****ed

I didn't feel like that at all after reading the entire article...I think Paul is gonna force the issue...the thing I worried about was other teams having better offers.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

It's official

We're ****ed

I didn't feel like that at all after reading the entire article...I think Paul is gonna force the issue...the thing I worried about was other teams having better offers.

Agreed. The only other scenario I see is that they don't trade him now because they're hoping the team can get off to a hot start which might give CP3 more confidence in the team/ownership. Then if that doesn't happen, they trade him around the deadline or next offseason.

quote:

quote:

It's official

We're ****ed

If we dont make a run for Melo or Paul .... yea....We're ****ed.

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

quote:

quote:

It's official

We're ****ed

If we dont make a run for Melo or Paul .... yea....We're ****ed.

I'm with you here LinkZ2009...

quote:

quote:

It's official

We're ****ed

Hey, have you talked with Povtak recently?

If you are a fan of the NBA, then this makes you sick to your stomach. If Paul ends up forcing his way out of NO, then no other team that isn't winning will have a chance to keep a star player.

Sure, it would be awesome if we got Chris Paul, but as for what it means for the rest of the League, I don't want to think about it.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

If you are a fan of the NBA, then this makes you sick to your stomach. If Paul ends up forcing his way out of NO, then no other team that isn't winning will have a chance to keep a star player.

Sure, it would be awesome if we got Chris Paul, but as for what it means for the rest of the League, I don't want to think about it.

It's not that different from T-Mac wanting out of Orlando if we picked up Dwight instead of Okafor, is it?

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Did you sleep at all when the guy already on our team more or less did this years ago?

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

quote:

quote:

It's official

We're ****ed

Hey, have you talked with Povtak recently?

Not over the weekend...but when I talked to him Friday night I told him to do some diggin' which I'm sure you've seen what he posted yesterday.

When he and I originally started discussing this situation he told me then and there he didn't think the Magic would take on Okafor's contract.

I think you saw what I posted Friday was that Povtak spoke to some team executives whom stated that the Magic were preparing an agressive trade proposal to the Hornets if they came calling.

Evidently someone whom he thinks is in the know has told him what he posted yesterday.

I'll give him a call soon...he's very accomodating and a genuinely nice guy.