Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

B. Bass w/ some quotes for Magic management, "AGAIN"(Povtak)

I Too would love to know why SVG stopped with the Big B in game 6...and i agree with the idea of playing him more against the bigger teams along with just more minutes to get comfortable...BUT DON'T CALL OUT YOUR COACH!

The problem is that SVG's love for the trey leads him to favor Anderson over Bass. Sometimes this is good, sometimes not, and he seems to have trouble knowing which one until the end of the 4th.

Aren't their other staff members whispering in his ear about this stuff? Surely it's not just the fans who know when things need to change or stay the same.

quote:
Originally posted by Audi:

The problem is that SVG's love for the trey leads him to favor Anderson over Bass. Sometimes this is good, sometimes not, and he seems to have trouble knowing which one until the end of the 4th.

Aren't their other staff members whispering in his ear about this stuff? Surely it's not just the fans who know when things need to change or stay the same.

Or maybe it has to do with the fact that Stan sees the same deficiencies we see in Bass and knows he still can't trust the guy out on the court. Stan sees Bass play more than anyone on here and probably watches more plays a week than this board does combined for an entire year.

If Bass is having trouble with the system in practice, why would Stan trust him to play in GAMES? Someone mentioned it here before: for every awesome putback dunk Bass makes, he also misses an assignment or ends up on the wrong side of the court during an offensive set.

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

This should tell management something.

players have called him out publicly on many occasions...even his own franchise player.

Is Stan the first coach in NBA history to have that happen? I would be willing to bet that if I looked around a bit I could find criticism of Phil, Jerry Sloan, pretty much every coach other than Pop and that would be because he runs a military dictatorship.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:

players have called him out publicly on many occasions...even his own franchise player.

Is Stan the first coach in NBA history to have that happen? I would be willing to bet that if I looked around a bit I could find criticism of Phil, Jerry Sloan, pretty much every coach other than Pop and that would be because he runs a military dictatorship.

shaq and arroyo come to mind immediately with those two.

100% Transparency.

I do not think his comments were that bad. Heck he said what most of us thought about game 6 with Boston.

Hopefully he improves on his two major weaknesses (team defence and rebounding). Because he brings some very important features to the team (scoring and husstle)

I want to see him play, I did love the games where he has come in and scored at will in the mid range and post.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:

of course it happens but it doesn't happen to other coaches like it happens to stan van gundy. this dude continuously gets called out by his players.

what is otis gonna do? continuously trade away and not re-sign players who publicly criticize stan?

From a business stand point it isn't a good look that the players aren't getting along with the coach and aren't agreeing with his coaching decisions. That can deter players from making a decision to come and play for the magic. It's bad enough his sideline behavior and panicking have come into question.

and at least Pops players respect him......

quote:
Originally posted by KandiKane:

I do not think his comments were that bad. Heck he said what most of us thought about game 6 with Boston.

What he did would've gotten him fired from pretty much any job in America.

Try going outside the workings of your entire company to publicly voice a complaint about your boss in a transparent attempt to get a better position in your company via publicly embarrassing your superiors, and then you can come tell the rest of us about all the unemployment checks you've been cashing.