Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Junkie's info from last night

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

I'm not trying to live up to some preset standard of quality. I'm just saying things.

We aren't getting paid to put forward quality material, so come up with another formula; I know how fond of them you are.

quote:
Originally posted by PrematureShooter:

I realize I am getting to this thread relatively late and my opinion probably doesn't matter, but I feel that people who are being enraged by sarcastic posts, pictures, jokes, etc are taking this message board way too seriously.

The truth is, people like Jareth, jec, Kberto, BMP, TITY, Trey, and a few others I'm forgetting (who tend to be the ones taking the heat for joking around too much) are some of the most knowledgeable posters on the forum and are more than happy to discuss basketball intelligently whenever they can. However, a good deal of posters on the boards have below average basketball/Orlando Magic understanding and start creating threads with ludicrous ideas because they simply don't know any better. Obviously, no intelligent discussion is going to happen in these situations and lolcats, videos, or jareth and jec talking about how one of them is pregnant will predominate over basketball conversation. I would much rather read through these types of things than hear about why we should bring back Carlos Arroyo and Tracy Mcgrady to form a retro backcourt.

Personally, I enjoy getting to sift through every thread on the OMMB, regardless of topic, to read and contribute to discussions about our team. I also know that I'll probably get a laugh or two on nearly every page. What's not to love?

God bless this man.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

I realize I am getting to this thread relatively late and my opinion probably doesn't matter, but I feel that people who are being enraged by sarcastic posts, pictures, jokes, etc are taking this message board way too seriously.

The truth is, people like Jareth, jec, Kberto, BMP, TITY, Trey, and a few others I'm forgetting (who tend to be the ones taking the heat for joking around too much) are some of the most knowledgeable posters on the forum and are more than happy to discuss basketball intelligently whenever they can. However, a good deal of posters on the boards have below average basketball/Orlando Magic understanding and start creating threads with ludicrous ideas because they simply don't know any better. Obviously, no intelligent discussion is going to happen in these situations and lolcats, videos, or jareth and jec talking about how one of them is pregnant will predominate over basketball conversation. I would much rather read through these types of things than hear about why we should bring back Carlos Arroyo and Tracy Mcgrady to form a retro backcourt.

Personally, I enjoy getting to sift through every thread on the OMMB, regardless of topic, to read and contribute to discussions about our team. I also know that I'll probably get a laugh or two on nearly every page. What's not to love?

God bless this man.

I'm pregnant...

quote:

quote:

quote:

God bless this man.

I'm pregnant...

Wait, somebody finally included me in something?!

Okay so how about this can we have another section dedicated to serious discussion only threads and can we give a few mods discretionary power to remove or delete a thread or a post that we are all willing to live by?

At least we can formulate a series of guidelines that would be posted so those that come on here would be able to read? Maybe even making it unable for individuals to respond unless they had 500 or 1000 posts?

Example being the above 3 posts would be deleted by a mod

quote:

How is "BOSH DEAL IS DONE" naming a thread accurately?

These people have construed views of themselves.

Jareth, the name of the thread is CONTRACT WITH TORONTO DONE? not what TreyTime wrote (BOSH DEAL IS DONE).

quote:
Originally posted by Natesroom:

Okay so how about this can we have another section dedicated to serious discussion only threads and can we give a few mods discretionary power to remove or delete a thread or a post that we are all willing to live by?

At least we can formulate a series of guidelines that would be posted so those that come on here would be able to read? Maybe even making it unable for individuals to respond unless they had 500 or 1000 posts?

Example being the above 3 posts would be deleted by a mod

smile_creaturedance.gif

Some forums don't let posters create a thread until they've reached a certain number of posts.

It wouldn't be the worse thing in the world. They could still comment, just not be able to create a new thread.

I'm an admin on a fairly large MB. I would never put up with people posting 5 pages of, shut up!... no you shut up...and a bunch of silly pictures. Once and awhile is perfectly fine, but to trash threads with pages of nonsense would never be acceptable.

On my forum, theres a section for posting humor and silly internet things.

I still enjoy this place regardless,but I really would prefer if people just stuck to basketball talk for the most part and took there lol cats to another section.

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

quote:

How is "BOSH DEAL IS DONE" naming a thread accurately?

These people have construed views of themselves.

Jareth, the name of the thread is CONTRACT WITH TORONTO DONE? not what TreyTime wrote (BOSH DEAL IS DONE).

How is that any better?