Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Junkie's info from last night

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

I actually remember that one. From what I can recall, that lead to a fairly heated exchange. Lately, the guy's just been an instigator, whether it be his 'subtle' jabs at Nelson or his borderline trollish responses, it certainly hasn't been the same Ball Junkie of the past. Oddly enough, this all seemed to happen once Bogans was traded...

I read this and ask why a mod would say these things and imply that Junkie was influenced by Bogans being traded (absolute nonsense). Why not talk about ways to improve this Board and deal with Members that were constantly harassing him.

I get the opinion that the Mods and the Brat Pack are close friends and that their in likely little chance to expect change.

Two points:

Point 1: TITY isn't a MOD.

Point 2: You're not going to accomplish much in your effort to improve the maturity level of the board if you insist on referring to the people who you don't like as "the Brat pack", nor will you accomplish much if you insist that there is a conspiracy going on.

Also, I have a question for you and the others posting your opinion: If you're this upset about perceived insults directed at junkie, where was your outrage when I was being called a racist for two years on a pretty much daily basis?

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

quote:

I actually remember that one. From what I can recall, that lead to a fairly heated exchange. Lately, the guy's just been an instigator, whether it be his 'subtle' jabs at Nelson or his borderline trollish responses, it certainly hasn't been the same Ball Junkie of the past. Oddly enough, this all seemed to happen once Bogans was traded...

I read this and ask why a mod would say these things and imply that Junkie was influenced by Bogans being traded (absolute nonsense). Why not talk about ways to improve this Board and deal with Members that were constantly harassing him.

I get the opinion that the Mods and the Brat Pack are close friends and that their in likely little chance to expect change.

Two points:

Point 2: You're not going to accomplish much in your effort to improve the maturity level of the board if you insist on referring to the people who you don't like as "the Brat pack", nor will you accomplish much if you insist that there is a conspiracy going on.

Also, I have a question for you and the others posting your opinion: If you're this upset about perceived insults directed at junkie, where was your outrage when I was being called a racist for two years on a pretty much daily basis?

Sorry, I missed it.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

quote:

Two points:

Dom i'm pretty sure it was from '06 - '08 and then again all of '09...

quote:
Originally posted by Natesroom:

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Smack, man, I wish you posted more and know you are reading this thread. I always enjoyed reading your stuff.

Threads like this are precisely why you don't see me post here anymore. Legit basketball discussions were once the rule, not the exception.

Too many nerds think they're cool on the internet because nobody can actually see them sitting behind their computer in their Spiderman Underoos, sipping on strawberry milk and jerking off to a JC Penney's lingerie catalog. And these are the same people claiming to be basketball masterminds.

It's just too sad to even bother participating in anymore.

Smack is right. I am surprised that the Orlando Magic organization isn't appalled at what this board has become. I hear the Mods talk about the importance of tolerating the tomfoolery that goes on but I don't hear about being considerate of ALL the Magic Fans that visit this site.

Why don't you all take it upon yourselves then to contribute things that you think are more appropriate to discuss. If you do not add to the site what you want to see in it, how will it get here? Like I said. If your style is more serious discussion, go ahead and start it, I'm sure lots more people will follow.

But you can't complain about something and not do anything about it. The content on this site is not created by the mods.

It is all create by you guys. It is the responsibility of all the members to provide content. If you don't provide it, then it won't happen.

Dav i respect your position gosh you've been doing it like years now... but you know gosh darn well the minute the solution starts even a modicum of serious discussion the first 6 or 7 responses go like this

"NO, JUST STOP IT"

"IBTL"

"AINT NO JARETH THREAD LIKE A JARETH THREAD CAUSE A JARETH THREAD WONT STOP" - (I think this ones funny though)

"FAIL" or a picture saying FAIL

"LOLCAT" pictures but those have kinda died out

smile_svgsad.png

"YA BRO CARTER AND KOBE MAKE SENSE LMFAO "

"Wow. Just...wow."

"No..."

"Aren't you _____ (input most recent trolls name)"

That's because The Solution makes threads like, "BOSH DEAL IS DONE" and "Nash to Toronto".

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

That's because The Solution makes threads like, "BOSH DEAL IS DONE" and "Nash to Toronto".

You need to name the threads accurately.

quote:

quote:

Come on people. Nathan? I know you aren't a completely lost cause.

Do you see this nonsense?

C'mon guys.. It's the internet. Do anyone of you know each other personally?

I just like coming on here to get my Magic fix in between classes.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

quote:

I'm not sure what your inferring but Just because someone is not creative in labeling somthing doesnt mean you get a free hand de-railing it...

• Downvote 1

quote:
Originally posted by Natesroom:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

quote:

I'm not sure what your inferring but Just because someone is not creative in labeling somthing doesnt mean you get a free hand de-railing it...

How is "BOSH DEAL IS DONE" naming a thread accurately?

These people have construed views of themselves.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

If you think there should be more discussion about basketball related things, start it up. Don't sit on the sidelines complaining that there is too much of something else. Be active. Don't ***** about something, effect change. Do something about it.

In my estimation, the time to effect change passed about 1 year ago. Take a look back at my posting history. I have probably only posted a few dozen times in the last 6 months as a result of the nonsense that would take place in every thread - despite my efforts to engage in basketball discussion. Want proof? Or care to finger the offenders? Just pull up the Chris Paul thread or any thread over 200 posts and count the amount of nonsense posts and who the perpetrators are. If we can all generate spread sheets and formulas that denote every aspect of basketball, it should be a simple exercise to grade a member's quality of posts.

I realize I am getting to this thread relatively late and my opinion probably doesn't matter, but I feel that people who are being enraged by sarcastic posts, pictures, jokes, etc are taking this message board way too seriously.

The truth is, people like Jareth, jec, Kberto, BMP, TITY, Trey, and a few others I'm forgetting (who tend to be the ones taking the heat for joking around too much) are some of the most knowledgeable posters on the forum and are more than happy to discuss basketball intelligently whenever they can. However, a good deal of posters on the boards have below average basketball/Orlando Magic understanding and start creating threads with ludicrous ideas because they simply don't know any better. Obviously, no intelligent discussion is going to happen in these situations and lolcats, videos, or jareth and jec talking about how one of them is pregnant will predominate over basketball conversation. I would much rather read through these types of things than hear about why we should bring back Carlos Arroyo and Tracy Mcgrady to form a retro backcourt.

Personally, I enjoy getting to sift through every thread on the OMMB, regardless of topic, to read and contribute to discussions about our team. I also know that I'll probably get a laugh or two on nearly every page. What's not to love?

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

If you think there should be more discussion about basketball related things, start it up. Don't sit on the sidelines complaining that there is too much of something else. Be active. Don't ***** about something, effect change. Do something about it.

In my estimation, the time to effect change passed about 1 year ago. Take a look back at my posting history. I have probably only posted a few dozen times in the last 6 months as a result of the nonsense that would take place in every thread - despite my efforts to engage in basketball discussion. Want proof? Or care to finger the offenders? Just pull up the Chris Paul thread or any thread over 200 posts and count the amount of nonsense posts and who the perpetrators are. If we can all generate spread sheets and formulas that denote every aspect of basketball, it should be a simple exercise to grade a member's quality of posts.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

I posted a thread a while back when the reg season ended about player grades, trying to get a discussion going, and for the most part, it worked.

However, posters liek Chase, GHMF, Vince fanboys, and a couple others felt it was their need to flame and troll away.

Where was the outcry then? There wasn't. And there shouldn't be now. No one ran to the mods and tattle-tailed, no thread was made calling out an individual poster.

And none of the people *****ing in this thread about the lack of bball discussion even posted in mine.

You act like there is an absence of good discussion but when a thread comes along encouraging it, you are nowhere to be found.

Any response?