Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

So if Orlando bought out Okafor, they'd be paying 60m overall(minimum) for someone to not play a game.

60M.... we can raise that.

jack up the theme park prices for a bit 'til the extra money earned hits 60 mil

Wow some of you guys are so impatient. It may take time to put this thing together. I get the feeling that Otis will take on Okafor but is just trying to work out a trade for him 1st. He has the luxury of time. Remember, they may already have a deal in place, but it cannot be executed until later. If I were him, I would not want to put too much out there just in case someone else tries to swoop in and make a better offer. Just seems like common sense.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Oh Trey.

BPA. Sometimes BPA doesn't always mean he was getting 20/10 in college. The kid was a projected lottery pick this year, and would have been a lock next year. He isn't some scrawny kid from high school. The kid looks legit, and is coming into a perfect situation. He gets to bang with Dwight and company in practice and develop. Much like a guy like Gortat did. And in the greatest of scenarios, he becomes light years above Gortat in a few years, because he has that POTENTIAL.

Otis did great getting value for the 29th pick. It's a low risk/ high reward type of situation, and I for one like it.

To put the icing on the cake, Robinson was a projected lottery pick and 1st rounder much throughout the year. If he gets pushed in the right direction, he could be the steal of the draft. You think Otis would bother drafting a guy if he didn't see potential in him? He could have easily selected a Euro or sold the pick.

Come on man. Look at the big picture.

Thanks Jareth...when you draft at 29, you draft best available talent every time-not for need. Robinson is good for #59 as well!

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:

quote:

If Washington can buy out Arenas what is stopping Orlando from buying out Okafor? I understand it's not as simple as when they bought out just the final year of Big Z's contract, but I never said it was simple. It is however, possible.

+1

It's less a question of "can they?" and more a question of "Would they be willing to?"

Okafor has 51m left on his deal. Any buyout he'd agree to would have to be worth at least 51m minus whatever he felt like he could make after the buyout, which is probably not a whole lot more than the MLE at this point. So a buyout would cost, at a bare minimum, 30m or so. And that's 30m that all counts towards the luxury tax THIS YEAR.

So if Orlando bought out Okafor, they'd be paying 60m overall(minimum) for someone to not play a game.

I just don't want Okafor to be the reason we don't get Chris Paul, it just seems too petty. Maybe we turn around and trade Gortat and keep Okafor this year. Then, if Orton turns out to be the second coming of Wilt Chamberlain like Jareth thinks, we could trade Okafor next summer.

I don't know, like I said, if this guy is the one thing keeping CP3 from Orlando something better get done.

Haven't heard anything yet this morning, but, just to remind you:

We have 5 (!) big men 26 and under, plus another guy who has played PF for the past 3 years that is making billions of dollars daily.

Do you really think it is going to stay that way?

Otis knows this is a make or break summer. If he can't work out the CP3 deal, he'll have another deal waiting in the hopper. Simmer down.

quote:

quote:

HI I'M TREY AND I'M JUST GOING TO RAMBLE OFF THE MOUTH CAUSE I DIDN'T GET MY WAY LAST NIGHT AWWW MAN NO CWIS PAUL DAT STINKZ!

Guy, relax. A trade is guaranteed. Let Otis do his thing.

I'm more pissed about the Orton pick then not getting CP3. Tell me Jareth, how is Orton the BPA when he was the third best CENTER available.

BPA doesn't necessarily mean best player at the moment.

Dwight was the second best center of his draft at the time of the draft. Would you argue he was a poor draft choice because of that?

quote:

HI I'M TREY AND I'M JUST GOING TO RAMBLE OFF THE MOUTH CAUSE I DIDN'T GET MY WAY LAST NIGHT AWWW MAN NO CWIS PAUL DAT STINKZ!

you forgot to post an lol cat. just saying...

quote:
Originally posted by Magician09:

Catman, is the CP3 trade still very much on or do you feel we are going in a different direction?

By the way Alex Kennedy is blowing up his twitter with this Washington deal.

I believe the Magic are going after each free agent to try to get 1. Wasn't there a thread 2 weeks about how the Magic would call on Lebron with a plan to bring him here in a S&T? And then Otis just verified that a few days back? Yet no one really acknowledges that stuff. Yes it is super low chance of happening, but Otis is going big.

I think New Orleans is looking at their options and likes the Orlando one a lot. I think Orlando wants CP3 but are not message board morons and don't want a bad contract that keeps them from signing wing talent.

Honestly, I would love to see the Magic get bigger more then anything. So if that means they have to take back Hedo to get Bosh, that makes more sense to me.

Either way, looking at their current roster, they are obviously going to do something, and there are way too many people talking about CP3 for it not to be under discussion.

quote:

quote:

I'm more pissed about the Orton pick then not getting CP3. Tell me Jareth, how is Orton the BPA when he was the third best CENTER available.

According to Who? He has a high ceiling. Maybe the Magic had him higher on thier board, or maybe NO had him higher? Lets see how it works out... You never know in the draft for a few years anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by gatorbait1689:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

quote:

60M.... we can raise that.

jack up the theme park prices for a bit 'til the extra money earned hits 60 mil

I had no idea that Universal and Disney, two global companies, were required to turn their profits over to the Magic.

Well, mock drafts and rating are a crap shoot. But if you want to know, Hollinger had Orton ranked as the 14th best player in the draft period. So, there's that.

Whiteside and Alabi may have seemed like the sexy pick because they had stats to go along with their name. Orton is much like Dwight. He doesn't have that body of work against top competition. Does that mean Dwight was an idiot pick too? And before you say "omg but dwight was no.1 pick come on idiot", think about what I'm trying to get at first.

Not to mention this is the 29TH FRIGGIN PICK. Anytime you have a chance to get a lottery pick at 29, you do it. Hell, we all pitched a fit when we passed up on Darrel Arthur a few years back.

The kid is raw, but his situation with us is ideal.

quote:

quote:

quote:

BPA doesn't necessarily mean best player at the moment.

Dwight was the second best center of his draft at the time of the draft. Would you argue he was a poor draft choice because of that?

If Daniel Orton turns out to be Dwight Howard I will let Cutestory be on top every night for a year.