Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
Now that is sheer ridiculousness.

especially considering you're trying to trade Jameer to a team that has arguably the best PG in the league, and in a S&T there is no need to completely undress yourself if the player is ready to dip.

Ummm... are we dipping skinny?

And yes, I apologize for implying we would send Jameer to Utah. The actual e-mail said we could package that for Bosh, but I didn't want to sound COMPLETELY ridiculous.

So there you go, now you've made me sound like a raving lunatic.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

And yes, I apologize for implying we would send Jameer to Utah. The actual e-mail said we could package that for Bosh, but I didn't want to sound COMPLETELY ridiculous.

Wait...you changed what you were told in the email in an effort to not sound ridiculous, but ended up sounding even more ridiculous in the process? I'm lost here.

Are you or are you not an insider?

quote:

The Magic have a handful of options they could offer.

Magical said they'd be willing to take back a Posey-level contract, but it is unlikely they would take back Okafor - though they could try and swing him to a 3rd team.

Want a ridiculous scenario? Feasibly, if NOLA is interested in taking Vince as an expiring (as well as a piece to keep butts in the seats), we could use him and, say, Pietrus/TPE to get Paul and Posey, and then turn around and trade, say, Jameer, Gortat, Bass for someone like Boozer.

The thing is thought, the Jazz aren't willing to take on all those salaries.

quote:

I can assure you, Otis has inquired. As to whether New Orleans is considering, that is up in the air (not that horrible Clooney movie - what a downer...)

Up In The Air was a great movie, but what do I know? I've been getting owned by the Futurama Fan Club (all four of them) in the Off Topic section this week.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:

especially considering you're trying to trade Jameer to a team that has arguably the best PG in the league, and in a S&T there is no need to completely undress yourself if the player is ready to dip.

I agree that Meer, Bass and Gortat would be pretty good value for the Raptors in a sign-and-trade for Bosh. However, VC, the TPE and Pietrus seems like bad value for New Orleans. I would imagine they could get better value, especially since word is that NJ is offering the #3 pick and anyone not named Brook.

Ummm... are we dipping skinny?

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

I don't remember Boba Fett?

Who are you asking?

It is protocol for youngsters like me to use irresponsible punctuation and acronyms, usually for dramatic or cute effect.

What's funny is that this thread (and others like it) will come to an immediate halt once a brand new rumor arises, which will more than likely be Orlando's interest in Wade. That Bulls rumor thread was expanding faster than Jareth's online sex tape, but has seemingly stopped now that this one has come up.

Otis has been extremely high on and targeting Paul for the whole year. This comes from a VERY good inside source. I don't know if the interest is current, but I imagine it is.

Unfortunately, I don't see us offering a better package than NJ (Harris + #3). If somehow we were able land Paul without giving up Jameer, the obvious place to try and trade Jameer is to Philly for Iggy. Frankly, I don't see Paul being traded, let alone us acquiring him if he is.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:

I can assure you, Otis has inquired. As to whether New Orleans is considering, that is up in the air (not that horrible Clooney movie - what a downer...)

Up In The Air was a great movie, but what do I know? I've been getting owned by the Futurama Fan Club (all four of them) in the Off Topic section this week.

I agree that up in the air was pretty good. It was different but descent. I like new story lines, its like the off season in bball. You dont know what your going to get. look at the Cs. They turned there team around with one great off season. Now it is time for us to match the right players together...

We could use a superstar; Cris Paul or Bash... Give me a player please. One that will show up when it matters the most-- Deep in the playoffs.

The time is now.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

What's funny is that this thread (and others like it) will come to an immediate halt once a brand new rumor arises, which will more than likely be Orlando's interest in Wade. That Bulls rumor thread was expanding faster than Jareth's online sex tape, but has seemingly stopped now that this one has come up.

Aren't you the observant one? I imagine this wouldn't be happening in the Golden Days back in 1997, but I guess you could tell me that, no?