Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
STEIN_LINE_HQ

Four-way trade talk CONT' ... Beasley told WED by Heat to expect trade and Bobcats highly motivated to get him. Link: http://tl.gd/2cr4il

half a minute ago via TweetDeck

I bet it's for Felton in a S&T.

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

I have a feeling I'll be too angry to sleep tonight. Hopefully, (a) LeBron is not as big of a d-bag as we all think he is and he stays with Cleveland, and (B) Our management decides to commit some serious money for once to give this town a true championship team.

" Magic wont overpay for Barnes/Redick "

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/0...tt-barnes-jj-redick/

smile_svgsad.png

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

the front office has clearly shown it is willing to spend to get a championship

We'll find out tonight.

quote:

I have a feeling I'll be too angry to sleep tonight. Hopefully, (a) LeBron is not as big of a d-bag as we all think he is and he stays with Cleveland, and (B) Our management decides to commit some serious money for once to give this town a true championship team.

Oh, give me a break. Management has done all it can to bring us a serious contender over the past few years. They've shelled loads of cash and have looked at practically every conceivable option to improve the squad.

If LeBron ends up joining the Heat, there's nothing any team can do to really counter that. It shouldn't fall square in the shoulders of OUR management if another team does something that's unheard of. That's ridiculous.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by patport21:

quote:

We were in the Luxury tax last season....

I know, and I give them some credit, but I'm talking about 'whatever it takes' kind of spending... not the 'let the TPE expire and be satisfied with Duhon' type of spending.

Kind of what I'm thinking, too. We went into the luxury tax, but what do we have to show for it?

We have Dwight and 'Meer and 'Shard and, okay - VC looked like a great pickup and played well for us throughout the majority of the regular season. But no one was pointing at us and saying "Dynasty."

Dwight's amazing, but still working on his offense.

'Meer's good, but not a game-changer.

'Shard does what we need him to do, but he's not the type to drag a team to a championship or take over a game on his own.

VC's a player past his prime and, even in his prime, he was a human highlight reel, but not much else: even the loaded teams he was on didn't go anywhere. Not his fault, necessarily, but he didn't exactly drag them to the next level, either.

Beyond that...roleplayers. Some good roleplayers, but still roleplayers.

We're lacking that one offensive force that scares the hell out of people. Someone like LeBron, Kobe, Pierce/Allen/Garnett/Rondo, D'Wade, Nash, etc.

Dwight is a dominant defensive force, but can still be taken out of his offense. For now.

We need someone on the other side of the ball that can get their own shot. We have 'Meer. When your PG is "the guy," your team is usually screwed.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Miguel3107:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

this goes to show you what position otis is focusing on right now. he's looking to add a wing player. and to those of you thinking he's just sitting on his hands waiting, obviously he isn't.

but seriously, who here even considered al harrington..wow

28th June I sad it...and some times earlier too

Miguel3107

Rookie

Posted July 06, 2010 12:32 PM Hide Post

quote:

Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:

Originally posted by Miguel3107:

I really like Al Harrington to be our 6th man.

Peaches and Gortat for him (S&T) would be not that bad at all.

I don't normally do this, but can you give me your address so I can come over and beat the living crap out of you?

yeah, harrington is good. but not for Gortat AND Pietrus.

Maybe

If we get Harrington, we can resign Barnes and do not need another SF, considering that Shard will be back at his right fit. Lewis is like Harrington playing as a 4, but a lot better!

Also we could keep our team the way SVG likes it.

quote:
Originally posted by Big A All Day:

quote:

Otis Smith: " Magic wont overpay for Barnes/Redick "

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/0...tt-barnes-jj-redick/

smile_svgsad.png

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

capt.c64a801df527443c9016c8fc4ae80666-c64a801df527443c9016c8fc4ae80666-0.jpg

Gotta say I love the backdrop they use now. I'm loving our new logo.

its pathetic that is all we have to be happy about. I'm going to swallow a bullet.

When does that TPE expires? I know it was reported that Otis will let it expire, but I know not to believe nothing Otis' tells the media.