quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

It's only $60mil if you buy him out.What I was referring to as "petty" was not taking on Okafor at all. There's 28 other teams (not including ORL and NO), somebody will take him.

Nice attempt at twisting words around though, you have a future in cable news.

I didn't twist anything. Look what you just posted and maybe stop thinking that you know what you are talking about.

Okay, so now we're leaving words out instead of twisting them. You're a tool.

Ahh..nice, you are in personal insult world now because you are frustrated with being wrong. Nice.

If we take on Okafor it could limit getting more players this summer until a trade was made next year to potentially move Okafor. Barring injury or him sucking it up and killing his value.

It only makes sense to do a 3 way trade NOW with another team so this does not happen.

I'm not frustrated with being wrong, I'm frustrated with you twisting what I say to make yourself sound correct. Just because Ball Junkie is gone doesn't mean you have to take his place in doing that.

I didn't twist anything. You are under the impression that our draft sucked, That's my belief yes, it's not right or wrong as of right now. and acquiring a guy like CP3 is a real easy process that should have been done by last night. Way to twist words around again. Both things are completely wrong and naive.

But I guess you "know basketball" and not numbers and business, so that makes it all ok. Do you TRY to make people not like you?

Jareth, Magical never said done deal. He said the pieces were agreed upon. Perhaps he got a little excited in the wording -as did I - we're both fans first and foremost. As I've said over and over, Otis is trying to work the best deal possible.

So let me get this straight.

According to this guy, the deal is actually agreed upon and the only thing holding it from falling through is that Otis is trying to find a third team to sent Okafor to.

So if he cant find a team to take him, then we miss out on the best PG in the game. And if he cant find a team, then the deal still goes through and we are stuck with Okafor?

Is that about right?

I feel like the backup plan would be a huge bust. 3 more role players on a team already full of them? Unless all 3 of them are expiring contracts or something, I'd rather have Vince's $17 mil come off the books next summer to go for someone big like Melo.

IMO this team needs to look to package 2 or 3 role players for a strong starter as opposed to doing the opposite. Remember, the key here is getting a good 8 to 9 player rotation for the playoffs. We shouldn't care about having the deepest 12 man roster anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by Irishdawg90:

I feel like the backup plan would be a huge bust. 3 more role players on a team already full of them? Unless all 3 of them are expiring contracts or something, I'd rather have Vince's $17 mil come off the books next summer to go for someone big like Melo.

IMO this team needs to look to package 2 or 3 role players for a strong starter as opposed to doing the opposite. Remember, the key here is getting a good 8 to 9 player rotation for the playoffs. We shouldn't care about having the deepest 12 man roster anymore.

If Vince simply comes off the books the Magic are still over the salary cap. They do not magically get 17 million dollars to spend.

quote:

VC's expiring would not put us enough under the cap to get Melo. As the trade deadline approaches, however, his expiring contract goes up in value to teams who want cap space for the upcoming summer. Melo might not be available anyway, if he gets an extension this summer.

All the same looking sigs always make me think it's Jareth posting. Half the time it's not. I will apologize now for that one.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

If Vince simply comes off the books the Magic are still over the salary cap. They do not magically get 17 million dollars to spend.

Which is exactly why you trade him. We will not get the same product in return if we just let him walk.

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoMagicFan:

So let me get this straight.

According to this guy, the deal is actually agreed upon and the only thing holding it from falling through is that Otis is trying to find a third team to sent Okafor to.

So if he cant find a team to take him, then we miss out on the best PG in the game. And if he cant find a team, then the deal still goes through and we are stuck with Okafor?

Is that about right?

Good question, and could an agreement exist without Okafor?

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

quote:

VC's expiring would not put us enough under the cap to get Melo. As the trade deadline approaches, however, his expiring contract goes up in value to teams who want cap space for the upcoming summer. Melo might not be available anyway, if he gets an extension this summer.

But his contract could help us land a talented player around the trade deadline maybe? I just don't see what trading him for 3 lesser players would accomplish. And trust me, I want Vince gone quite badly, I just think we could get a better deal for him.

DOM already said the backup deal is impossible.

Hinrich isn't even on the Wizards roster yet. Which means starting the day he gets there he cannot be traded for 2 months unless he is the ONLY player leaving washington.

Foye is a restircted free agent, he isn't even a part of washington right now. If he is resigned isn't there some sort of waiting period?

Thornton is clear to be traded. But only him.

There is no way there is a trade of VC for Foye,Hinrich,Thornton unless Otis waits until December..

quote:

But his contract could help us land a talented player around the trade deadline maybe? I just don't see what trading him for 3 lesser players would accomplish. And trust me, I want Vince gone quite badly, I just think we could get a better deal for him.

Yes, I agree.