Sign in to follow this  
Dave Lubinsky

Why is this? Logical & Educated Magic Fans Only (please)

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Lubinsky:

quote:
You seem to be forgetting what he did last year and what he did against the Bobcats and ATL... mostly the Bobcats, when the team needed him most (Dwight Howard and Wince being nearly nonexistent offensively). And like I said, he was able to cancel out KG, so he at least did his job in the ECF (battling viral diseases).

I'm mostly talking about his personality. He isn't the kind of guy that's always yelling and screaming and looking like he's about to kill someone. That's just not him. He does, however, play hard when he's needed and hits big shots. Him pretending to be what he's not wouldn't make him any better.

Thats one of the problems with Orlando's fan base...

Who CARES what he did last year.. Last year is OVER.. It doesnt matter because their is no title banner hanging in the Amway.

Who CARES what he did againt the less talented Bobcats.. First round of the playoffs against a severely undertalented team compared to Orlando, nothing to be impressed about

Who CARES what he did against Atlanta. We swept them and our main guys IMO still didnt do enough, NO WHERE NEAR enough.

ECF arrives.. Time to show up.. Make your money.. I dont want to hear about Flu's and stomach viruses..

Show up to the big stage and make your money! Make your name! Make your legend! Make your legacy!

THIS IS why we are not a title team.. Can anyone else see this?

Okay, here's the problem: when you asked for "logical & educated Magic fans", I figured you were one yourself. But it just seems that you're posting this all based on absolutely no evidence, backing it up with emotions and false perceptions you have yourself, and just poor judgment. Normally I'd go on and on until you gave up, but I'm pretty sure I've made my point and have given plenty of reasons show you otherwise, and either a language barrier or stubbornness will keep you from understanding/changing your mind.

tl;dr I'm done

quote:
Okay, here's the problem: when you asked for "logical & educated Magic fans", I figured you were one yourself. But it just seems that you're posting this all based on absolutely no evidence, backing it up with emotions and false perceptions you have yourself, and just poor judgment. Normally I'd go on and on until you gave up, but I'm pretty sure I've made my point and have given plenty of reasons show you otherwise, and either a language barrier or stubbornness will keep you from understanding/changing your mind.

tl;dr I'm done

Nice debating with everyone. Just a passionate Magic fan here finally expressing his self after a let-down in the playoffs. If this conversation were to happen in person, you all would see my tone of voice & expression are not insulting or stubborn.

I guess im done too

quote:

quote:

tl;dr I'm done

Nice debating with everyone. Just a passionate Magic fan here finally expressing his self after a let-down in the playoffs. If this conversation were to happen in person, you all would see my tone of voice & expression are not insulting or stubborn.

I guess im done too

OK we're done here

Nothing to see folks

quote:

I guess I am still waiting for a player who will come in here and expect to be BETTER than he was prior to signing.

We are the Magic... We pay you whatever amount you desire (for the most part), and dont hold you accountable for it..

We are just happy you are in a Magic Jersey, actually producing is up to you, but we wont be mad if you dont.

I WANT A FREE AGENT for once who feel's they deserve MORE money because of the talent & dedication they bring

T Mac blew up once he came to the Magic. Went from talented young player with potential to All NBA first team.

Dave,

The question you presented on page 1 pertained to why our players have seen statistical dropoffs, and it was explained logically, with statistical reasoning. Your most recent question, which asks why our players wilt under pressure and/or demonstrate a weak mental demeanor, cannot be answered, because it is entirely subjective.

Personally, I don't think our players are in any way, shape or form, mentally weak. It has, in my opinion, more to do with what the opposing team is doing, than our alleged mental breakdowns. People tend to look directly at what one player is/isn't doing, and make their own assumptions based on who that player is and what's going through their head, without giving any credit to what the other team is doing against them. Based purely on reputations, if Rashard or Vince have terrible nights, it's because they have no heart, no passion, whereas if Kobe has a terrible night, more often than not, he's simply "off", he'll bounce back. It's like people deliberately try not to attribute defense into the equation. Boston is a terrific (or at least, has been terrific in the playoffs) team, and they've taken nearly every opposing star/team off their game.

There's this perception (now, more than ever) that players who scowl/sneer are the ones who actually give a ****. What about Duncan? Olajuwon? Wade? Hell, last night Fisher completely took over the 4th quarter of the game without so much as moving his lips, and would anyone question that he's a winner? Are his routine clutch plays overshadowed by the fact that he averages a paltry 10/3/4 on 39.3% from the field? Was he not ice cold?

Paul Pierce and Kobe Bryant, whose scowl rates are second only to Kevin Garnett, are shooting TERRIBLY. I guess all of Boston's scowling/sneering is masking the fact that they're currently DOWN 1-2 on the biggest stage. Where was that championship swagger last night?

You claim it's time to show up and make your money once the ECF roll around, well, that could be said about any round. Since when is the ECF the big stage? It's the playoffs, teams don't hold out on their emotion/abilities based on what round they're playing in. Had we gotten eliminated in the 2nd round by the Hawks (who won MORE games than Boston in the regular season, mind you), fans would be hammering about how our team didn't show up in the playoffs, on the big stage. It brings me back to what I said earlier, no fan gives credit to the opposing team. Atlanta looked like a JV squad because we MADE them look awful, OUR defense shut them down. They didn't stroll upon 52 regular season wins by accident. That team is incredibly talented.

The point is, stop thinking about what a player behaves like and focus solely on how they play. I can assure you that no player on Orlando packed their bags and quit on the team. I'm sure our missed perimeter shots wouldn't have magically (no pun intended) found themselves falling through the hoop had our players scowled in the process. Boston deserves enormous credit.

Hope that helps.

Lewis' numbers dropped because of the balanced scoring we have had here obiviously. But I still think Vince's 16.6 ppg was way too low. We don't need someone to put up 25 ppg every night, but we need more than what Vince gave us.

It makes sense that we'd consider guys like KG, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce to have the true hearts of champions and all that, given that none of them had made the playoffs in the 3 years prior to all of them joining the Celtics.

Dave, this thread is a shining example of sheer irony. You started by asking for logical Magic fans and then proverbially crapped the bed. As has been pointed out, different players show desire in different ways. Say what you will about Rashard, he has done everything the Magic has asked him to do and then some. Yes, he went cold in the ECF...but without him last season, we wouldn't have made the Finals. Had we not "overpaid" for him, we would not have reached the ECF for two straight seasons.

It's ok to be frustrated. Heck, we should ALL be frustrated. We underperformed and showed up clearly not ready for Boston in the ECF. We all know that the talent on our team was enough to get past Boston and possibly LA this year. My advice? Find a hobby and get over it, brah. Looking to blame the players, the front office, the fans...what purpose does that serve?

I went through a few days of trying to find a scapegoat myself. Was it Stan? Vince? Dwight? Or was Boston simply a better team, peaking at the right time? As Jesse Jackson said on SNL so many years ago, the question is moot. It happened. Grow a pair. You're no more logical than anyone else on this board, so come down off that high horse. Rack me.

Funny how a cry for "Logical and Educated" fans only is usually a sure sign to stay away.

He didn't want answers, he wanted to cry and point fingers and rant like a little girl.

Someone (I guess ucf knights) said sth about bringing younger players with more desire to win.

And I am all for it.

Personally I would like Beaubois or Brewer to come. We dont have to go after former all-stars (Carter), we have to go after future all-stars.