Sign in to follow this  
TheRevTy

Update from Magical

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

DOM He became a starter in 91 due to montana's injury.. In 93 they traded montanta..

He signed an uprecedented 40 million dollar deal as a rookie.

The 40m contract was a 10 year deal with the USFL.

His contract with the Bucs was much, much shorter and much, much less expensive.

I'm aware but give me some numbers on the Bucs Contract if you can find ANY

quote:

quote:

quote:

DOM He became a starter in 91 due to montana's injury.. In 93 they traded montanta..

His contract with the Bucs was much, much shorter and much, much less expensive.

His NFL rookie deal was 5.4m over 6 years.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.c...G1138235/3/index.htm

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Goofed up the date. Sorry.

Still a silly comparison.

So a player who was being groomed to eventually take over for an aging quarterback is the same as a player who plays 10 minutes a game if he's lucky and is nowhere near the talent level of said backup in the other sport?

I HATE YOU

WHY BRO I THOUGHT WE WAS BEST BUDS

WORD?????

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

good read thanks!... So when his contract was up in 90-91 or 91-92 and still a backup what was it for?

Good read thanks DOM... now since his contract was either up in the 90 or 91 season what was his new contract worth while he still was backing up montanta for another year or 2?

quote:
Originally posted by Nell2ThaIzzay:

worst part of the thread is the apparent Barnes OR JJ talk. I believe we need both of these guys here.

Agreed, but if it really comes down to that JJ stays.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

good read thanks!... So when his contract was up in 90-91 or 91-92 and still a backup what was it for?

Good read thanks DOM... now since his contract was either up in the 90 or 91 season what was his new contract worth while he still was backing up montanta for another year or 2?

I have no idea, but I can tell you that Young was the full-time starter by the time that contract was up. Montana was hurt for most of the 90 season and all of the 91 season. Young was the starter by that point.

Interesting stuff! Thanks Rev!

I really like the idea of just adding Gay and keeping the core group together. Rather then overhauling the whole team and spending half the season trying to "gel", it will be integrating one piece. If it doesn't work, then Vince is a FA and we have some relief on the cap to try and overhaul the team next offseason.

I think that someone will take Vince at the trade deadline next year. That is when you make the move, not now unless you get blown away, which we won't.

Thanks Rev! Good stuff.

quote:
Originally posted by ucfknights22:

I really like the idea of just adding Gay and keeping the core group together. Rather then overhauling the whole team and spending half the season trying to "gel", it will be integrating one piece. If it doesn't work, then Vince is a FA and we have some relief on the cap to try and overhaul the team next offseason.

i think if we could pry Gay & Conley for Pietrus and TPE (each would be considered seperate transactions) that would be awesome. Again, Assuming Gay signs with a starting figure of no more then 8.5-9.5 mil.

I like that as one Tweak and i like trading vince and maybe Bass or anderson to Phoenix for amare as the other option if gay doesnt work out.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ucfknights22:

i think if we could pry Gay & Conley for Pietrus and TPE (each would be considered seperate transactions) that would be awesome. Again, Assuming Gay signs with a starting figure of no more then 8.5-9.5 mil.

I like that as one Tweak and i like trading vince and maybe Bass or anderson to Phoenix for amare as the other option if gay doesnt work out.

how can you get gay and conley for pietrus and the tpe?