Sign in to follow this  
TreyTime

Is Dwight Howard a Batman or a Robin?

If there's a panic thread about this already I guess you can lock it up, but I didn't see one. This isn't meant to be out of panic, I'm just wondering what the rest of you think about Dwight as THE leader of this team, or any team for that matter. So, like the title of the thread, is Dwight Howard a Batman or a Robin?

If he is Batman, my next question would be is Jameer a true Robin? If not, we need to find a Robin (Rudy Gay?).

If he is ultimately a Robin, which isn't a bad thing, he's still a great player, we need to find a Batman. Could it be getting Danny Granger this year? Carmelo the next year? CP3 in 2012? I don't know, but if Dwight isn't Batman, we won't win a title until we find one.

Just wanted to see what everyone else was thinking. I'm at the point where a loss to the Celtics, a loss in The Finals, or a loss in the First Round is all the same to me because all I care about is a title. Anything less is a disappointment. Like a wise man once said, "If you ain't first, you're last."

If there's a panic thread about this already I guess you can lock it up, but I didn't see one. This isn't meant to be out of panic, I'm just wondering what the rest of you think about Dwight as THE leader of this team, or any team for that matter. So, like the title of the thread, is Dwight Howard a Batman or a Robin?

If he is Batman, my next question would be is Jameer a true Robin? If not, we need to find a Robin (Rudy Gay?).

If he is ultimately a Robin, which isn't a bad thing, he's still a great player, we need to find a Batman. Could it be getting Danny Granger this year? Carmelo the next year? CP3 in 2012? I don't know, but if Dwight isn't Batman, we won't win a title until we find one.

Just wanted to see what everyone else was thinking. I'm at the point where a loss to the Celtics, a loss in The Finals, or a loss in the First Round is all the same to me because all I care about is a title. Anything less is a disappointment. Like a wise man once said, "If you ain't first, you're last."

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

Well at this point, Robin, because Howard isn't able to carry a team and soon coaches are going to figure that out and just play him one on one.

Most teams can't play him one on one. Otherwise, our offensive game plan would've been taken advantage of a long time before Boston. Come on, man.

Dwight's already a Batman, but a very undeveloped one. As soon as he can knock down shots, including free throws, he will be a Batman good enough to win a championship.

And I promise we will NEVER win a championship with Dwight as our batman if he does not become at least a 70-75% free throw shooter. There's no way around that. And it starts with hiring a shooting coach with a brain.