Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

Fan Voice: "Hope to Hold On To"

The Fan Voice: "Hope to Hold On To"

By Live or Die Magic | May 21st, 2010

This one was hard to write. The easy move would have been to dig a hole, stick my head in it, and avoid anything related to the Magic. I got as far as picking up the shovel.

After the Game 1 loss, I was talking to some of my buddies who are hard core Magic fans like I am. It was quickly apparent that I am hardly alone in my misery. One of my buddies, who lives downtown, said the losses were harder because he just couldn

The Fan Voice: "Hope to Hold On To"

By Live or Die Magic | May 21st, 2010

This one was hard to write. The easy move would have been to dig a hole, stick my head in it, and avoid anything related to the Magic. I got as far as picking up the shovel.

After the Game 1 loss, I was talking to some of my buddies who are hard core Magic fans like I am. It was quickly apparent that I am hardly alone in my misery. One of my buddies, who lives downtown, said the losses were harder because he just couldn

I'm in a similar place. I want to believe the Magic will at least put up a fight. I think I'm beyond thinking they can actually win this thing - the Celts are playing too well right now, and we kind of got blind-sided.

I'm just not sure we have that one person that'll drag us to four wins in this series. It'll have to be the whole team playing well for sixteen quarters and I just haven't seen that in this series.

Thankfully, the Celts are weaker at home. Finger crossed that we can steal two and make this a series.

The mindset of the players seems to be strong and if they are truly capable of a championship than we are definitely going to see what they are made of tomorrow.

I for one look forward to watching them try.

Before game two, I felt that victory was a must. I was once again crushed with our defeat that dreaded day. Thoughts raced through my brain cells like a maglev train shooting forward at full throttle.

On the bright side, we didn't lose by much in both games. These were nail biting games coming down to the wire. That made me feel much better about the Magic's chances.

Those emotions died down. I don't know how to feel about tomorrows game. I'll just watch it and hope for the best. My heart still has confidence with my avatar and sig but my brain feels like a conspiracy theorist. Heart: Magic Win Brain: Magic *o*e.

Live or Die Magic great post man and to be honest I think we are all going through what you and your friends are going through. I can remember looking at myself in the mirror when Jameer launched from halfcourt and the game ended... I for one looked shocked and looked as if someone in my family had passed away.

The interesting part is that after that disturbing moment I got up, showered and thought to myself... It'll be OK. I will be at the game tomorrow and Monday here in Boston and inside of me for whatever reason there is a lot of hope. This is not the time to give up on our team and I WILL not stop believing until the Celtics win four games in this series. Even if that is to happen I can be proud to say I am a Magic fan because there were a lot of great moments this past season and hey... there cannot always be a perfect ending, but believe, believe, believe!! I believe in the Magic!

This is a great article I always enjoy reading them... keep it up!

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Great post

I hope you don't mind but I used the last 3 paragraghs in my post .

They moved me and I hope they move our MAGIC NATION as well.

JD...I'll only be upset if your thread with my words gets more action than my thread with my words!

Great stuff as always! While the ECF has been dissapointing so far our team is at least only 1 or 4 still playing.

One thing to remember is Boston has not been a great home team this year.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

The mindset of the players seems to be strong and if they are truly capable of a championship than we are definitely going to see what they are made of tomorrow.

I for one look forward to watching them try.

I don't know if I could watch.

Great post LOD.