Sign in to follow this  
SmackDaddy

Official referee venting thread.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

The officiating was simply awful to an extent that I couldn't believe. Dwight was held on all his offensive fouls. If they would simply call the hold, he wouldn't have retaliated and why can't he retaliate if he's being held? *sigh*

I agree, but Dwight also has to not complain to the refs and get them against his cause as well.

The refereeing was pathetic against him, but we still won this game. I wish there was a way to alert the NBA of Dwight being held without getting a $35K fine.

I don't think any other superstar big man fouls or fouled out as much as Dwight in playoff history.

I started to watch the game at the end of the 2nd quarter til the end of the game and...

officiating was not that bad... if there were bad calls, both teams got it so it was pretty "even". Granted Howard's 5th and 6th did not come in a timely manner, his 6th foul was extremely stupid, and he got away with getting his 5th earlier in the 4th.

Regardless of how bad the refs may be, Stan and the players need to refrain from the technical fouls. No need to give the other team free points in the playoffs. It could have cost us tonight.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

I started to watch the game at the end of the 2nd quarter til the end of the game and...

officiating was not that bad... if there were bad calls, both teams got it so it was pretty "even". Granted Howard's 5th and 6th did not come in a timely manner, his 6th foul was extremely stupid, and he got away with getting his 5th earlier in the 4th.

You are partially correct. The calls were fairly even for most teams except for the ones that were called on Dwight. At least 2 of Dwight's calls were very, very bad. Unfortunately, when our best player is consistently forced to sit the majority of the game out due to bad calls, I'm going to call it a poorly officiated game.

The thing about Dwight is that he is TOO aggressive when he posts up. He got called rwice for the swim move. He needs to stop using his left arm to push opponents away. Let them hang over you, Dwight, and draw the foul from them.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

It's never even, because Dwight means more to our team then some of the players on their team that got "bad calls".

If they picked on Gerald Wallace, it would be a different story.

I thought the best foul of the game was after JJ didn't get the foul call and then came down the floor and belted the Bobcat player. He had a look on his face "Now fool that was a foul!"

What can Dwight do when he's being held and a referee chokes on his whistle? On each retaliation, he was being held and they didn't call it resulting in a an offensive foul. He has to raise his arms up to catch the ball guys so he can't keep his elbows low. Tell me how the hell are you suppose to play through that?