i wish the refs would start acting like it too

giggity

quote:
Originally posted by Wes_Mantooth:

quote:
The Magic have been to the NBA Finals.

Time they start acting like it.

i wish the refs would start acting like it too

The Magic need to act like this is a new season. Play with a chip, but be smart about it. Take the frustrations out on the court, not on the bench or in the locker room or twitter. Whether we want to believe it or not, the league is about favorites and if they know (players/coaches/refs) that frustrating them will result in elbows, shoving, ejections, etc you think they won't use that to their advantage? It's working now and the stakes aren't high. Toughness is way more mental than physical.

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

when the Magic don't show fire - they get ridiculed for being soft. Can't win.

Depends how you define fire. Fire sitting at home watching a crucial playoff game benefits no one. Playing like the whole world is against you and your court time is the way to destroy all the competition is invaluable. Just to be clear, having "fire" isn't measured by getting in someone's face, throwing elbows. That's our definition. A lot of these guys play balls out and shouldn't be excluded from having an edge. If that's the case, you all should LOVE K.G.

The pushing and shoving is good cooler talk. It's endearing to the fans. Barnes and Dwight are too valuable to this team to jeopardize their PT just to get a gold star from us. Let me see the intensity in your play, in your hustle. I know you care by just walking away and gathering yourself. It tells me you want to stay on the court and that the Rodmans, Artests and Horrys of this league won't get you off your game. Just saying be smarter about it. That's all.

quote:
Originally posted by MP_20:

quote:

Depends how you define fire. Fire sitting at home watching a crucial playoff game benefits no one. Playing like the whole world is against you and your court time is the way to destroy all the competition is invaluable. Just to be clear, having "fire" isn't measured by getting in someone's face, throwing elbows. That's our definition. A lot of these guys play balls out and shouldn't be excluded from having an edge. If that's the case, you all should LOVE K.G.

The pushing and shoving is good cooler talk. It's endearing to the fans. Barnes and Dwight are too valuable to this team to jeopardize their PT just to get a gold star from us. Let me see the intensity in your play, in your hustle. I know you care by just walking away and gathering yourself. It tells me you want to stay on the court and that the Rodmans, Artests and Horrys of this league won't get you off your game. Just saying be smarter about it. That's all.

This x1000.

Dwight Howard's block on Gay pretty much showed what should happen whenever teams get in their face. No shoving, no pushing, no yelling. Keep quiet, and when they come at you just block the **** out of the shot, leave them on the ground in shame and regret for ever driving towards you, and score on the other end.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:
Originally posted by MP_20:

quote:

This x1000.

Does the guy in my avatar pic play with enough fire? Depends, doesn't it?

quote:
If the NBA wants to stop this then they need to crack down on ALL teams and players. Pretty hard to tell your players not to when some players (i.e. Lebron, Wade, Pierce, etc.) do it non-stop and get rewarded for it.

Just look at the Spurs game. Popavich intentionaly went after the refs to get tossed and suddenly the officiating does a 180 in the Spurs favor. Smart move by Coach Pop (Stan could learn a lesson from that one) but the Refs rewarded the bad behavior.

Who do you blame then?

Agreed.

And BS is a hack.