Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

The Official Rashard Sucked vs. Boston thread ($$$)

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Two weeks later.

You must realize that right now you are guilty of the very thing that irritates you the most: people bumping a thread every time a game temporarily proves them "right". I didn't see anyone bump it a couple of games ago when Rashard has 18 points in consecutive games on a remarkable shooting percentage.

For the record, Rashard wasn't bad last night. He was 3 for 5 from the field. He just didn't get the opportunities or the minutes to contribute more.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

You must realize that right now you are guilty of the very thing that irritates you the most: people bumping a thread every time a game temporarily proves them "right". I didn't see anyone bump it a couple of games ago when Rashard has 18 points in consecutive games on a remarkable shooting percentage.

In those two games that you reference, Shard NEEDED to shoot 62% to post 18pt games and in 35mpg still only managed 3reb in each contest.

Those two games only serve to futher illustrate my point that Shard sucks because very much like the 3 contests two weeks ago where Shard had a mini-breakout averaging appx 18ppg, he needed to shoot a ridiculously high percentage to do it, and still didn't contribute much in other areas. Meanwhile, the opponent's starting PFs averaged 23.5ppg and 13rpg. But clearly, Shard had great games!

For the record, Rashard wasn't bad last night. He was 3 for 5 from the field. He just didn't get the opportunities or the minutes to contribute more.[/b]

This is yet another point that favors Ryan Anderson in this discussion. All season long RA's minutes and games played have been irregular, yet he still continues to outproduce our all-star starter who receives every opportunity to shine and IMO doesn't.

And even though Shard "wasn't bad" last night, Anderson was light's out with the same minutes and opportunity.

PER Update:

Ryan Anderson is 15th among PFs at 18.04

Shard is 46th among PFs at 14.12

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:
Originally posted by emory889:

In those two games that you reference, Shard NEEDED to shoot 62% to post 18pt games and in 35mpg still only managed 3reb in each contest.

Those two games only serve to futher illustrate my point that Shard sucks because very much like the 3 contests two weeks ago where Shard had a mini-breakout averaging appx 18ppg, he needed to shoot a ridiculously high percentage to do it, and still didn't contribute much in other areas. Meanwhile, the opponent's starting PFs averaged 23.5ppg and 13rpg. But clearly, Shard had great games!

quote:
For the record, Rashard wasn't bad last night. He was 3 for 5 from the field. He just didn't get the opportunities or the minutes to contribute more.[/b]

This is yet another point that favors Ryan Anderson in this discussion. All season long RA's minutes and games played have been irregular, yet he still continues to outproduce our all-star starter who receives every opportunity to shine and IMO doesn't.

And even though Shard "wasn't bad" last night, Anderson was light's out with the same minutes and opportunity.

PER Update:

Ryan Anderson is 15th among PFs at 18.04

Shard is 46th among PFs at 14.12

He's never been a good rebounder Smack. Hell, it's hard to argue that he was even a decent rebounder at any point in his career. Otis knew that when he signed him. Stan knows it when he plays him. It's just a fact of life. The same can pretty much be said about his defense.

It's hard to fault him for having to shoot a really high percentage to get his points when his shot attempts are so limited man. He's averaging right at 10 shots a game. The most attempts he has had at any point this season was 17...which happened twice. How many great scorers would be able to consistently put up 18 a game on 10 attempts? Here's another question for you: If Vince wasn't on this team, do you honestly think that Rashard would not be averaging around 19 a game? There simply aren't enough shots for every player on this team to put up the numbers that some of us expect. As it is, Dwight isn't getting anywhere near the amount of shots I want to see him taking. Unless there is a major mismatch, I would prefer Dwight gets the ball than Rashard.

Anderson was terrific last night and I love his game. The only thing I would point out is that it's easier for him to put up the numbers he does in the same minutes because the man thinks shot first, second, third, and pass a very distant fourth. I love the kid but he's all about shooting the ball. I think the thing that bothers me the most is how these arguments always seem to turn into a all or nothing kind of thing. Either I hate Rashard or I'm supposed to hate Ryan Anderson (I'm not trying to put words in your mouth. Its just my perception of things.). I really don't see the need for that. Both of them are streaky outside shooters, although its obvious that Ryan has a major advantage on the glass. I'm comforted by the fact that there is a good chance that at least one of them is going to be knocking down shots on any given night.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Playoff PER update:

Lewis: 22.63

Anderson: 5.14

Shard was phenomenal, he was really aggressive and shot the ball with great confidence. Was it just me or did Ryan look a little gun shy out there? He had a few open looks he passed up, and I don't remember him taking or making any 3's.