Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

The Official Rashard Sucked vs. Boston thread ($$$)

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

My point is, every single thread minus a rumor thread here and there has been Junkie singling out a player.

That isn't what a real fan does, and quite frankly, I thought this forum was dedicated to real fans.

Is it the topic that is frustrating? Is it the delivery of the message? What is it?

From my perspective, the things that Junkie is providing the boards with are pertinent topics that the media is publishing articles about. Is it slanted toward a negative bias? Yes. But it's not like it isn't discussion worthy, or that Junkie is providing misinformation. It just seems like you guys get your feathers ruffled and Junkie likes ruffling feathers lately, and vice versa.

To me this has all resulted in an elementary playground fight atmosphere that can't be traced back to any one serious infraction but rather a series of completely meaningless and harmless adolescent jeers that have mushroomed into a "well, he started it" - "nuh uh, you did" squabble, and frankly it has ruined my friggin playground.

I gotta say i like when junkie starts a thread cause most of the time he posts articles and links..

I dont scour the internet or keep a fovorite link to media resources like he does so i'm thankful that he does what he does.

I wish you guys would stop berating him like smack said (some deserved some not) everytime he makes a thread.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

Who's untouchable Junkie? Seriously? Who?

Are you OK? Is the glass really half empty all the time for you?

Don't you think that you guys are perpetuating this a tad? Junkie hasn't been able to post a thing for months without drawing a reaction of every saracastic buffoon on here (some deserved and some not).

Not really Smack.

Listen, we all know they're idiots on this board. That's a given. Sure I post idiotic pictures, but I'm not oblivious to reality. Obviously Shard is struggling currently, however, I feel different and have thus voiced my opinion in an appropriate manner.

My point is, every single thread minus a rumor thread here and there has been Junkie singling out a player. The most frustrating (and I use that word loosely, since I don't really let what I read on the Internet affect my mood) has been the recent Jameer threads. Win or lose, if Meer didn't play like the ghost of John Stockton Cousy Robertson Nash, he was ****ed to feel the scorn of Junkie. Now it's Shard's turn apparently due to a string of rough games.

Personally, I feel it's undeserved when brought forth in this fashion. There is a way to simply create a thread to discuss a players slump. It's another to start a pattern of posting where every thread is purposely created to attack said player.

Think about it. Jameer goes 1-8, and the following week there is 8 different threads whether it be person opinion, blog, or national media critizing Jameer. And even some of those weren't even really critizing him, just simply pointing out perhaps a bad shooting night. But Junkie would let nitpick or manipulate the wording of said articles to make it appear it was The World against the Shoot First Point Guard.

It's sad that we as fans of this team, cannot simply discuss our favorite players troubles. No, we'd rather bash them and continue to demoralize them. By doing this, we're just as bad as the ESPN's and the Hoopsworld and the media we so often call foul on for using a judging players by a small body of work, or not looking at the grand scheme of things.

That isn't what a real fan does, and quite frankly, I thought this forum was dedicated to real fans.

Wow, the clown of this forum getting all serious.

Jareth, really, in this instance you are taking this message board to seriously.

Do what you do man, lol...post some jokes or some funny stuff...it'll make everything better!

Happy? Seems relevant too.

i6bjh5.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

I gotta say i like when junkie starts a thread cause most of the time he posts articles and links..

I dont scour the internet or keep a fovorite link to media resources like he does so i'm thankful that he does what he does.

I wish you guys would stop berating him like smack said (some deserved some not) everytime he makes a thread.

This

quote:
The problem I have with Shard is his effort. He puts out very little, unless he is making shots. He is also way too soft, he needs to look at Barnes's effort and atleast try to emulate it.

Have you all seen when he picks up his second foul, he puts out his best effort, running to the bench. OMFG, he doesn't even wait for the coach to put in a sub. It's like he doesn't even want to be in the game.

And about the money. A friend of mine saw him recently at a convenience store and he was buying a bunch of lottery tickets and he had his cards you fill out in plastic like the retirees have. Somebody asked him why are you playing and he said "you can never have too much money"

I wish Rashard would take that extreme want for money and transfer into a want of a championship and the EFFORT it takes to get one!!!!

I know you all would just like to argue about who has the biggest pair. But can I get a response? LOL.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Go eat a dick Junkie

I demand justice.

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

quote:
The problem I have with Shard is his effort. He puts out very little, unless he is making shots. He is also way too soft, he needs to look at Barnes's effort and atleast try to emulate it.

Have you all seen when he picks up his second foul, he puts out his best effort, running to the bench. OMFG, he doesn't even wait for the coach to put in a sub. It's like he doesn't even want to be in the game.

And about the money. A friend of mine saw him recently at a convenience store and he was buying a bunch of lottery tickets and he had his cards you fill out in plastic like the retirees have. Somebody asked him why are you playing and he said "you can never have too much money"

I wish Rashard would take that extreme want for money and transfer into a want of a championship and the EFFORT it takes to get one!!!!

I know you all would just like to argue about who has the biggest pair. But can I get a response? LOL.

I must admit, I was curious about the quad decaf, diamond dust & Crystal foam latte served in a precious stone encrusted Lil John goblet that he ordered at Starbucks last week. I was even more surprised when he discarded the entire thing without taking a sip.

quote:
Originally posted by Chase:

So I was at the game last night and Shard was REALLY PISSING ME OFF. Once it came down to the 4th quater and Shard missed ANOTHER open 3, I stood up and accidentally blurted "SHARD YOU FUC*ING SUCK" I then sat back down to see out of the corner of my eye a mom staring at me with one of those looks with her lil boy by her side.

FML smile_owned.gif

lmao

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

Thanks, Smack I can always count on you.

Sorry. My feelings about Shard are well documented. I've hated him ever since we announced the signing.

Honestly Shard looks like a good guy, real down to earth, but at pf he is a liability. He gets pushed around now, wait til he is in the 4th and 5th year of that ridiculous contract. And to think he was suppose to play sf. He cant keep up with the pfs in the league let alone the small forwards.