Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Schmitz says UF will call a press conference next week to announce Billy stays(blog)

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

I swear to God.. Rick Carlisle's hiring is the only thing that can save this from being a disaster.

Stan Van Gundy might make some of us squeal.. the best I could say about SVG is he might end up being a decent consolation prize. And I'm trying to be nice.

Carlisle and SVG would BOTH be a huge upgrade to our past coaching situations. For crying out loud people, you act as if we dont hire Phil Jackson tomorrow than the franchise is doomed..... There are plenty of solid candidates left and they are ALL better than BHill.

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

Well let's just hope for the best. I am truly dissapointed. I'd rather have SVG than anyone else left on the board. He passed on the Indiana job so I think it will be him. You don't just say no to making millions.

Stan wants the job here. He's already said as much. I'd be very happy with either him or carlisle. Both have proven track records.

SVG is a proven winner as a head coach. He or Billy will open up the Magic offense and put people in the seats again.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

SVG is a proven winner as a head coach. He or Billy will open up the Magic offense and put people in the seats again.

I'll be happy w/ SVG. The Heat's championship team was his team, until Pat Riley forced him to spend time w/ his family

If we hire SVG I will be really happy. He has been one of my favorites from the get-go.

Carlisle I would be happy with too. At least the game hasn't passed him by like it did with Hill.

Problem is that our team hasn't looked at these guys yet. Not good news.

quote:
Originally posted by Black And Blue:

If we hire SVG I will be really happy. He has been one of my favorites from the get-go.

Carlisle I would be happy with too. At least the game hasn't passed him by like it did with Hill.

It was reported today tha SVG has had conversation with the Magic, and SVG defered any discussion to Otis as to the process! I forgot which thread I just read that on, but it is here!

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:
Originally posted by Black And Blue:

It was reported today tha SVG has had conversation with the Magic, and SVG defered any discussion to Otis as to the process! I forgot which thread I just read that on, but it is here!

Really? That is fantastic! Hope I see more about this. Thanks Chosen