Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

C. Ford: Orlando likely to make Deadline Deal(Insider)

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

why do we want a trade when we are only a half game out of 2nd place, have won 4 of our last 5, lead the season series against atlanta 2-0, against boston 2-1, and have yet to play Cleveland at full strength?

just wondering

because most of the people on here act like girls on there period and react way to much after a win or loss

Just to clarify:

The Bulls trade isn't close by any means, but is one that is being talked about. He apparently asked about because I asked him about Soul Bro's insider bit concerning Salmons.

In this last e-mail, he restated the T-Mac rumors, and said that he again heard the Magic are trying really hard to find a 3rd team to work a deal for Chris Paul, though it is pretty unlikely. He said the pairing of Paul and Dwight is too good to pass up, and that it is, and I quote, "a giddy fantasy that Magic employees like to dream about."

Oh, and he said other deals would have to happen in order for us to take on Hinrich's salary, though he agrees that Kirk would be a great fit here.

quote:
Originally posted by onedollerbills:

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

why do we want a trade when we are only a half game out of 2nd place, have won 4 of our last 5, lead the season series against atlanta 2-0, against boston 2-1, and have yet to play Cleveland at full strength?

just wondering

because most of the people on here act like girls on there period and react way to much after a win or loss

thanks. was trying to figure that out.

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Bump to whoever said Hinrich and Thomas. Then we could shake and bake Jameer in some package for Iggy. Dreamland, I know. Seriously, though, we need better guard play and I don't buy that Salmons brings it.

I hear you. What in your opinion do we need from our starting two guard?

I want improved guard play, not just shooting guard play. Honestly, I'd rather get an improved pg who can at least dish (Nash, Kidd, CP, Williams) or defend (Billups, Hinrich, or even Harris ... when he wants to). If we stick with Jameer, whose strength is shooting (and used to include quickness), then we need a sg who can defend, create, and distribute (Joe Johnson). Right now, we have two starting guards who are struggling in every area ... defending, shooting, creating and distributing. Hopefully, Jameer will recover his quickness and steadily improve and Vince will regain even half of his old mojo.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:

Bump to whoever said Hinrich and Thomas. Then we could shake and bake Jameer in some package for Iggy. Dreamland, I know. Seriously, though, we need better guard play and I don't buy that Salmons brings it.

I hear you. What in your opinion do we need from our starting two guard?

I want improved guard play, not just shooting guard play. Honestly, I'd rather get an improved pg who can at least dish (Nash, Kidd, CP, Williams) or defend (Billups, Hinrich, or even Harris ... when he wants to). If we stick with Jameer, whose strength is shooting (and used to include quickness), then we need a sg who can defend, create, and distribute (Joe Johnson). Right now, we have two starting guards who are struggling in every area ... defending, shooting, creating and distributing. Hopefully, Jameer will recover his quickness and steadily improve and Vince will regain even half of his old mojo.

I agree 100 percent. I submit to you that Salmons can do that from the 2 or 3 spot. He can create, defend and shoot. The reason he struggled this year is because like Hedo the ball has been taken out of his hands. He thrives with it. "Ball!" Nuff said.

Is franny's rights something that other teams might be interested in? he is a lottery pick and maybe better than a late round 1st rounder, can he be a throw in that gets a deal done? And does anyone know what his rights are worth and the worth of picks in NBA trades?

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

Why would we even want Salmons?

BECAUSE WE'RE SICK OF BASS!

BAZING!

LOL.

Anyway, about the trade rumor and some posters saying this would only cause more PF problems, I think what we are missing here is that Otis wants to move Bass instead of Tyrus.

As for the acquisition of Salmons and Tyrus, I am all for it. Obviously, moving Gortat and Redick will be really hard. I reckon SVG will try to use the twin towers more, now that we saw how it can really help the team.

GOrtat's value has just went up, IMO. I'd really like to have Bass and Redick for Thomas and Salmons.

I think Salmons could really play the Hedo role and would strive under SVG's system. Thomas would be able to add more frontcourt presence for us.

Only players I wouldn't mind leaving would be Carter (depending obviously on who we were getting for him), Bass, and Pietrus (if we can get someone of his level defensively)... other than that, noooo. Well, if we can get someone close to the level of Gortat, then yes. The guy deserves to start.

Unless, obviously, we somehow get Chris Paul/Wade in some sort of freak trade.