Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Poll - Re: Brandon Bass w/ help from Coach Mike Moreau(link)

Lonnie in Jacksonville:

Trade Bass. He can't play a perimeter 4, and the backup center he used to be in DAL is Gortat. Let him go to a team in need, e.g. Cats, save some costs and get a young talent back. Imagine how Bass thrived in Dal. and he's developed a shot.

Mike Moreau:

I think he still adds roster depth, and is another piece for SVG to play with in the chess game of a 6-7 game series. But, I think you could also ask, is he really that valuable, or has he just been exposed? Is Dallas better / worse without him? Is Orlando better / worse with him? Is he one of those over-valued guys that just entices you with his potential? I wouldn't trade for question marks, although the best teams thrive on trading with teams who do.

With that response I'll pose the questions to this board

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=672

Lonnie in Jacksonville:

Trade Bass. He can't play a perimeter 4, and the backup center he used to be in DAL is Gortat. Let him go to a team in need, e.g. Cats, save some costs and get a young talent back. Imagine how Bass thrived in Dal. and he's developed a shot.

Mike Moreau:

I think he still adds roster depth, and is another piece for SVG to play with in the chess game of a 6-7 game series. But, I think you could also ask, is he really that valuable, or has he just been exposed? Is Dallas better / worse without him? Is Orlando better / worse with him? Is he one of those over-valued guys that just entices you with his potential? I wouldn't trade for question marks, although the best teams thrive on trading with teams who do.

With that response I'll pose the questions to this board

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=672

bass has not played enough to pass judgement. however i have a big concern with our style of play. lewis is too soft on d and does not rebound. pietrus is good on d but does not rebound and is mistake prone. i would like to see us try bass or someone at the 4 and move lewis to the 3. we need someone to play d and rebound. with our weakness at pg, rebounding, and poor rotations, we are getting killed by the smarter teams. howard can not over power the good teams. it will be very difficult to win in the playoffs unless some changes are made to improve defense and rebounding.

I honestly don't think he deserves to be benched. I'd really like for him to play with us. If he can't get a minute in the game, I think we should trade him. He doesn't deserve to be benched. It doesn't make any sense that he doesn't play b/c he doesn't shoot 3s. Stan drives me crazy with that. Stan says it's all about matchups but Bass has not been played when there are perfect matchups for him.

Why some Jax Stan fan opinion who sounds like he doesn't even know where Florida is on the map worthy of a debate? Comical

Bass was our best offseason pickup. Best pure PF Magic have had since Horace Grant. This guy is even more of a hustle player and is more athletic.

Leave it to a MORON of a coach that was let go from the Miami Heat and whom nobody wanted, to have this kid's talent wasted

The only thing this Magic team needs is desperate front court toughness, rebounding, scoring, and hustle. Bass provides this perfectly.

Yeah he's not 6'11 but neither was Barkley, whom his game reminds me of except for Barkley's outside shot

quote:
Originally posted by ElMayi:

Why some kid's Stan fan opinion who doesn't even know where Florida is on the map worthy of a debate? Comical

Bass was our best offseason pickup. Best pure PF Magic have had since Horace Grant. This guy is even more of a hustle player and is more athletic.

Leave it to a MORON of a coach that was let go from the Miami Heat and whom nobody wanted, to have this kid's talent wasted

The only thing this Magic team needs is desperate front court toughness, rebounding, scoring, and hustle. Bass provides this perfectly.

Yeah he's not 6'11 but neither was Barkley, whom his game reminds me of except for Barkley's outside shot ability.

100% correct. Stan is a dip**** I am really beginning to hate him.

Bass was bothered in the Denver series by length, and they are by no means the length that is on the Celtics and the Lakers.

Bass did nothing but take jumpshots in that series.

Here's a question: how many people here saw Bass outside of Orlando? Be honest.