Sign in to follow this  
MagicHistorian

Is it time to go to JJ?

I will say that VC shouldn't come off the bench. He's an all star, he'll get the shooting together.. besides, why cause locker room problems when none is there?

HOWEVER..

I wouldn't be opposed to the following:

C. Dwight/Bass/Gortat

PF. Rashard/Anderson/Bass

SF. Vince/Pietrus/Barnes

SG. Redick/Pietrus/Barnes

PG. Jameer/J-Will+A.J. (depends on matchups)

MP said he prefers being the sixth man, and it would keep him fresh for the fourth quarter. He's keeping himself out of foul trouble so I'm not THAT amped about it, but what I said above could very well be the best possible rotation.

By the way.. I may have even been wrong about Barnes > Redick, hmm?

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

IF the lineup was to change at all it should be Barnes starting at SF, that's it. Any other ideas you're wrong, so don't even post them.

I feel the need to repost this because some of you people just aren't getting it.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I gotta admit...was at the game last night and myself and the people that sit near me were all saying, "leave Redick in the game and keep Carter on the bench".

Of course, that was just last night...

Redick is ballin' this year for real though...

Just sayin'...

Is this me or Junkie posting this? LOL.

If Redick keeps it up, he might just play himself into that 3.8 million dollar qualifying offer due from the Magic next summer. For comparison's purposes, we once paid Keyon Dooling 3.5 million a year, and Carlos Arroyo 4 million per.

Do you remember the post that was discussing Redick averaging 15 points per game? Well if he averaged more mins. per game it is very possible. Funny how things change.

I applaud ball junkie! We have had a lot of back and forth over the last year or so and he has admitted he was wrong about Redick. Most people would not have.

Stan has been using Redick as a go to guy when the bench is in. He also has used Redick at SG and Carter at the SF position. I would put Redick in at guard and move Carter to SF if the 1st team continues to struggle. But Carter will have bad nights. Almost everyone does in the NBA. Its going to happen.

jj knows that in order to get playing time he has to bring energy plus. maybe it will send a message to others who are less inspired. the nba has changed and if you dont get the effort you can get beat.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

You guys can hate on ThuglifeJ all you want, but he's right. Anyone who wants JJ to start and Vince to come off the bench needs to hang themselves. Anyone who wants JJ to start at SG and Vince at SF needs to have a vasectomy, so we don't have more stupid kids running around, we have enough.

IF the lineup was to change at all it should be Barnes starting at SF, that's it. Any other ideas you're wrong, so don't even post them.

You valid until you said "Anyone who wants JJ to start at SG and Vince at SF needs to have a vasectomy"

Redick has played with Carter on several occasions this year. Even in the 4th quarter. So what your saying is not accurate to what has been happening. Granted they haven't started together. But its not out of the question. Would you be willing to bet a Vasectomy that Stan would not start Redick and Carter together this season? Because I wouldn't.

Danny, where have you been when Vince dropped that final minute 3 vs the heat; scored the tough basket against Pierce and helped us edge the Celtics; Scored 14 of Magic's first qusrter 17 pts VS the pacers and finally help us come back and win?

VC is part of the reason we are 20-7 right now. He is somewhat stuggling with the absence of Jameer but I am sure VC will deliver more when playoff starts. Starting JJ? Why not bringing back Lee and Alston? Why not bringing back Hedo? this post is full of nonsense.just cut it

quote:
Originally posted by Magic Win:

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

Stan has talked about how we havnt played well all year and i have seen some vets looking very disintrested on the floor.

+1. thank you.

quote:
I think start the best possible line up that is preforming and if it means a big name star has to sit well he better pull his finger out and start playing.

+10 thank you again.

quote:
just because a player dosent start dosent mean he wont get his minutes it just shows others have stepped up and over taken him.

There is nothing wrong with healthy competition within the team for spots.

+100 everybody hearing this guy??? I dont feel like doing the homework...but I know there are MANY allstars that have been benched, for whatever reason, and it worked out very well.

SEE: San Antonio

yea genobli comming off the bench totaly shifted thier dynamics and gave them better alround balance in thier rotation and he still got his 35-40 minutes a game. just a shame the spurs let thier side get way too old a couple of youngesters may have kept that dynasty as strong as ever and be giving the the lakers a big push of top of the west.

Wow, I'm not even going to read through this thread. It's beyond stupid.

JJ Redick over Vince Carter? Based on ONE game. It's so sad to see all these moron "fans" turn their backs on Vince because of one horrible shooting night. Before this little mini slump he was putting up 20+ almost every night, and is the most dynamic scorer the Magic have had since T-Mac. But oh noez, one bad night and we need to put in the Dookie.

quote:
Originally posted by Nelson3:

Wow, I'm not even going to read through this thread. It's beyond stupid.

Maybe you should have read the post before commenting on it. The you would have gotten the full idea. Everybody is entitled to their own opinions and you have criticized that.

For those things, sir, I must say that it is YOU that are the moron fan.

It's hard for me to get angry with a Magic fan, but this thread (Thuglife and Nelson3) has really pushed my limits.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

I will say that VC shouldn't come off the bench. He's an all star, he'll get the shooting together.. besides, why cause locker room problems when none is there?

HOWEVER..

I wouldn't be opposed to the following:

C. Dwight/Bass/Gortat

PF. Rashard/Anderson/Bass

SF. Vince/Pietrus/Barnes

SG. Redick/Pietrus/Barnes

PG. Jameer/J-Will+A.J. (depends on matchups)

MP said he prefers being the sixth man, and it would keep him fresh for the fourth quarter. He's keeping himself out of foul trouble so I'm not THAT amped about it, but what I said above could very well be the best possible rotation.

By the way.. I may have even been wrong about Barnes > Redick, hmm?

Carter is one of the best players we have and he is a border line all star, he has to start and play a good amount. But at the same time he has is not playing well at all, i wouldn't mind seeing JJ get more of his minutes.

I wouldn't mind that lineup you posted there either, it could actually work out against teams that don't the absolute stud 2 guards that MP has to guard.

and JJ Redick >> Matt Barnes

all Matt Barnes has over JJ is athleticism. He can't shoot better, not a better ball handler, not a better facilitator, and its close on defense.