Sign in to follow this  
Tough Break There

So It's Time: What percentage of the Crowd Boos Hedo?

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

seeing as we're doing good this year, we wont boo.

and seriously not booing is a big insult. It's like he didnt even matter, or we dont miss you.

so a boo or a standing ovation is the way to go. Anything in between is insulting.

10%.

I'm going to cheer and I hope others do as well.

I wouldn't boo or cheer if I was there, I don't know about other people. I went to the game against the Nets and Rafer got a pretty big cheer from the crowd, and I'm sure Courtney would've had he played.

As far as leaving for more money, this is how I feel I would do if I was a player. If the Celtics or Lakers are calling offering more money, I'm gone. The Raptors? No thanks, I'm a competitor, and I hate losing.

I know that Hedo was a fan favorite and all....but for the sake of the revisionist historians out there....the 2008-09 season ends, Otis makes an offer to keep Hedo, Hedo rejects (opts out) offer to stay; therefore, Otis pulls the trigger on the VC trade. VC trade did not happen before Hedo rejected the Magic offer and Hedo opted out. The trade for Vince was in response to Hedo's search for greener pasture. While I can't pretend to fault the guy who looked for and got a bigger pay day, it doesn't mean I feel obligated to celebrate turning his back on the team by cheering him.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

I don't know why fans would boo him. He did nothing wrong. Who wouldn't take the money especially if the Magic didn't want him. And to bring in Vince Carter was a slap in his face. He did everything he could to help this team. So if another team was offering more money then good for Hedo. The guy shouldn't be booed. He didn't demand to be traded like Tmac did, he just wanted more money. Whats wrong with wanting more. If the fans boo him then their idiots cause the guy played his azz off for us. I can see booing Hill a little bit but not Turk.

Huh? How is bringing Vince in a slap in the face? Vince was brought in to make the team better. Your comment makes no sense.

quote:
Originally posted by quaddoc54:

I know that Hedo was a fan favorite and all....but for the sake of the revisionist historians out there....the 2008-09 season ends, Otis makes an offer to keep Hedo, Hedo rejects (opts out) offer to stay; therefore, Otis pulls the trigger on the VC trade. VC trade did not happen before Hedo rejected the Magic offer and Hedo opted out. The trade for Vince was in response to Hedo's search for greener pasture. While I can't pretend to fault the guy who looked for and got a bigger pay day, it doesn't mean I feel obligated to celebrate turning his back on the team by cheering him.

EXACTLY, couldn't have said it better myself...

We wanted to keep Turk, he opted out then we offered him 3 years 30 million dollars. Sounds like 10 million a year to me. He decided orlando wasn't the place for him 2 million more a year was better in Toronto.

Do i blame him? of course not. If i were offered 2 more million a year to play id probably take it too thats a lot of money BUT im a magic fan, I wanted him to stay (now im kinda glad he left) but he left

We didn't trade him like Battie, Alston, and CLee, who deserve applause, he left on his own

He should be booed. Thats a part of sports, and it shows how good he was for our team, He chose Toronto over US, so if im there he gets booed.