Sign in to follow this  
Mr Charisma

Whatever happened to......... MC?

No, I am not referring to myself.

If MC is so clued in to everything that is going on, how is it that he has disappeared at the time of the biggest announcement the Magic have made all year? Or did I just miss it?

I'm sure MagicFanBen will pony up some excuse for him.

No, I am not referring to myself.

If MC is so clued in to everything that is going on, how is it that he has disappeared at the time of the biggest announcement the Magic have made all year? Or did I just miss it?

I'm sure MagicFanBen will pony up some excuse for him.

quote:
I chose to stay quiet for a reason and I need to leave it at that. For those of you who email me, I choose to divulge information to to just a select few, Wes who started FireBrianHill.org and a few others. Prior to last week I informed those few that Hill would be on or before the 25th. I was told that the Magic wanted the City vote to take place first and then planned on a news conference on Friday. My guess is after Denton wrote an article saying Hill thought he was going to remain as coach, the firing was sped up so not to keep the wrong message out there longer than need be.

I was going to try and give Wes an exclusive for his site, but the exact date was kept close to the vest and other than saying a date I was told it would happen on or before, there was not much to report. I believe FirebrianHill.org played a strong part in getting management to hear the voice of the fan, the true 6th man of the team. Fans should thank Wes for his time it took to make the site and start the grass roots effort. It should be looked at as an example of how strong the collective voice of Magic fans can be.

Wes and I have been discussing his web site for a while now. Wes has now bought a few names for the soon to be remade and renamed FireBrianHill.org website. It will be called The Sixth Man. I have decided to help with the project and more than likely curb my efforts here. Anyone that wants to be involved list their email addresses here so someone can get intouch with you. It is time now to get behind the new coach and new arena. There is no time to waste, the county vote takes place in July. Lets make our collective efforts as fans a positive one and show your local media that a site directed at firing a coach brought about a more positive message in the end.

This was his latest post from last night.

And weezt0e confirmed on the realgm site that he's been in contact with MC and that he did indeed reveal this would happen at this time this week. So take it for what it's worth, but MC called the firing but only to a select few.

For me and with honesty, a creation of a website establishing an objective to rid an individual of his position as a coach is pretty disappointing.

FireBrianHill.org = Classy!

I very much doubt we'd be sitting here now with Brian still retained.

Okay, just wondered.

I like his idea of the website of "The Sixth Man". That could be interesting.

Actually a whole lot of us "called the firing", and weren't buying into the media spinmasters hoping to save Brian's job.

I enjoy his writing, so I'm not criticizing him.

Weezt0e, I want to thank you for starting the website and giving Magic fans a chance to voice our opinions. You've had to put up with tools like Mike Bianchi insulting you and suggesting that you aren't a true fan and I for one appreciate your efforts.

Wow....please. I told you guys that Hill was gone 3 weeks ago. Seriously, it was not shocking news at all. MC emailed certain guys because he did not want egg on his face if it didn't work out.

He is not the only guy privy to inside info...in fact, I question if he gets it at all. If you check my recent posts you will say all this MC stuff outlined, so I don't have to rehash it. And save the hater comments because I addressed those also.

quote:
For me and with honesty, a creation of a website establishing an objective to rid an individual of his position as a coach is pretty disappointing.

FireBrianHill.org = Classy!

I very much doubt we'd be sitting here now with Brian still retained.

I felt it was nescessary at the time, given his realtionship with DeVos and his social standing in the community. When the site started he was still very popular with casual fans. With the arena issue going on, I doubt they would have fired a coach with a much social appeal as Hill. We will never know. for sure though. Everyone on here and RealGM had been saying the same things about Hill for weeks. I just decided to create the website becuase I knew people would listen if it existed as its own entity, instead of 1000 scattered comments on a message board.

On a separate note, I tend to look at professional sports figures, of any kind, almost as politicians. They have chosen a career that is very much under a microscope. In a way, this team represents this entire town. When they are doing well, we are happy. It gives us a sense of pride. When we see them underahcieve or underdevelop the team, we get upset. I think its acceptable to protest that.

I wasn't trying to ruin anyones dream or take away someone's ability to put food on the table for his family. I saw someone mismanaging the team I love and wanted it to stop. If I destroyed his dream, then he can use the extra 6 million he will get for the next two years as a pillow to cushion his fall.

quote:
Originally posted by weezt0e:

I felt it was nescessary at the time, given his realtionship with DeVos and his social standing in the community. When the site started he was still very popular with casual fans. With the arena issue going on, I doubt they would have fired a coach with a much social appeal as Hill. We will never know. for sure though. Everyone on here and RealGM had been saying the same things about Hill for weeks. I just decided to create the website becuase I knew people would listen if it existed as its own entity, instead of 1000 scattered comments on a message board.

On a separate note, I tend to look at professional sports figures, of any kind, almost as politicians. They have chosen a career that is very much under a microscope. In a way, this team represents this entire town. When they are doing well, we are happy. It gives us a sense of pride. When we see them underahcieve or underdevelop the team, we get upset. I think its acceptable to protest that.

I wasn't trying to ruin anyones dream or take away someone's ability to put food on the table for his family. I saw someone mismanaging the team I love and wanted it to stop. If I destroyed his dream, then he can use the extra 6 million he will get for the next two years as a pillow to cushion his fall.

Well said, I think your site got the team to realize that their PR hire of two years ago was quickly souring among their fanbase. Enough so that they actually starting listening to the complaints from season ticket holders.

Thanks for your hard work in bringing about this important change before too much damage was done.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Weezt0e, I want to thank you for starting the website and giving Magic fans a chance to voice our opinions. You've had to put up with tools like Mike Bianchi insulting you and suggesting that you aren't a true fan and I for one appreciate your efforts.

With your permission emory889, I would like to piggy back (more like highjack) your post and join you in thanking Weezt0e for all the hard work and being called out by idiots such as Bianchi and Schmtdz...They need some consideration for their own firebianchaschmtdz.org site!!!!!!!