Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Live Stream of Today's Press Conference @ 11:00AM ET

Otis just said the coach he wants will be different and unique then what the media expects!!! And that coach will bring us to the championship.

That has Bill Laimbeer written all over it.

He also just said coaches today have to be a lil' nuts! (Bill Laimbeer)

- He wishes this was over yesterday but we don't live in a perfect world and he's gonna take time to find the PERFECT coach for the job

- This is an attractive job

- He has a LIST but won't disclose who's on the list

- The decision to fire Brian kept him up all night

Well so far Otis just appologized and said that everyone has to improve, players, him, coach.

He also said that him and Bob sat together and talked about where the team is going, and that it was Otis who made the final decision to replace coach. I'm glad to hear that Otis is the one making decisions like this.

Otis also said he has a list made, but cant say anything about it, he is not giving any names out yet, and he said he wont answer any emails and phone calls for some time now (like he hasnt last 3 weeks).

Also saying that we have some pieces for our future that he likes, but that we still have a lot to do in the summer. (Obviously)

Here is some of the info, everything will be probably available in the transcript, like it usually is on our website.

Usual Otis, being very political answering questions.

Lack of player developement seems to the key.

I very much get the feeling that Otis is fully in charge now. (No BVW at the press conf for one says a lot) He is going to choose a coach not based on whether he is a marquee name. He is going to hire someone he thinks can win and is personally comfortable with. Otis is staking his job on this next hire, I get the feeling that it will be very much HIS choice.

quote:
I very much get the feeling that Otis is fully in charge now. (No BVW at the press conf for one says a lot) He is going to choose a coach not based on whether he is a marquee name. He is going to hire someone he thinks can win and is personally comfortable with. Otis is staking his job on this next hire, I get the feeling that it will be very much HIS choice.

Yeh I agree Nole, this is what I wanted to hear.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

Usual Otis, being very political answering questions.

Lack of player developement seems to the key.

Well if the ownership chooses to be distant, and trust the basketball people to handle the business of the team on a day to day basis, than that is the way that it should be! We all can't have Mark Cuban...LOL! I also think you hit the nail on the head when you said "Otis is staking his job on this next hire" to be as accurate as anything I heard today! From what I heard, Otis is in charge now, and the next guy better have a program, and he better be tough! Being that he said he will take a couple of weeks to decide, I have a feeling the P.J. Calisimo might be on the list!

I'm cool with that, he isn't going for a name or something to help with the new arena. I also liked that he looks at the big picture, instead of spending another year and seeing what Hill could do with different personel he understood that his style will not change and will not be what gets us to a championship.

He also mentioned getting a couple of pieces to add to the team. I'm pretty happy with how Otis seems to be approaching things.

media and fans talk about a "players coach", i feel otis is a "players gm". hes got it under control imo. and if he picks a coach that i dont agree with, i would have to believe there is a good reason for his choice. after that being said. hey otis iavaroni is available!!