Sign in to follow this  
Diplo

Gortat no happy

quote:
Originally posted by TrueMagicFan07:

Gortat needs to "ask somebody"_*cough, cough*. . .Darko Millicic (who was sitting at the end of the Knick's bench the other night) comes to mind.

Just when I thought no one noticed this! He should also put the call into Stevenson from the Wizzards!!! I have never been nor will I ever be sold on Gortat as more than a good young back up "C" in this league, and because of his 7" frame, they make more of "him" than what talent is really there! He is good enough to play in this league, but what he really wants is to be is.....????

Otis TRADE HIM NOW before this get out of hand. Erik Dampier as a backup isn't looking bad at all right about now. Gortat has to go as soon as we can get rid of him.

quote:
Originally posted by TrueMagicFan07:

Gortat needs to "ask somebody"_*cough, cough*. . .Darko Millicic (who was sitting at the end of the Knick's bench the other night) comes to mind.

Great Point... He looked so happy chillin down there.... on the last seat that he can possibly use..

But hey, people have different needs.... So let the trade talk begin with what we have....

Really wished he waited until next yr, we could of used him in a mega package deal for someone....

Want more minutes, Gortat?? Fine. Then play harder and better than Brandon Bass.

Good luck... oh and dont worry about gettin' traded, just keep it up and it WILL happen.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

If finding a team you can start for was your #1 priority, don't sign an offer sheet Orlando can match. If you can't find one they can't, sign the 1 year deal with Orlando, play it out, and then move on. Don't take the $ & b**** until they trade you.

Exactly, Gortat and his agent rolled the dice hoping O-Tiz wouldn't match. But they should've known better because we all know Money Ain't a Thang to O-Tiz.

God forbid a player has goals and expectations beyond making money.

Why would he want to make a name of himself and fulfill his potential when he can just sniff at the sweat of the great Dwight Howard when he comes to sit near him before the bench?

quote:
Originally posted by KLR:

God forbid a player has goals and expectations beyond making money.

Why would he want to make a name of himself and fulfill his potential when he can just sniff at the sweat of the great Dwight Howard when he comes to sit near him before the bench?

You're missing the point, and so is everyone else who is standing up for Gortat right now. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he wants. I commend him for wanting the opportunity to play a larger role and, as you said, to make a name for himself.

The problem is how he's going about it. The effort and the energy that everyone knows he's capable of playing with isn't there right now. He wants more, but he's giving less. That just isn't going to add up.

-effort + -energy = -playing time

That's his reality right now and it'll lead to him becoming a fixture on the bench and to plumetting trade value. He is not going to have his way if he keeps it up.

Besides the two games the Magic played the Pistons, I have probably seen them play about half a game, so I don't know how he, or anybody else on that team, has been playing this season.

But that wasn't what I commented on my post. My comments where directed at the responses where the most they could muster was something along the lines of "poor rich guy". If he is going about the right way or the wrong way to get traded is irrelevant to me, and I have no problem with people arguing that.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

Otis TRADE HIM NOW before this get out of hand. Erik Dampier as a backup isn't looking bad at all right about now. Gortat has to go as soon as we can get rid of him.

Have you ever seen Ericka play...? Pass.