Svanxx

Game Thread: Orlando Magic at Boston Celtics, 8 PM, 11/20/2009

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

Rob I dont want you hating Vince becuz of irrational people like VCdaCarter. Just dont take what they say seriously, it's obvoiusly with little logic. I do the same thing with VaBaCh.

and ya I cant believe the Clips are up by what 14 now?

This is vince's team now.

Oh yeah, shouldn't you be in the clips forum?

As much as I love VC, and what he is doing for us, this team will always belong to Jameer and Dwight.

What is he doing for us? He is our new Mr. 4th quarter. If you look at his stats in just the 4th this year...you will see his worth. Vince has been clutch in the 4th this year. I feel safer with the ball in his hands in the the 4th then when we had Turk.

By the way guys...we are 10 and 3 and have a better record then Cleveland and Boston. Thats pretty darn good with all the guys missing this year. We still have not seen the real Magic team because of everyone that has been missing. And the only reason we lost to Cleveland in our first meeting is because we did not have a 4 on the floor that could shoot the 3. If Lewis and Anderson played that game, it would of been a different story.

And last of all...I think everyone should say thanks to Shard. Because of his contract, he is one of the most underated players in the NBA. This guy makes such a difference for our team. His D is so underated its crazy. He had a bunch of steals and deflections yesterday. He still needs to work on his rebounding...but Shard is just the X factor for our team.

So we are 10-3 with a better record then Boston and Cleveland....turn your frown upside down people.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

You know maybe you guys (in general) should stop complaining about VC's shooting over the course of the game and start celebrating-

OUR DEFENSE~!

You guys were so quick to complain about it, how about giving all the guys props for holding "The Big Three" and their cohorts to their worst shooting since Allen and KG joined the Celtics?

34.5 percent, for the record. We "out-Boston-ed" Boston in THEIR gym while they had everyone and we had no Jameer.

Yes, Jeff Van Gundy, there ARE statement games in the NBA, and this was one. The "D" is back in the orlanDo magic.

That was an very good defensive game by the Magic aided by some poor 3-pt shooting from Boston.

I also have to give Shard a lot more credit for his team D. The difference with him back in the lineup is night & day. Yes he gives up too many offensive boards & yes he gives up too many layup on rotations, but he's 10x more active that both his backups!

Bass is pretty effective blitzing pick-n-rolls & defending post players 1 on 1, but I've been surprised by the lack of resistence he offers in rotations. RA is near useless defensively.

Welcome back SHARD!

Yeah this team missed Shard defensively, he has turned himself into a good defender at the PF spot, very underrated.

quote:

I dont think VC thinks he's better than Dwight lol..It's Dwight. Then him and Shard. Then Nelson. Obviously.

It's just he knows he's the best at creating his shot and being the go to guy in the 4th...that's his job.

It's SVG call really VabCh and Rob, not all on VC.

I realize SVG has some blame too, I just think its crazy that the most physically dominating player in the league never touches the ball. Why can't Dwight close out games? Either teams double and now VC or anyone else get open looks instead of contested, he gets fouled, or he shoots where he leads the league in FG%. All of those things are more positive than VC launching contested jumpers. Not to mention getting the other team in the penalty early so that you are shooting Ft's early in the 4th. Dwight should be averaging 25-28 points per game and needs to be given a chance to close out games.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

I dont think VC thinks he's better than Dwight lol..It's Dwight. Then him and Shard. Then Nelson. Obviously.

It's just he knows he's the best at creating his shot and being the go to guy in the 4th...that's his job.

I realize SVG has some blame too, I just think its crazy that the most physically dominating player in the league never touches the ball. Why can't Dwight close out games? Either teams double and now VC or anyone else get open looks instead of contested, he gets fouled, or he shoots where he leads the league in FG%. All of those things are more positive than VC launching contested jumpers. Not to mention getting the other team in the penalty early so that you are shooting Ft's early in the 4th. Dwight should be averaging 25-28 points per game and needs to be given a chance to close out games.

It's because Dwight is a poor FT shooter. They dump the ball into Dwight, Dwight gets sent to the line....how many does he make?? None? One? MAYBE both?? That right there takes the ball out of his hands late in the game.

If he were to shoot more around the 70% he claims he wants to hit, he'll see the ball a lot more.

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

That 1st quarter is exactly what I want to see every night, every minute from our guys on the defensive end.

That would be excellent.. I agree. We'd win every game by 64..

;-)

quote:

Sorry Thug but VC had something like 22 or 23 shots in the first three quarters....Pietrus was 4-5 from 3 early and never saw the ball again. Vince would chuck it up with 15 seconds left on the shot clock. No offense just dribble and shoot. I notice you aren't defending as rigorous as you usually do. He was a massive ball hog last night. And he shot every poorly. If boston is even slightly on in thta game we get BLOWN out because vince never met a shot he didn't like.

Van Gundy is a terrible coach, there is no way in hell the franchise player only puts up 4 shots.... and yes i did watch the game, and I stand by my comment... Magic did not play and inside out game, they played an isolation game with Carter....

AJ should not be in the game as well also, either play Carter or Redick at pg, they are much better then AJ...

Also is Barnes ment to be a defender? I do like his rebounding, but he can not shoot for shiit and his defense is among the worse on the team..

quote:
Originally posted by KandiKane:

Van Gundy is a terrible coach

Yeah, he's a terrible coach. He took over a team that had four straight losing seasons and no playoff series wins since 1996 and led them to two straight 50+ win seasons, first playoff series win since the 90s, and a Finals appearance.

He's absolutely horrible.