Sign in to follow this  
DuvalMagicFan

In Chris Broussard's Opinion........

What he says is kind of true. We have less of an advantage against the Cavs but match up better against the the Lakers. Moon is a very good defender and we beat the Cavs because Bron could not guard 2 people at the same time. He shut down whoever he was on and Moon could do the same. That series was very close every game except game 6, so I don't see why it's absurd to think one player could help that much. The Cavs and Boston match up well against us and I think whoever has homecourt and depending on health comes out of the East.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
shaq wouldnt last 5 minutes against howard

that's just ridiculous...

Ya Dwight is yet to put up numbers on Shaq, maybe this year, improved Dwight: > :Geezed out Shaq

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

I'm amused at the idea that Jamario Moon is a series changer. What has he done again?

What you don't remember? He was huge in last years playoffs in the first round when the heat beat the ha..

Oh wait...

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

What he says is kind of true. We have less of an advantage against the Cavs but match up better against the the Lakers. Moon is a very good defender and we beat the Cavs because Bron could not guard 2 people at the same time. He shut down whoever he was on and Moon could do the same. That series was very close every game except game 6, so I don't see why it's absurd to think one player could help that much. The Cavs and Boston match up well against us and I think whoever has homecourt and depending on health comes out of the East.

Come on man, who is Jamario Moon going to shut down? How does he even have a reputation as a good defender? Jamario Moon is one of those high light reel players that you see make a great play every now and then but somehow gets people to believe he's better than he really is. Whats funny is I've seen you on more than one occasion rail against the ignorant masses of this message board for forming opinions by watching sportscenter and other espn shows but here you are calling Jamario Moon a defensive juggernaut because you've probably seen him make a nice put back dunk.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

Wrong. Lebron is NOT some lock-down defender. That's just absurd. He gets his D stats by being a ball-hawk on people he's NOT guarding. That chase down block off the glass, weak-side help....Not taking anything away from him on that though. That's smart, heads-up play. But to say he's a lock-down defender because of that is just plain wrong.

And yet you are absolutely right on one thing you said. It isn't too absurd to think one player could have made a difference in that series, due to how close it was. Put Jameer in instead of Alston, and watch how much Lebron has to change his plans. He got away with ignoring Alston because Alston isn't as pure a shooter as Nelson is. Nelson would probably have been drilling 3s left and right if left alone, and the games wouldn't have been as close as they were at all.

BTW, don't ever forget that the Cavs were one last-second, desperation 3-ptr away from being SWEPT by the Magic....

quote:
Jamario Moon is one of those high light reel players that you see make a great play every now and then but somehow gets people to believe he's better than he really is.

hmm...sounds like a certain Turkish NBA player

The thing is though, they put Lebron on Skip last year because Skip can't shoot, so they can afford to leave him open on 3s while Bron helps on D. But I'd love to see them try to matchup Bron on Jameer, and leave Jameer open for 3s all game long.

quote:
Originally posted by DuvalMagicFan:

quote:
Jamario Moon is one of those high light reel players that you see make a great play every now and then but somehow gets people to believe he's better than he really is.

hmm...sounds like a certain Turkish NBA player

nah turk actually had stats to back it up. Jamario Moon just had a first round exit from the dunk contest