Sign in to follow this  
DuvalMagicFan

In Chris Broussard's Opinion........

If the Cavs had Jamario Moon last year, they beat us in the conference finals. I love reading what Broussard has to say just because he's an idiot.

He was asked who made the better offseason moves out of us and Cleveland, this was his response:

quote:
Good question. I actually think the Magic made good moves for any opponent except Cleveland. By adding Vince Carter at the SG and Brandon Bass as a PF, they can play much better "conventional'' basketball. They're tougher and will rebound better, so against the Celtics and Lakers, for instance, i think they improved their chances. But they lost the huge advantage they had over Cleveland. Turkoglu, along with Rashard Lewis, was a matchup nightmare for the Cavs. If LeBron was guarding one, the other killed Delonte or whoever they tried to put on him. So now Orlando finds itself playing more to Cleveland's style and they can't beat the Cavs 4 of 7 in that type of game. Plus, the Cavs' acquisition of Shaq gives them someone who can guard (not stop) Dwight Howard, and getting Jamario Moon and Anthony Parker give them two athletic and long perimeter defenders. I actually think if they had had Moon last year, they probably beat Orlando because he could have guarded Hedo.

found this in the Cavs live chat.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/...e=Cavaliers-Live0910

If the Cavs had Jamario Moon last year, they beat us in the conference finals. I love reading what Broussard has to say just because he's an idiot.

He was asked who made the better offseason moves out of us and Cleveland, this was his response:

quote:
Good question. I actually think the Magic made good moves for any opponent except Cleveland. By adding Vince Carter at the SG and Brandon Bass as a PF, they can play much better "conventional'' basketball. They're tougher and will rebound better, so against the Celtics and Lakers, for instance, i think they improved their chances. But they lost the huge advantage they had over Cleveland. Turkoglu, along with Rashard Lewis, was a matchup nightmare for the Cavs. If LeBron was guarding one, the other killed Delonte or whoever they tried to put on him. So now Orlando finds itself playing more to Cleveland's style and they can't beat the Cavs 4 of 7 in that type of game. Plus, the Cavs' acquisition of Shaq gives them someone who can guard (not stop) Dwight Howard, and getting Jamario Moon and Anthony Parker give them two athletic and long perimeter defenders. I actually think if they had had Moon last year, they probably beat Orlando because he could have guarded Hedo.

found this in the Cavs live chat.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/...e=Cavaliers-Live0910

espn is trash shaq wouldnt last 5 minutes against howard , it pisses me off how peaople belive shaq will do good with a ****ty roster when he had a better cast with the suns.

I don't see what's so ridiculous about that, I pretty much agree with what he said.

I think we match up better with BOS & LA but not so much with CLE anymore. I still think we are better but not because we have a huge matchup advantage.

Also, Lebron is not a selfish player. He's one of the most unselfish players in the game, his teammates are just crap so he has to take over more often.

ESPN is the worst thing to happen to sports since... I don't know.

The fact that ESPN is viewed as THE authority is absurd. They should stick to showing highlights. And they suck at that, too. Say what you will about modern society and the MTV generation (which, by the way, who is making programming for MTV? Not the current youth.), but ESPN is what creates diva athletes. Don't give Terrell Owens a forum through which to speak and he isn't an idiot.

My other frustration with ESPN is they have the capability to level the market playing field. They could cover the Spurs or Blazers as much as they cover the Lakers and Celtics (or the Rockies vs the Yankees/RedSox), and thus allow that product to be displayed to the same size audience. Instead, they prostitute themselves to the big markets and make them even bigger. For example, look at ESPN Chicago or ESPN Boston. Ridiculous. It is the shopping mall syndrome. Rather that using vast resources to help further unique local shops, most shopping malls are full of big name chains. The end result is the average town in Maine is no different from the average town in Texas in terms of products offered.