Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Alston Sees Himself With Knicks Or Heat

quote:
New Jersey Nets guard Rafer Alston expects to start the NBA regular season with either the New York Knicks or the Miami Heat, according to a source close to the situation.

"New York and Miami are the top two teams on Rafer's list," said the source. "He can't play in a contract year in New Jersey behind Devin Harris and Keyon Dooling."

quote:
"(Mike) D'Antoni might be the only coach in the league that would let Rafer be Rafer," the source said.

While the Knicks offer an opportunity for Alston to play in his hometown, the chance to play with Dwyane Wade and Miami might be more likely and attractive.

"(Dwyane) Wade loves Rafer," the source said.

http://stations.espn.go.com/st...3760204&post=4502603

If the Nets buy his contract out, then I say we should try to bring him back and trade/waive Anthony Johnson.

quote:
New Jersey Nets guard Rafer Alston expects to start the NBA regular season with either the New York Knicks or the Miami Heat, according to a source close to the situation.

"New York and Miami are the top two teams on Rafer's list," said the source. "He can't play in a contract year in New Jersey behind Devin Harris and Keyon Dooling."

quote:
"(Mike) D'Antoni might be the only coach in the league that would let Rafer be Rafer," the source said.

While the Knicks offer an opportunity for Alston to play in his hometown, the chance to play with Dwyane Wade and Miami might be more likely and attractive.

"(Dwyane) Wade loves Rafer," the source said.

http://stations.espn.go.com/st...3760204&post=4502603

If the Nets buy his contract out, then I say we should try to bring him back and trade/waive Anthony Johnson.

Well at least then we have about 15% greater chance of winning the championship... that is total of 15% chance of winning the chip.

Hedo was 65%

Courtney was 15%

Rafer 15%

Tony 5%

The Nets really need to move him or buy him out quickly. Alston playing behind Harris and Dooling is a train wreck waiting to happen.

while I like dooling much better, I think Rafer is better than Dooling. Rafer has a chance to be backup to harris...but, harris plays like 40mpg. Its really more about Harris than Dooling I suppose.

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

That would be unbelievable if we could get him back.

I don't think he would want to come back unless Nelson gets hurt again. He needs to go to a team like Miami b/c he's on a contract year and he needs minutes to demonstrate his value.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

The Nets really need to move him or buy him out quickly. Alston playing behind Harris and Dooling is a train wreck waiting to happen.

Might be going out on a limb here but the Nets have bigger problems than too much depth at the point guard spot. That team probably won't win 28 games

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

I'd take Dooling back any day. I'd say he was one of my top favorites.

I agree, I loved the guy while he remained in control of himself, but you can't beat his attitude, approach or hustle!

The next question for us would be, where do we place him? 3rd pg or 2grd, and how often would he be in a suit??

I am with you though, I would still love to have him back!!

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

I'd take Dooling back any day. I'd say he was one of my top favorites.

I agree, I loved the guy while he remained in control of himself, but you can't beat his attitude, approach or hustle!

The next question for us would be, where do we place him? 3rd pg or 2grd, and how often would he be in a suit??

I am with you though, I would still love to have him back!!

Theres no reason why Dooling couldnt be Meers backup. Of course im not sold on Jwill yet...but hopefully Im wrong.

Its just hard not to love the hustle and defense off the bench of Keyon. And I cant see anyone arguing on here that he would be an improvement of our 6-10 lineup.

Rafer would be even more fantastic to have back...I just dont see that happening. Otis is a genius, but that would seem a little too good to be true.

GO MAGIC***