Sign in to follow this  
IronMaiden

Magic basketball withdrawals

Hello all, how have you been? Haven't been around in a while. Anyway, it's September 17th and I'm officially suffering from Orlando Magic withdrawals. I lay on my bed, sweat dripping from my pores. Bedsheets soaked. Shaking like a 5 year old that's just been abused by a drunken stepfather with a replica Indiana Jones whip. Football takes the edge off. Also percocets. But that's only on weekends. Weekdays are the toughest. How I long for just an anti-climatic Wednesday night game against the Bucks.

Do you all know just how epic it will be if/when we meet up with Cleveland in the playoffs? I mean, that's gonna be one hell of an entertaining series. The Shaq/Dwight matchup is going to be extremely heated. We established Cleveland as our biggest rival after last year's ECF. Now they get Shaq? Yeah...that ups the hatred from Magic fans I'd say tenfold. Especially after all the crap he was talkin on Dwight. I just can't wait. It's gonna be fantastic sports. GO MAGIC.

Hello all, how have you been? Haven't been around in a while. Anyway, it's September 17th and I'm officially suffering from Orlando Magic withdrawals. I lay on my bed, sweat dripping from my pores. Bedsheets soaked. Shaking like a 5 year old that's just been abused by a drunken stepfather with a replica Indiana Jones whip. Football takes the edge off. Also percocets. But that's only on weekends. Weekdays are the toughest. How I long for just an anti-climatic Wednesday night game against the Bucks.

Do you all know just how epic it will be if/when we meet up with Cleveland in the playoffs? I mean, that's gonna be one hell of an entertaining series. The Shaq/Dwight matchup is going to be extremely heated. We established Cleveland as our biggest rival after last year's ECF. Now they get Shaq? Yeah...that ups the hatred from Magic fans I'd say tenfold. Especially after all the crap he was talkin on Dwight. I just can't wait. It's gonna be fantastic sports. GO MAGIC.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

Clearly you've never watched someone go through withdrawal while trying to beat an addiction.

I beat a 3 pack a day cigarette addiction. Mild compared to some addictions, but still quite tough to deal with.

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

Clearly you've never watched someone go through withdrawal while trying to beat an addiction.

I beat a 3 pack a day cigarette addiction. Mild compared to some addictions, but still quite tough to deal with.

owned-3950.jpg

I have to say that the withdrawal symptoms aren't nearly as harsh when quitting cigarettes than those of harder drugs ( I only quit meth in this respect, so I don't mean to speak for crack, heroin, etc.) But the addiction to nicotine for me was/is just as strong.

After so many years of early exits from the playoffs, or missing them entirely, it seems like just yesterday that I was in the arena.

But I am still looking forward to the year, with some real hopes. We don't need to fear Detroit anymore, and we have proven we can beat Cleveland, almost every time we play them. And Boston thinks that they improved by adding Rasheed to their aging lineup.

I say, bring em on, and hope for another short vacation from BB next year.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

I have to say that the withdrawal symptoms aren't nearly as harsh when quitting cigarettes than those of harder drugs ( I only quit meth in this respect, so I don't mean to speak for crack, heroin, etc.) But the addiction to nicotine for me was/is just as strong.

I'm addicted to sugar. Snickers give me cold sweats.