Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Magic To Cap Season Ticket Sales at 13,000

Is this smart in lieu of the economy these days?

I mean its good that single game tickets are available, but wouldn't it be smart to sell as many season tickets as you could to get that guaranteed money??

I don't think the Magic will have any problems moving single gamers, but it seems odd to me.

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

Is this smart in lieu of the economy these days?

I mean its good that single game tickets are available, but wouldn't it be smart to sell as many season tickets as you could to get that guaranteed money??

I don't think the Magic will have any problems moving single gamers, but it seems odd to me.

Perhaps they are so incredibly confident that the remaining couple thousand tickets will sell every game that they are facing losing money because of the season tickets cheaper per game price. Still seems tough to believe with, essentially, every other major sport trying to not only sell out stadiums with season tickets but create waiting lists. Philly fans suffer through like a 7 year waiting list trying to see their Eagles

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

When it says "13,000 season tix" does that mean 13,000 WHOLE season tickets? Or is that 13,000 partial season, 11 game package, full season, etc?

Just curious.

It's gotta be full season tickets.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

Hopefully they took away this guys season tickets...

2c849bb68e153de72b11bdce8189aec3.jpg

That photo was taken roughly three seconds after Dwight's gamewinning alley-oop versus the Spurs.

considering single game tickets cost more than season tickets, I assume they would gain money by capping the number of season tickets. How many season tickets were sold last season?

I suspect it is to reduce the impact of scalpers on the price you have to pay for a ticket. Many, if not most, of the lower bowl moderately-priced tickets are bought for resale. The more popular Magic games become, the bigger prices scalpers can get for those tickets. By having a few thousand tickets reserved for those who attend one or a few games, the Magic provide some price competition.

I will def look elsewhere to find a good deal as scalpers will be wanting to get rid of tickets. The reason they want to cap it - a lot of season tickets they are selling are 50% off and my ticket rep said they are raising the ticket prices on individual tickets. So really they are selling season tickets at over 50% off when you factor in the price increase. I was also informed there are no more $10 seats, you would have to buy full season tickets to get $10/game.