Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

ESPN's final Summer Forcast: NBA Champions

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/...dictions09-NBAChamps

quote:
Orlando Magic (3 votes)

And here's the case for the defending Eastern Conference champs to win it all:

A lot of folks are focused on the Hedo Turkoglu-Vince Carter "swap." Since you can argue that one in either direction, let's call it a draw. So now you have a team that went to the Finals without its All-Star point guard, who has returned to join VC in the backcourt, with an improving superstar in the middle, a tough new power forward in Brandon Bass, an All-Star forward in Rashard Lewis, a driven coach in Stan Van Gundy, and a deep roster all around. And they'll be extremely motivated by personal and team goals to finish the job this season. What's not to like?

Orlando, of course. Take the league's best defense, subtract the overrated Hedo Turkoglu and add Vince Carter to a lineup that already had three All-Stars, and what do you have? A team that's ready to handle Boston (again) and Cleveland (again) and get past a somewhat aging Lakers team (to whom the Magic gave away two Finals games in June).

quote:
The Cleveland Cavaliers were the league's most dominant team last season with a 10.0-point differential per 100 possessions. Their probable path to an NBA championship was pushed off course by an Orlando Magic team uniquely suited to exploit their vulnerabilities. Don't count on that happening two years in a row. With the additions of Shaquille O'Neal and some very effective wing defenders, the Cavs have insured that there isn't a system in the league that can hijack their championship hopes in 2009-10.

Nope, we ain't P&R'ing our way through this guy

great5.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

Orlando, of course. Take the league's best defense, subtract the overrated Hedo Turkoglu and add Vince Carter to a lineup that already had three All-Stars, and what do you have? A team that's ready to handle Boston (again) and Cleveland (again) and get past a somewhat aging Lakers team (to whom the Magic gave away two Finals games in June).

This completly says it all....I couldn't agree more YFP, you should have written the article! I just read in another thread where we have been classified as a fantasy league team....who just look good on paper!

Now let me finish by repeating what you and I have stated since the season ended....."we gave LA the friggin title" by being apprehensive! I beleive now as I did then, that we have no equal this season...if we play our game!!!! Good post!!

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:

This completly says it all....I couldn't agree more YFP, you should have written the article! I just read in another thread where we have been classified as a fantasy league team....who just look good on paper!

Now let me finish by repeating what you and I have stated since the season ended....."we gave LA the friggin title" by being apprehensive! I beleive now as I did then, that we have no equal this season...if we play our game!!!! Good post!!

That's still part of the article, Chosen. haha.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:

That's still part of the article, Chosen. haha.

Well......o.k., I still think you could have written the article!! LOL

By the way this is the same article that they posted a little while back when they were "making the east predictions" ??

quote:
And here's the case for the defending East champs to win it all:

A lot of folks are focused on the Hedo Turkoglu-Vince Carter "swap." Since you can argue that one in either direction, let's call it a draw

smile_beatcomp.gif

im stunned that 3 guys at espn actually picked us to win the finals. Should we be glad that the intelligence over there may finally be going up, or worried that someones actually giving us a chance and we only play well when no one does (cept sir charles anyway)

quote:
while Paul Pierce and Kobe will cancel each other out.

This was the last line I chose to read in the article.

I've read more intelligent comments from my 3-year old grandson.

That is such a "homerism" comment, that it had to come from Simmons.

Reminds me of the Sixer fans who said that Dalembert would "cancel out" Dwight.

How did that work out?

so i havnt bothered reading the article only this thread but wha i can gather is

espn giving cleveland and lakers more lovin am i right.

Once again I'll be grateful to watch espn swallow their feet. I fully expect an Orlando team led by Dwight not to give away games next year. He was playful last year, but this year I think he'll be driven.

And unlike Lebron, he won't be surrounded by players who talk more than they play.