Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Predict 2 players "you" think will surpass "your" expectations this year(Poll)

I'm thinking Jason Williams is washed up...I was even posting that last week before we signed him...still think it...but you couldn't tell that by looking at this poll...dude is leading it!

Oh well, what do I know...

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I'm thinking Jason Williams is washed up...I was even posting that last week before we signed him...still think it...but you couldn't tell that by looking at this poll...dude is leading it!

It is because expectations for him are so low, that any positive contribution from him would be considered gravy.

I'm with Echo on this: I can't expect someone to exceed my expectations.

As for the question of which players on the team are ones that MY expectations seemingly exceed the average fans expectations, I'd go with two out of the three of Barnes, Nelson and Carter, with the choice of who to leave out changing depending on my mood, and also what aspect of basketball is on my mind at that particular moment.

I was trying to make this s simple as possible...with as little typing as possible...yet I knew some of you would pick the opening apart.

Guess I was right bout something, lol...

Seriously, in my mind I have an idea about what I expect from players on this roster...and what some of them have done in the past.

I think Dwight and J.J. are gonna surpass their performances of the past...this coming season.

Now, I know we don't have anything to compare the new guys too...you'll just have to make an educated guess on them.

I actually chose VC and Dwight.

There is a chance here that the whole of that chemistry will exceed the sum of the parts. If these two click, this team could be unstoppable.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I voted for Williams because I don't think he can contribute much.

I would expect, from the way you worded this question, that JJ, Anderson, and Williams would get the most votes because they are the people that many expect the least from.

I would not expect any JJ fanatics to hoenstly vote for JJ, because they already expect more than he is capable of, how could he exceed that?

But there is a health contingent of people on this forum that don't expect much from JJ, so it should be fairly easy to exceed those low expectations.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

I don't know Junkie, if I pick someone to exceed my expectations, and they do, then have my expectations been exceeded, or simply met?

I think the exact words that flowed through my brain were...If I thought a player would exceed my expectations, then my expectations would already be adjusted.

My expectations are that Gortat & JJ will have extremely limited roles, but I think they will ultimately find more burn. icon_wink.gif

wow!!! i don't know what to say. this is the best thread i have seen in a while and i must say i have to agree with bj. yes it's me. jj must do it this year or move on and howard is so young and raw he has no where to go but up!!!!!!!!!jacklj

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

I don't know Junkie, if I pick someone to exceed my expectations, and they do, then have my expectations been exceeded, or simply met?

I think the exact words that flowed through my brain were...If I thought a player would exceed my expectations, then my expectations would already be adjusted.

My head also spun at the question. I think it came from Lake Wobegone, where "all the children are above average."

I chose JJ and Ryan because I don't know what to expect.