Sign in to follow this  
Hutchence

Brett Favre is a washed up *******

I lost a lot of respect for him last year, but this year I lost all of my respect for him. It wouldn't break my heart to see him get planted by someone. Maybe Green Bay? Oh, the irony would be great!

seriously what the Favre.

He had the chance to go down as one of the biggest NFL quarterback legends. IMO He was the best quarter back all time. NO ONE could hate Favre, even the Viking/Bear fans had to respect Favre. Just his personality and everything makes him a legend. He loves the game. Throws 5 TD passes the day his dad dies...the stuff legends are made of..

Then last year he ****s it up by not ending it as his GB dynasty...and heads to the Jets. An understandable mistake, as he has a deep passion for the game. He plays great, despite his age. Everyone thinks it's over and are ready to have Brett retire and all the GB fans, and even NFL fans will show all their respect.

O wait...Signs with the VIKINGS. Green Bays biggest rival! (along with the Bears). ***. What the Favre.

He'll still do great.

I know Viking fans are happy. Even though he's old but they finally have a good quarterback. He's going to throw alot of touchdowns but he will also throw the same amount of interceptions as touchdowns. Its still better than what they had in Frerotte and Jackson.

There's no way AP rushes for anything less than 1900.

Teams are going to have to stop loading 8-9 in the box because now the Vikings actually have the threat of completing a pass.

Favre is passed his prime. I can excuse the actions of not wanting to retire and coming back. The thing that bothers me is all the crap we go through between retirements.

We deal with Favre retiring in GB with the tears and the giant press conferences. Then we deal with the speculation that he's coming back. We hear that until after OTA's when he decided to change his mind. Then he pulls a bunch of crap with Green Bay to force a trade to NY.

Favre has a good season nothing spectacular gets hurt and it shows him that he can't be the same player he once was. So he retires again. Then we hear the comeback stories again, we hear the talk for weeks. Then by the grace of god he decides to stay retired. "ok" i think, "perhaps he realizes his limitations and made the rational choice even though he's being prodded by a team to comeback." But no. Now we get this today.

He lies to us, the Vikings lie to us, all so Favre can coast through preseason and miss all of the hard work. That seems really bush league to me. What's next? Does Favre retire until the playoffs next time? This just isn't right.

icon_mad.gifsmile_beatcomp.gifsmile_chairshot.gifsmile_bobafett.gif

Jordan really set the bar for comebacks.

maybe he is just pulling a michael schumacher - gets to read all the hype, hear all the excitement, and then has to cancel the comeback due to a niggling injury...