Sign in to follow this  
ReeceGaines

Otis offered up 1st round pick, Redick or AJ,and cash for CJ Watson, got denied[link]

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by ReeceGaines:

quote:

you dont pass on a young big, like anderson, for dooling... big man have lot of value in this league...

99/100 scenarios I agree with you; take the young big who has more potential

but we're in a unique position; we're right on the cusp of a championship, and need to go ALL IN the next two years before Vince's wheels fall off, so there's much less incentive to store potential on the back of our bench [hence why we got rid of Courtney Lee]

the difference between Keyon Dooling and Anthony Johnson might be enough to cost us a game 7 against the Lakers; Ryan Anderson likely wont get off the bench

this isnt the time to look at anything but direct immediate impact

it's why Otis is offering up 1st round picks for guys like CJ Watson; he senses how thin our margin of error is right now, and how important that is

In the interest of saving myself some time, I'm just going to put ReeceGaines on my ignore list.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

quote:

we really need to offer JJ Redick and a 1st round pick to NJN for Keyon Dooling; it barely works in trade check, but works

they trim almost a million in pay roll this year, and get an expiring contract, plus a 1st

with Harris and Alston [and Lee and CDR and Williams], they dont need him

plus we need a hybrid combo guard, because we have no one quick enough to guard Eddie House [or guys like Barbosa or Terry] without Lee;

Hopefully Otis reads this. I'd rather have Keyon than anyone else, he knows our team and was a leader for the Nets last year. He single handedly would replace both AJ and JJ.

You've got to know that Otis is constantly logged onto this board to seek advice on what to do with JJ Redick since he has absolutely no value to the Magic and the worst player in the NBA. LOL That is the reason that JJ is still with us. The haters might as well except that JJ is part of this team this year and possibly in the near and distant future. Its going to be a catch 22 for you guys all season to watch the games and while you want the Magic to win, you will always pray for JJ to fail. The two just don't go hand in hand. Except it. Redick is here to stay, at least for awhile. Wish him well as a member of the Magic and enjoy his success. It will be much more fun to watch the games if you do.

GO MAGIC!!!

quote:
Originally posted by 135BPM+:

You've got to know that Otis is constantly logged onto this board to seek advice on what to do with JJ Redick since he has absolutely no value to the Magic and the worst player in the NBA. LOL That is the reason that JJ is still with us. The haters might as well except that JJ is part of this team this year and possibly in the near and distant future. Its going to be a catch 22 for you guys all season to watch the games and while you want the Magic to win, you will always pray for JJ to fail. The two just don't go hand in hand. Except it. Redick is here to stay, at least for awhile. Wish him well as a member of the Magic and enjoy his success. It will be much more fun to watch the games if you do.

Your comments are petty, uninformed and uninteresting.

I'm imagining you dying right now, and it makes me smile.

quote:
Originally posted by star_phenom35:

What about Luther Head? He's pretty much a bigger Eddie House with better defense and no headband to slap off.

I would not mind plus we would still have our 1st and the te... I had him on my list after flip murry...

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

quote:

Warriors general manager Larry Riley has turned down all the offers he's received for Watson, the latest and most significant coming from the Orlando Magic, according to a person close to the talks. Riley turned down a first-round draft pick, cash and a reserve guard, the source said.

Good God.

How on earth can they not accept that?!?

Acie Law, Speedy Claxton, Monta Ellis at PG, with guys like Stephen Jackson, Kelenna Azubuike, Stephen Curry, and Anthony Morrow that bring up the ball in the GSW system. What on earth are they gonna do with Watson?

It seems to me that he will be their backup. Period. It will be Ellis/Watson at PG. I can't believe a 1st Rounder, expiring, and cash would be for a guy who gets spot minutes. They have bigger plans for this guy than we originally thought.

I think that what happened was that GS need time to decide which young prospect they will finally keep for the future: Stephen Curry or CJ Watson! Since the rumors began GS GM said that he liked CJ very much and that he would like to keep him. For me it was a long shot from the beginning of negotiations. Who knows, maybe CJ or Stephen Curry could be traded later on after they have a chance to see what Stephen Curry can do at the NBA level!

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

quote:

we really need to offer JJ Redick and a 1st round pick to NJN for Keyon Dooling; it barely works in trade check, but works

they trim almost a million in pay roll this year, and get an expiring contract, plus a 1st

with Harris and Alston [and Lee and CDR and Williams], they dont need him

plus we need a hybrid combo guard, because we have no one quick enough to guard Eddie House [or guys like Barbosa or Terry] without Lee;

Hopefully Otis reads this. I'd rather have Keyon than anyone else, he knows our team and was a leader for the Nets last year. He single handedly would replace both AJ and JJ.

I totally agree. Dooling would be great for us.

quote:

There is no planet that exists where Dooling is worth a first round pick.

hes a much better player than CJ Watson, offensively and especially defensively, and Otis saw fit to offer a first rounder for Watson; and Dooling is an expiring

quote:

jason in ORRRRRRRLLLL:

Steve, Y is GS hating on my SHIP!?! CJ signs a 1 yr they lose him for nothin! Y not get a late 1st rounder and a underdevolped Euro? THEY GOT 8K small grds anyway!

Steve Kyler:

Golden State is not in this to help Orlando... as I mentioned above CJ Watson has a PER of 14.27, that puts him as the 29th best guard in the league... keeping compnay with Mike Conley, Steve Blake and Baron Davis... would you give Orlando Baron Davis for a pick in two or three years and second round prospect?

Golden State knows they have an asset in CJ Watson that could be very good, they won;t give him up just because Otis Smith wants him... also shows how savvy Otis can be in scouting prospects.

24 Monta Ellis, GSW 14.57

25 Baron Davis, LAC 14.54

26 Steve Blake, POR 14.49

27 Kyle Lowry, HOU 14.47

28 Mike Conley, MEM 14.31

29 C.J. Watson, GSW 14.27

30 Rafer Alston, NJN 13.80

31 Raymond Felton, CHA 13.80

I did some stat checking so I'll add to this...there is a stat called true shooting percentage...C.J. Watson was a top "10" PG in this category.

Word...

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Steve Kyler:

Golden State is not in this to help Orlando... as I mentioned above CJ Watson has a PER of 14.27, that puts him as the 29th best guard in the league... keeping compnay with Mike Conley, Steve Blake and Baron Davis... would you give Orlando Baron Davis for a pick in two or three years and second round prospect?

This is the single dumbest thing Kyler has ever said in his life.

quote:

There is no planet that exists where Dooling is worth a first round pick.

The same as C.J. Watson. He's not worth a first rounder either. But Dooling is only 29 and we already know what to expect from him. Brings defense at the pg position, shot 3s well and capable of running the offense. Everything we already know. I don't care how we get Dooling as long as we get him.