Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

1st 10 games; Who starts at PF now? Poll/Discussion

i vote brandon bass too cause think about it.....how will these teams attack the basket with bass and dwight in there? these 1st 10 games the team will have to value every single possesion and play smart....but with a lineup of dwight...bass...barnes...carter...jameer should be good enough to get it done the 10 games....defense and rebounding will be important in those 10 games

The Cleveland fans may be secretly scared of our team but at least we admit that we fear teams like the Pistons; Rockets; Suns; Hawks; Mavericks.

We rarely beat these teams for some odd reason or have a hard time doing so.

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

Meer/AJ

Carter/JJ

Barnes/Peaches

Bass/Anderson

Dwight/Gortat

Then when Shard comes back:

Meer/AJ

Carter/Peaches

Shard/Barnes

Bass/Anderson

Dwight/Gortat

Is this really a "debate?"

FIXED

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

Meer/AJ

Carter/JJ

Peaches/Barnes

Bass/Anderson

Dwight/Gortat

Then when Shard comes back:

Meer/AJ

Carter/Peaches

Shard/Barnes

Bass/Anderson

Dwight/Gortat

Is this really a "debate?"

the only 'debate' should be who starts at the 3.

the 4 is now set w/o Rashard

Well considering I thought Bass should start at the 4 anyway... now obviously I'm twice as convinced Bass should start.

C. Dwight/Gortat

PF. Bass/Anderson

SF. Barnes/Pietrus

SG. VC/Pietrus/Redick

PG. Jameer/???

(MVPietrus comes off the bench, but plays starter's minutes, some behind VC, but most of them at SF. Barnes starts at SF, but basically plays "bench minutes.")

There, problem solved. Or at least bandaided.

One thing's for sure, Jameer better hit the ground running again, because Dwight & VC are gonna need him.

P.S. VC's gonna go even MORE nuts in Toronto 2nd game of the season now, one less All Star to defer to.

I really like the notion that we may seriously go 4-6 in our first 10 games due to the absence of our 3rd best player, even though our first 10 games include only 2 games against playoff teams from last year, one of whom, Philly, lost arguably their three biggest matchup advantages(Miller in the post, Hedo vs. whomever he was guarding on defense, Elton Brand not actually playing).

As for "ZOMGBBQ! DETROIT!", it's probably worth noting that they always would beat us with physical defense and rebounding, and that the two players on their team that were the best at either are now no longer on the team.

Also, come on guys. The first 10 games doesn't mean "First 10 games in November." There are 2 games in October. Just like last year, and every other year prior. You have to read the schedule. Come on guys! I KNOW you can do this.

i see bass and ra starting with the others playing depending on fouls, game situations, etc. i would be surprised if barnes starts. is he really a starter on a championship team? i dont think so. jacklj

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

Magicfan83: ^Think what you want. I've been a Magic fan almost all my life. And a VC fan since his last year of college. Vince has a huge fanbase, so to assume that no Magic fan's (especially seeing as Vince is from Florida) favorite player is VC, isn't fair. I registered the day of the trade to see what people were saying, and I guess I just got hooked here. I love the NBA, and It's fun to talk to other knowledgeable people about it. Just never had much motivation to join a forum, accept to see peoples thoughts on the Vince trade.

Still you guys gotta take a look at how much the Pistons have changed. Ben Gordon/Rip fighting for 2 spot, point gaurd, no big men, etc. They don't worry me.

I agree... All the players that use to kill are gone... the piston where a bad match up for use because they had a big pg (billups; gone) and a group of bigs that could bang with howard and post on lewis (wallace and dice; gone)... The pistons do not have the match-ups they once killed us with... Even with lewis out we are still more talented than them...

We will win those games...

I think that bass will start but I cant stop thinking about the last time lewis was out for a stretch during preseason and stan played PAT GARRITY to keep the floor stretched...

I am getting a funny feeling that stan will look hard at Ryan Anderson, who is better the Pat, and will learn towards the 3pt boomer that can also REBOUND...

It will matter how well bass and howard play but if the pts come hard, then anderson starts...

d12/gortat

anderson/bass

barnes/mp

carter/mp

nelson/aj