Sign in to follow this  
Catman Forever

Get ready for bad news...Shard suspended for 10 games

Perhaps they investigated a little before making any kind of judgment.

Something seems off about Rashard being the only guy in the league testing positive for anything though.

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

Perhaps they investigated a little before making any kind of judgment.

Something seems off about Rashard being the only guy in the league testing positive for anything though.

yeah deffinitely, dude is like a foot taller then me and i think i outweigh him

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

SC Update: the tool from ESPN is now saying that we should make it a bigger deal, because it traces back to the playoffs.

Watch them lobby for our series against the Cavs to be overturned, making Cleveland the honorary Eastern Conference Champions.

wonder if that was why lebron left the court so soon after game 6? he was straight into rashard's locker, spiking his powerade

blown out of proportion... just an opportunity for Bass and Anderson to get into an early rhythm with more playing time.

lets just hope the media gets over this and isn't dwelling on it deep into the season and playoffs. questions that are not sport related are never good for staying focused.

Not that I think we needed it, but now we have another big chip to put on our shoulder to come out the gates hungry and angry this season. David Stern didn't want us in the Finals, national TV schedule doesn't include us a a premier game on opening night, now they're going to accuse Rashard of intentionally doping? More fuel for OUR fire. Underdogs Unite!

I think the NBA realizes this was a mistake.

10 game suspension? Give me a break...if they thought this was intentional, he mighta been out for half a season...or MORE.

That's how I feel about this.

I can't believe Shard would be so careless. This guy gets 118 mil to put a ball in a hoop. I have to believe this guy was trying to get an edge considering his knee problems at the end of the regular season. Ignorance is no excuse and I find it very hard to believe that in this day in age a guy would just take things without seeing what is in them. He is either a liar or a moron.

This will give RA some good minutes though, but it was important for this team to get going early and work on the chemistry with so many new additions. He only hurts this team and our chances at home court through the whole playoffs. He also misses the first game vs the Cavs which is huge. I notice a lot of people giving him a pass but if it was Bron or Pierce or someone form another team you would be pissed. I could see why teams who played us in the playoffs might be upset since everyone is beat up and tired and it looks like Shard was playing with an edge.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

I can't believe Shard would be so careless. This guy gets 118 mil to put a ball in a hoop. I have to believe this guy was trying to get an edge considering his knee problems at the end of the regular season. Ignorance is no excuse and I find it very hard to believe that in this day in age a guy would just take things without seeing what is in them. He is either a liar or a moron.

This will give RA some good minutes though, but it was important for this team to get going early and work on the chemistry with so many new additions. He only hurts this team and our chances at home court through the whole playoffs. He also misses the first game vs the Cavs which is huge. I notice a lot of people giving him a pass but if it was Bron or Pierce or someone form another team you would be pissed. I could see why teams who played us in the playoffs might be upset since everyone is beat up and tired and it looks like Shard was playing with an edge.

turn down the 'harsh'

I am one who is swayed by the 'idiotic oversight' argument, even the experts think there is no significant gain to be had from DHEA and when you look at shard, who would probably blow over in a stiff fart, he isn't exactly a poster boy for 'roids

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.c...rmance-enhancer.html

Lewis = Jason Giambi

Two players who where over paid, at least Giambi was MVP, and they both felt pressure to live up to their contract. Also two honest guys who made a mistake and admitted to it. I still like both players. Face it, most players in any league are on the juice, or some thing close enough. I love the NFL but I know most of those players are on roids, or have a ticket on the speed train. Look at Shawne Merriman on the chargers who took roids, he only got suspended 3 games. This is the new wide world of sports.

quote:
Originally posted by adsm:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

turn down the 'harsh'

I am one who is swayed by the 'idiotic oversight' argument, even the experts think there is no significant gain to be had from DHEA and when you look at shard, who would probably blow over in a stiff fart, he isn't exactly a poster boy for 'roids

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.c...rmance-enhancer.html

He obviously wasn't taking roids, to get big. The guy was taking a supplement to help him recover faster. That is an advantage considering how many games he played through the playoffs. I don't think Shard is a bad guy, but I don't buy the well I didn't know what I was doing was wrong. Nor do I think Shard is the only guy in the league who was/is doing it. He just got caught, but how many other guys have been banned? 9, so that means that Shard is being careless and saying well it was an easy ,mistake and its unfair. Well if it was that easy and common I think more than 9 guys would have been suspended since 1999. The guy is a star in the league and it is totally unacceptable.

Just got home from work...

****. If you would have given me 200 guesses of who tested positive for banned substances relating to steroids, I would have never picked rashard. He'll still be playing the first 10 games on 2K so there is a silver lining. I'm going to go suck on the tail pipe of my car.