Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

J.J. 's future? Coach Moreau says it's time for respect(pg.12)

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by magicfreak#1:

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:
Originally posted by FattyDookas:

quote:
Originally posted by 135BPM+:

Everyone needs to take a break and stop the TRADE REDICK hysteria.Otis has shown no indication that he is interested in moving Reddick. Why would he move a weapon that he knows was productive during the playoffs. I sure he expects the new signees to come in and produce but its no way to know how they will perform until he actually sees what kind of team chemistry is developed.

Tyler_Hansbrough-Greg_Paulus_Fight.jpg

Am i missing something here? jj didn't make shots and he only played significant minutes in one series against an ice cold ray allen. how does that constitute a weapon. youre drunk on that jj juice again lil' buddy.

Ice cold Ray Allen? I am not a JJ lover like a lot of people here, but Ray Ray was coming off a 51 point performance and then a 23 point performance before he faced the magic. Give JJ some credit!

This is Ray Allen were talking about. This guy was missing a lot of shots when he played us. Had nothing to do with Redick's defense. Allen was missing everything even wide open shots. Redick played ok defense but Allen basically played defense on himself for missing all them shots. Its like he shutdown himself. Redick shouldn't get too much credit for that.

So now Carter is going to be our small forward. WOW!!!!!! Redick better take advantage of this opportunity and stop missing open 3 pointers. Barnes will not play that many minutes now.

I 'm trying to be objective here but you need to watch the Celtic series again JJ was all over Ray Allen, and he really made him work for shots. IMO JJ is able to defend this type of player well, or at least ok. Let's face it, JJ's problem on D is "on ball" defense stopping guys that get their own shot. but props to JJ against Allen. Hey look at it this way though, don't worry if JJ gets more minutes this year it is a vrey good sign for us, ... there was more garbage time, (we had big leads more often.) or the match ups worked out to where we could keep an outstanding shooter out on the floor. Either way SVG has shown he won't compromise on the defensive end.

As far as where to play Carter, my answer is which ever match up makes him work the least on D, most of the time at the 3 spot. This is why Barnes is so important more tough D, and back court fouls that arn't VC, watch the cleveland series again to figure out why we need this. Don't you all think Barnes will also get time at the 2 spot?

good post.

No comment

i'm with you skywise. this is really old news but i guess the heat is getting to some over the summer. thank goodness svg is the coach and not the few on this board. surely jj would be better off on another team and hopefully for his fans it will happen. it would also improve this forum. like you sky i am really tired of it. jacklj

Step back from the ledge Sky, you've been Mr. Angry voice a lot lately and it's kind of funny. Kind of.

There are plenty of people here with realistic veiws of JJ, but the one's that talk the most (because they are passionate about the topic) are the people on the extreme ends of the issue.

JJ Fanatics, and those who stand in their opposition. I would say JJ haters, but I honestly think it's more anti JJ Fanatics than it is anti JJ. Granted, there are some that just don't like JJ, but I think they are the minority.

I think the new topic title for this thread is misleading. I don't think JJ will end up playing more minutes than last season, I think he will end up playing less. I think Hollinger is mistaken in his line up assumptions, but then, I'm just another opinion. No one really knows until Stan makes it happen.

The way I see it, JJ and Anderson both will struggle to find minutes on this team. We still need a third PG. If we can't find a viable option using the trade exception of a vet minimum contract, it might come down to trading away something we have that has value, in order to get what we need.

I don't think Gortat will be traded until next summer (though he certainly could be moved, particularly to a team like Houston that might get desperate for a Center that can start.

That pretty much leaves Anderson and JJ. I'm sorry, but Anderson is coming off of his rookie season and has already shown more promise than JJ's entire NBA career so far. We need to hold on to that youth and potential. Giving Anderson a shot on this team seems more logical than giving JJ yet another, if it comes down to it.

I just wonder how much value he really holds as a tradeable asset outside of being an expiring contract.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

JJ is a good insurance policy, but if it can be cashed in for a back-up pg it should be done.

This.

But this J.J. Redick v. Ray Allen thing is REALLY starting to tick me off. I get so sick and tired of some people refusing to admit when Redick does anything wrong ever, and when other people refuse to admit when Redick does anything RIGHT, ever.

It's [bleep]in' maddening to me.

Ask the Chicago Bulls just how old and ineffective Ray Allen is. Right before the Celtics played against us, I think the Bulls had more than their fill of Ray Ray.

All I know is in the presser after Boston Game 7, when asked about JJ's defense against him, Ray Allen said, "He definitely did his job."

It's pretty sad to me that JJ haters have to discredit one of the best shooters in the history of the game and quite possible a future Hall-Of-Famer before it's all said and done, to try to make their point work.

Anyway, Magicfreak #1 pretty much said the rest of it all for me. JJ's shot well before, and he's defended well before (last year). Now he needs to prove he can do both at the same time. I doubt he can improve his play enough to enough to earn a 3.8 mil qualifying offer next summer, but statements like to say that he won't be in the NBA somewhere after next year is just, well, ridiculous. Sorry, I don't know what else to call it this late at night.

Good Post.

The anti-Redick post that always gave the biggest chuckle to me last year were the constant FEAR post saying, "Oh my God, what if JJ gets matched up one on one against LeBron or , " What if Kobe gets Redick in a one on one situation." "If that happens we're doomed to loose." Then LeBron or Kobe would go off for 50 against Courtney Lee and whoever else that would be guarding them and the haters would only talk about the 2-3 baskets that they scored agaist JJ. JJ's true effectiveness will never be appreciated by the haters no matter what he does. Some are already screaming about Barnes not getting minutes and they haven't even seen him play in Stan's system. I won't say it applies in all cases but many on this board could care less if Barnes or whoever plays. They just don't want Redick to play. The dislike for one player is amazing.

I am kind of like Skywise in that I don't understand the JJ hate on this board.

It seems to me that the Magic have hired SVG and Otis to do the best job that they can to win a championship. And they got to the Finals last year. Yet so many on this board seem to think they can do a better job of managing the team than Otis and SVG.

JJ is doing his best to get things done in the NBA. Only a few deny that he has improved yearly since his arrival. A large vocal group on this board is opposed to JJ playing any significant minutes, and have relegated him to the end of the bench or trading block. Another group sees the improvement and thinks that JJ deserves minutes. And a few think we should build the team around Redick, instead of around Howard.

All that really matters is what SVG and Otis think. If JJ really does suck, then we should be complaining about SVG and Otis because of their stupidity in playing him.

Or a person could trust that Otis and SVG are NOT being held captive by PEC or a gang of teen girls who won't let JJ be traded. Maybe they actually think that JJ can contribute in a significant way to our success next year.

Maybe SVG even thinks that JJ deserves more minutes than Barnes at the 2.

No matter how much brilliance some posters think they display, the poster must admit that Otis and SVG have a better understanding of what they want than anyone on this board.

Hey, you have a right to say what you want on this board. But, so do I. And in my opinion JJ is an significant asset to the Magic, and I support their decision to let him play more, if in fact it is true.

And I will not be intimidated when the haters decide to attack me because they are frustrated over what SVG or Otis are doing with JJ. None of you are a more loyal or faithful fan of the Magic than I am, no matter how pithy your comments, or excellent your LOL cat skills are.

quote:
Originally posted by ST since 90:

I am kind of like Skywise in that I don't understand the JJ hate on this board. I'm still waiting for someone to explain what's criticism of JJ and what's hate. I think he's a horribly inefficient shooter who in 3 seasons in the NBA has never even approached a "good" shooting percentage. Does that make me a hater, or someone with criticism? Sh1t be ambiguous.

It seems to me that the Magic have hired SVG and Otis to do the best job that they can to win a championship. And they got to the Finals last year. Yet so many on this board seem to think they can do a better job of managing the team than Otis and SVG. Taking the logic presented here to its logical conclusion, we shouldn't have this message board at all. If having an opinion different from team management is inately wrong, why have a discussion forum at all?

JJ is doing his best to get things done in the NBA. Only a few deny that he has improved yearly since his arrival. A large vocal group on this board is opposed to JJ playing any significant minutes, and have relegated him to the end of the bench or trading block. Another group sees the improvement and thinks that JJ deserves minutes. And a few think we should build the team around Redick, instead of around Howard. I'm opposed to JJ getting minutes because he is a role player who fills a role we don't need(and he's not even especially good at that role, as his shooting percentages can attest). Thus, I want him traded to bring in a role player who fills an actual need. Again: is that criticism/discussion fodder, or haterism? Sh1t be ambiguous.

All that really matters is what SVG and Otis think. Discussion forum. If JJ really does suck, then we should be complaining about SVG and Otis because of their stupidity in playing him. We do that. Often.

Or a person could trust that Otis and SVG are NOT being held captive by PEC or a gang of teen girls who won't let JJ be traded. Maybe they actually think that JJ can contribute in a significant way to our success next year. So my only options are "Believe that every decision made by the Magic FO is made under duress" or "Agree without question with their decisions". That makes sense.

Maybe SVG even thinks that JJ deserves more minutes than Barnes at the 2. I would hope so, since Barnes is a combo forward, and really has no business getting minutes at the 2. The issue was always whether it was a better decision to start Redick/Carter or Carter/Barnes, or really where Carter starts. Barnes at the 2 was never an option.

No matter how much brilliance some posters think they display, the poster must admit that Otis and SVG have a better understanding of what they want than anyone on this board. True, but what a person wants isn't always the best thing for them. Most toddlers have a better understanding of what they want than I do, but I also know better than they do, for instance, what foods are healthy. Obviously, that's an extreme example, and I'm not saying I'm smarter than SVG or Otis, but I am saying that I am completely capable of disagreeing with their decisions. Again: discussion forum.

Also: why is it that the same people who get angry when I tell them their opinions are stupid and tell me how "everyone is entitled to their opinion" undercut that very point by demanding obedience to Otis/Stan whenever there is an article or comment like this one that sort of supports their point.

Hey, you have a right to say what you want on this board. But, so do I. And in my opinion JJ is an significant asset to the Magic, and I support their decision to let him play more, if in fact it is true. I don't. And you're undercutting yourself again.

And I will not be intimidated when the haters decide to attack me because they are frustrated over what SVG or Otis are doing with JJ. Who are the haters? Again: no one has, to my knowledge, said they wished JJ contracted cancer of the everything. They're suggesting he doesn't help the team. There's a difference. None of you are a more loyal or faithful fan of the Magic than I am, no matter how pithy your comments, or excellent your LOL cat skills are. I'll give you credit for the word "pithy", since it doesn't get used enough and that's a shame, but writing a paragraph where you both declare that you boldly will not be silenced, and then you throw a back-handed insult at a large group of the board with all the subtlety of a drive-by, you're really asking for the kind of response you claim to be unafraid of. It's all well and good that you're unafraid, but in making the latter comment you walk boldly past the point of "righteous defender of the noble maiden Redick's honor" and into the realm of "self-righteous jerk who's looking for a fight".

lol i remember jj coming off the bench last season for the first two games while courtney lee sat there.... we lost to the hawks and the griz... then things were sort of changed.

quote:
:Oiginately posted by Drunk On Mystery

And I will not be intimidated when the haters decide to attack me because they are frustrated over what SVG or Otis are doing with JJ. Who are the haters? Again: no one has, to my knowledge, said they wished JJ contracted cancer of the everything. They're suggesting he doesn't help the team. There's a difference. None of you are a more loyal or faithful fan of the Magic than I am, no matter how pithy your comments, or excellent your LOL cat skills are. I'll give you credit for the word "pithy", since it doesn't get used enough and that's a shame, but writing a paragraph where you both declare that you boldly will not be silenced, and then you throw a back-handed insult at a large group of the board with all the subtlety of a drive-by, you're really asking for the kind of response you claim to be unafraid of. It's all well and good that you're unafraid, but in making the latter comment you walk boldly past the point of "righteous defender of the noble maiden Redick's honor" and into the realm of "self-righteous jerk who's looking for a fight".

------------------------------------------------

Posted August 04, 2009 12:30 PM Hide Post

quote:

Thanks for all responses. To my surprise there were only 2 Redick sucks responses. All and all some very good opinions of why people feel Barnes will get minutes. The response I liked mentioned what makes up champinship caliber teams. To me the Magic were a championship caliber team last year with JJ in the mix especially during the playoff run. Heck, Courtney Lee makes that layup or Dwight hits those free throws who knows what would have happened. I not saying Barnes sucks. He is a good athletic player that can run the floor. I just don't see him having anything locked up over JJ. Someone said he hustles. Redick doesn't? Some say he's a good passer and can shoot the 3. Better than Redick? Hmmmm. Some say a good defender, some say not so good. Better than Redick. That remains to be seen. Redick did a pretty darn good job during the playoffs and probally actually played as much for his D as his O. Some say Stan is high on Barnes during press conferences. I don't doubt that at all. He also is high on JJ in pretty much any press conference he has been asked questions about Redick in. The bottom line is we don't know what the rotation will be. That's what training camp is for.

GO MAGIC!!!!

Posted by Drunk on Mystery Aug 4, 2009

Your contribution to this thread, this board, and I would have to guess life itself is nonexistent. Your comments are petty and uninteresting. I'm imagining you dying right now, and it makes me smile.

2rbyql4.png

You're as consistent as a Politician. I get death wished upon me for supporting Redick. I would say you hate him because you don't know me.

I'm confused. There is a RealGM statement, a Hoopsworld chat, and some Hollinger speculation that was quoted in this thread that has touched off another JJ Redick discussion? It's not like Otis was quoted saying that he wouldn't trade JJ. And even if he did, I would see it as a trade value building statement, not a clear indication that Mr. Redick is getting moved up in the rotation ahead of numerous more qualified players.

I would like to refer everybody to KITNO's "Rank da Playas" thread, http://orlandomagiczone.com/ev...91029871/m/952100704.

Anybody see JJ Redick listed as a top 10 talent on our team?

quote:

quote:
:Oiginately posted by Drunk On Mystery

Posted August 04, 2009 12:30 PM Hide Post

quote:

Thanks for all responses. To my surprise there were only 2 Redick sucks responses. All and all some very good opinions of why people feel Barnes will get minutes. The response I liked mentioned what makes up champinship caliber teams. To me the Magic were a championship caliber team last year with JJ in the mix especially during the playoff run. Heck, Courtney Lee makes that layup or Dwight hits those free throws who knows what would have happened. I not saying Barnes sucks. He is a good athletic player that can run the floor. I just don't see him having anything locked up over JJ. Someone said he hustles. Redick doesn't? Some say he's a good passer and can shoot the 3. Better than Redick? Hmmmm. Some say a good defender, some say not so good. Better than Redick. That remains to be seen. Redick did a pretty darn good job during the playoffs and probally actually played as much for his D as his O. Some say Stan is high on Barnes during press conferences. I don't doubt that at all. He also is high on JJ in pretty much any press conference he has been asked questions about Redick in. The bottom line is we don't know what the rotation will be. That's what training camp is for.

GO MAGIC!!!!

quote:
Posted by Drunk on Mystery Aug 4, 2009

Your contribution to this thread, this board, and I would have to guess life itself is nonexistent. Your comments are petty and uninteresting. I'm imagining you dying right now, and it makes me smile.

2rbyql4.png

You're as consistent as a Politician. I get death wished upon me for supporting Redick. I would say you hate him because you don't know me.

I am confused as to why, exactly, you are responding to non-existant contributions to the forum, and life itself. I mean, what exactly is there to respond to if something is non existant?

You might as well change your name to PEC2, because you both display the same fail at logic and inability to construct meaningful and solid arguments. Though your grasp of punctuation at least helps you make your poorly formed points more understandable than the aformentioned PEC.

It's a shame that you can't logically defend JJ's game against a sincere critical view of his NBA career, and instead have to resort to attacking the person to advance your cause.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I'm confused. There is a RealGM statement, a Hoopsworld chat, and some Hollinger speculation that was quoted in this thread that has touched off another JJ Redick discussion? It's not like Otis was quoted saying that he wouldn't trade JJ. And even if he did, I would see it as a trade value building statement, not a clear indication that Mr. Redick is getting moved up in the rotation ahead of numerous more qualified players.

I would like to refer everybody to KITNO's "Rank da Playas" thread, http://orlandomagiczone.com/ev...91029871/m/952100704.

Anybody see JJ Redick listed as a top 10 talent on our team?

JJ Hater.