Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Return of PR sensation Carlos Arroyo?(link) Update bottom of pg. 5

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

as long as hes the back up and that is clear, bring him on

As I see it, should Carlos be brought back, for certain it would be clearer than water that his role would be that of a back-up for Jameer

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

No, I mean like cheering for like Rashard if he hits a crunch time 3 pointer with only a minute left in the game. And not waiting for Arroyo to get in to start cheering when he does something good.

hey! I was at the Amway Arena late last May, Cavs vs Magic series, at the game (4 I think) when precisely Rashard scored with only seconds left to tie the game, the Magic winning in extra time ... all of my country men and women in the stands went as crazy as everyone else there ... Carlos was nowhere near ... and don't think that there is a Carlos fan that would cheer when he's in the game, but in turn wishes for the Magic to lose when he's not ...

You have to put in perspective what the guy means to those far away from home ... he's our ambassador ...

quote:
Originally posted by Legal eagle:

quote:

No, I mean like cheering for like Rashard if he hits a crunch time 3 pointer with only a minute left in the game. And not waiting for Arroyo to get in to start cheering when he does something good.

hey! I was at the Amway Arena late last May, Cavs vs Magic series, at the game (4 I think) when precisely Rashard scored with only seconds left to tie the game, the Magic winning in extra time ... all of my country men and women in the stands went as crazy as everyone else there ... Carlos was nowhere near ... and don't think that there is a Carlos fan that would cheer when he's in the game, but in turn wishes for the Magic to lose when he's not ...

You have to put in perspective what the guy means to those far away from home ... he's our ambassador ...

I think that people are more concern with the fans that want to make carlos our starter when nelson is already there; even if nelson is clearly the better player...

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

[i think that people are more concern with the fans that want to make carlos our starter when nelson is already there; even if nelson is clearly the better player...

I can dig ... but people never make anyone player a starter ... coaches do, hopefully based on the team needs and players abilities ... everybody knows Jameer is, and again will be the Magic staring PG ...

Again, it has to be kept in perspective ... any north american living overseas, will probably go crazy cheering for the only fellow country man playing for their local team at an overseas league ... I think it's only natural ... wouldn't you agree?

For the phanatical fans, we've a saying in PR that may apply: for ignorant or foolish words, deaf ears (roughly translated) ...

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

If Carlos is willing to sign for the minimum then I think Otis has to do it. That is assuming that this article is correct and there weren't any clashes between Carlos and Stan.

Now its time to brace for Knappy quoting 15 posts in a row and saying the exact same thing in all of them.

Great find at the vet min plus he is a backup and also still has lots of friends still on the team that should help.

quote:
Originally posted by leissaK:

quote:

If Arroyo develops a better shot, and the fans cheer for the whole team and not just Arroyo, than I'd like him back.

As I posted on another thread:

As a Puerto Rican, I would love to see Arroyo back on my favorite team. I think it's great when someone can represent my country in the NBA, or anywhere for that matter, there aren't many Puerto Ricans in the NBA and there are a lot of us that live in the Central Florida area, so excuse us for cheering on our favorite player.

If he doesn't come back though, I wont lose any sleep over it. In the end I am still a Magic fan.

This is quite possibly the most sensible post i've heard about arroyo in these last 3 years!

Otis BRING HIM BACK!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!

Im not a big Arroyo fan but i know talent when i see it. This guy has exactly what we need. Arroyo we can offer you 18-20mpg backing up Nelson. For the vet minimum i hope he goes for it. Please dont go to Philly. We will contend this year so Arroyo needs to jump on the ship. This would be the icing on the cake if we pull off a deal for Arroyo. Hes exactly what this team need. Everybody on the team hes played with before except the newcomers this season.

BRING HIM BACK!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

I would love having him here to back up Jameer. He would have a sick second lineup and great bench depth.........well.........if he doesn't go on a shooting slump that is. He's a great passer and he walks the ball up to the front court far more easily than AJ.

What a great point you have there, my friend ... would be like like a second starting squad ... SICK!!!

Yeah i just learned not to even get into with a Arroyo fanatic. It got me suspended off this forum for almost a year. But when a Arroyo fan start talking crazy trying to compare Nelson and Arroyo,just ignore them and move on. Thats what Im gonna do. Just dont read nothing they write cause it will piss you off how they separate Arroyo from the Magic like hes not part of the team.