VinceCarter4life

Keyon Dooling please.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by sharp[7]shooter:

quote:
Originally posted by LetsGoMagic:

2 years ago we were talking about how bad this guy was a ball hog. With the guys he's playing with they need to find a PG who will at least pass the ball every once in a while.

Keyon Dooling isnt that guy.

my thoughts exactly.

on another note, i don't understand why so many people think that redick and a pick would do the trick to get dooling. ever since he's been in NJ, he's flourished. i really think it comes down to the players on the floor while dooling's in the game. NJ's bench isn't all that astounding, so he has more freedom to control the ball and play HIS game. in orlando, we have many players that like to get their fair amount of shots. dooling is a very solid player, but his style of play disrupts our offensive game. in our system, it'd be better to have him at SG so we retain his defensive skills and a point guard who can distribute (fairly well). the dynamic that he brings to the table is impressive but just doesn't fit in our system

Are you telling me that a defensive minded, hustle player who shoots 42% from downtown wouldn't fit on this team? That is ludacrious. Everybody on this board is overrating his inability to run the point because, well, he did a better than decent job of it two years ago. He was a lot better than Arroyo, and I mean a lot, who is probably an upgrade of Anthony Johnson. We'd probably need to have Carter or Barnes out there with Dooling but Keyon Dooling would be an ideal back-up to Jameer, especially given the lack of scorers on the second unit.

I agree with your sentiments, but, arroyo was a better pg than dooling ever was...Arroyo wasnt that bad at all...in fact, I remember a time when there was controversy between him and jameer. granted, it didnt last terribly long, but arroyo could probably still run circles around dooling. do you really think dooling could become a mvp of ANY league in this world? Arroyo atleast is...I'm not trying to bring back dead souls to this board or anything, but Arroyo was most certainly better than dooling.

edit: except on defense, dooling was always an above average defender due to his quickness-his best nba attribute.

idk, if you're talking just on these boards, but I've never seen anybody (who wasn't puerto rican, no racism lol) try to say Arroyo > Dooling...

Dooling was wayyyyy better

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

I agree with your sentiments, but, arroyo was a better pg than dooling ever was...Arroyo wasnt that bad at all...in fact, I remember a time when there was controversy between him and jameer. granted, it didnt last terribly long, but arroyo could probably still run circles around dooling. do you really think dooling could become a mvp of ANY league in this world? Arroyo atleast is...I'm not trying to bring back dead souls to this board or anything, but Arroyo was most certainly better than dooling.

edit: except on defense, dooling was always an above average defender due to his quickness-his best nba attribute.

-Arroyo could run cirles around Dooling when Dooling is quicker and a better defender?? que?

-The Nets are trying to rid roster space to make room for a new PF, which they desperately need. Right now they have 5 PGs, and Dooling would be a good pickup for TPE (this is a better choice than trading anyone). I realized we have roster space left.

- About Dooling not getting enough minutes: Dooling plays 2 guard as well(which has been posted 1000 times) so he could give Vince some rest as well. Pietrus and Barnes are both SFs, N I hope Pietrus backs up the 3 AND 2, but Dooling could backup the 2 as well as the 1.

He backed up Harris the whole season, who plays more minutes than Jameer. Harris doesnt get tired, so Dooling didn't see much playing time, and he's prolly used to it.

I ll take either one of them. Arroyo or Dooling. Both players would be good fits for this team. Dooling would probaly be the one we could get easier. Due to the Nets situation for wanting to have roster space and by getting rid of some of their pgs. If Dooling can be had for the TPE then I say do it. Nelson plays about 30mpg leaving 18mpg at the pg spot. With Dooling he can backup Nelson and play some minutes at the 2. Also he has become a good long range shooter so that helps out. Hes always been an explosive slashing player so that helps as well, but I really would want Dooling for his defense too. Defense wins championships and we need all the defensive players we can on this team. I like Arroyo and Dooling but to me Dooling has the edge. He brings all around game. Arroyo has better passing and court vision but Dooling still manages to average 3apg somehow so his vision cant be that bad either. But if were lucky to get either player then im all for it.

Noway with SHOOT FIRST CARLOS or I DO BEFORE I THINK DOOLING. They both play to much out of control for me. Plus most are calling to trade I CONTINUE TO IMPROVE JJ to acquire these two. I don't think Stan or Otis approve a trade involving Redick for either one of these guys.

GO MAGIC!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

-Arroyo could run cirles around Dooling when Dooling is quicker and a better defender?? que?

-The Nets are trying to rid roster space to make room for a new PF, which they desperately need. Right now they have 5 PGs, and Dooling would be a good pickup for TPE (this is a better choice than trading anyone). I realized we have roster space left.

- About Dooling not getting enough minutes: Dooling plays 2 guard as well(which has been posted 1000 times) so he could give Vince some rest as well. Pietrus and Barnes are both SFs, N I hope Pietrus backs up the 3 AND 2, but Dooling could backup the 2 as well as the 1.

He backed up Harris the whole season, who plays more minutes than Jameer. Harris doesnt get tired, so Dooling didn't see much playing time, and he's prolly used to it.

i didnt mean arroyo would physically run circles around dooling, i meant that he was a considerably better pg than dooling...and he is. dooling isnt even a pg really, hes a combo guard, tweener...etc. I always liked dooling, but we need a PG that can step in and run the team, dooling is a shoot first guard, not a distributor.

lets just say we're not getting arroyo so don't get carried away if you seem to think we are.

and..

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by sharp[7]shooter:

quote:
Originally posted by LetsGoMagic:

2 years ago we were talking about how bad this guy was a ball hog. With the guys he's playing with they need to find a PG who will at least pass the ball every once in a while.

Keyon Dooling isnt that guy.

my thoughts exactly.

on another note, i don't understand why so many people think that redick and a pick would do the trick to get dooling. ever since he's been in NJ, he's flourished. i really think it comes down to the players on the floor while dooling's in the game. NJ's bench isn't all that astounding, so he has more freedom to control the ball and play HIS game. in orlando, we have many players that like to get their fair amount of shots. dooling is a very solid player, but his style of play disrupts our offensive game. in our system, it'd be better to have him at SG so we retain his defensive skills and a point guard who can distribute (fairly well). the dynamic that he brings to the table is impressive but just doesn't fit in our system

Are you telling me that a defensive minded, hustle player who shoots 42% from downtown wouldn't fit on this team? That is ludacrious. Everybody on this board is overrating his inability to run the point because, well, he did a better than decent job of it two years ago. He was a lot better than Arroyo, and I mean a lot, who is probably an upgrade of Anthony Johnson. We'd probably need to have Carter or Barnes out there with Dooling but Keyon Dooling would be an ideal back-up to Jameer, especially given the lack of scorers on the second unit.

i did recognize all the positive attributes that you listed in your post. dooling is a very good defender, creates energy, and has really expanded his outside game. with that said, he is far more efficient in our scenario at the 2 spot and, in my opinion, would negatively effect us at the point due to our current roster. at the 2, he can bring all aspects of his game while we continue to play with a better distributing point guard...this is not the case for us, we don't need another shooting guard. in fact, the 2 spot is pretty jammed right now. if dooling played pg on the other hand, his style of play on the offensive end would leave less shots for his teammates, and thus disrupting the even-flow of the game.

I wouldn't mind. Particularly from the stand point of front court depth. Sure, Sheed is an improvement over Davis, but with Davis gone, they still lack front court depth. Perkins, Wallace, and KG. After that they have Jackie Moon.

I think that helps our cause against Boston.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

I wouldn't mind. Particularly from the stand point of front court depth. Sure, Sheed is an improvement over Davis, but with Davis gone, they still lack front court depth. Perkins, Wallace, and KG. After that they have Jackie Moon.

I think that helps our cause against Boston.

Yeah but if they all stay healthy, there shouldn't have been a chance for Davis to even crack the playoff rotation. Perkins/KG, Sheed/KG, and Perkins/Sheed are what would be expected for 48 minutes and that is pretty dominant.