Sign in to follow this  
ReeceGaines

Mike Bianchi claims Orlando 'low balled' Hedo before Vince Trade

What I heard it was 36M even if it was 35M Hedos agents must have said they would not go near that because why would Otis not try to get him for 36M then. Otis must of thought that Hedo was in the realm of 50M and that he wasn't going much further down. So what does Otis do, he gets us a piece that makes us better and see's what happens to Turk. Imagine if he didn't get hedo and didn't get anyone who could play at his level, you would call him incompetent.

I mean the 1 million a year difference is probably not huge, but missing a whole year, meaning a whole 9 million or 10 million is the problem.

if otis would have offered a 5 year 45 million contract at around 9 million a year Hedo takes it.

Honestly this is a dead discussion cause now that we have Vince Carter there really isnt any need for Turkoglu now. Where would he honestly fit in. We have 4 scorers now. Turk used to be one of them. Theres no way he takes a smaller role now after everything hes done for this team. I think its just time for Turk to move on to Portland or Toronto and get his $10 mill per season contract that way with a bigger role as well. We dont need him now. Unless he wouldnt mind being a 6th man for us.

I've been thinking about this, I love Turk but do we really want him back. When he is up he's up but when he's down ugh! With the money we wouldspend on him why not spend it on other really quality players instead and set us up for the future.

I think getting some other quality roleplayers is the way to go.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

I mean the 1 million a year difference is probably not huge, but missing a whole year, meaning a whole 9 million or 10 million is the problem.

if otis would have offered a 5 year 45 million contract at around 9 million a year Hedo takes it.

I could understand it, but the thing that isn't still clear in my mind is if this was an extension offer or a new contract offer.

Today Denton is still writing about a 35m / 4 years extension.

http://www.floridatoday.com/ar...+likely+to+disappear

Isn't this like a 43m / 5 years offer?

I mean, the last year of his actual contract more the offer (7/8m + 35/36m deal).

This would be a pretty fair offer, an average of 8.6m every year. I seriously doubt he'll find something better.

I've read thousand of post and articles about that, but still is an unclear situation IMO.

Any expert on NBA rules and contracts care to explain?

quote:
Originally posted by Ambrose:

I've been thinking about this, I love Turk but do we really want him back. When he is up he's up but when he's down ugh! With the money we wouldspend on him why not spend it on other really quality players instead and set us up for the future.

I think getting some other quality roleplayers is the way to go.

It has to be the way to go. I believe we dont have much to spend in free agency from what i was told. We have 8 players on the roster. We still dont have a PF and backup C. Also a backup sg or sf could be a need as well. I just feel like when Otis made the deal for Carter he made his decision on Turkoglu then. Now its time to find some decent role players that can contribute to the team. Sorry Turk but you have better chance getting your big deal elsewhere. Hinrich, Roy, Turkoglu, Aldridge, Oden doesnt look that bad anyways.

I agree with Bianchi. Otis should immediately offer the maximum contract available to all players he negotitates with from now on.

Bianchi is a crap writer that then comes on here and tries to be one of the guys, girls.

The offer is fair from a starting negotiation point. Hedo is gonna really be surprised how little leverage and money is out there for him.

He may have to go overseas to find what he wants, because I dont think his value in the NBA is as high as him and his agent think it is.

Good luck Turk.

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

Bianchi is a crap writer that then comes on here and tries to be one of the guys, girls.

The offer is fair from a starting negotiation point. Hedo is gonna really be surprised how little leverage and money is out there for him.

He may have to go overseas to find what he wants, because I dont think his value in the NBA is as high as him and his agent think it is.

Good luck Turk.

wow... that's quite a statement.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

Honestly this is a dead discussion cause now that we have Vince Carter there really isnt any need for Turkoglu now. Where would he honestly fit in. We have 4 scorers now. Turk used to be one of them. Theres no way he takes a smaller role now after everything hes done for this team. I think its just time for Turk to move on to Portland or Toronto and get his $10 mill per season contract that way with a bigger role as well. We dont need him now. Unless he wouldnt mind being a 6th man for us.

I don't think Turk signs with Portland. For starters, they don't have the money available to give him what he wants. Second, he would be the #3 option on that team behind Roy and Aldridge. Plus, Oden hasn't done much yet to warrant being a defensive stopper, so Hedo's defensive issues would be a glaring problem on that team.

Otis did right. How long were we to sit around waiting for Turk? Turk wants to see what he can get, Otis siad, ok then, but we have a franchise to run.

GJ Otis.