Sign in to follow this  
ReeceGaines

Dwight Howard said to be upset with Vince Carter deal [Steve Kyler]

quote:
Originally posted by ReeceGaines:

quote:
Word is Dwight Howard was not as pleased with this move as you might think. Sources say he is concerned that the addition of Vince is going to further reduce his offensive touches and the move sent out Howard's close friend Courtney Lee. Throw in the notion that Hedo Turkoglu likely does not re-sign and two pieces Howard was very close too are replaced. The Magic may have upgraded talent wise but that chemistry the team often comments on may never be the same.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13107

Two words..>Steve Kyler. This guy is the most full of shiat wanna be writer there is out there. Anyone that knows this guys history would take it as a grain of salt. I think Dwight knows it is business and as long as Nelson or Lewis is not traded I cannot see him rocking the boat much. Not to mention he has no idea as of now how Vince will facilitate the ball to him.

Did any of yall read Dwight's blog entry that was posted on page 2? He sounds torn which I completely understand. Happy to have Vince but upset that he lost some of his boys.

I was going to comment on this earlier because I was going through his tweets to see if he had said anything positive about getting Vince. He hadn't put up anything on his blog about since the trade so I figured he was pretty upset initially about losing his friends, particularly Courtney.

But I think over time he's going to lighten up to the idea, like others said especially if we grab some other FAs to make us better.

It's probably a nothing story, although I'm sure that Dwight is bummed a little. We all are bummed because of losing Courtney, but we'll get over it.

If he's mad about the trade, and really thinks that he'll get less touches, then he better spend the summer in the gym working on his shots, his catches, and his FREE THROWS.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

To Hedo's credit, he's about the only one who ever completed the alley oop to Dwight where he spins off his man. I'm not sure we'll be able to see that at least once a game without Hedo.

I don't know...I don't doubt Vince can handle it.

Its been a dream of mine, for a long time, to bring Vince home to Orlando. I even settled (for a while) for the poor man's version of Carter:McGrady...LOL.

poor mans carter??? T-mac?? Come oonn man be honest..or at least think before typing..orr do the research..

did carter ever lead the league in scoring..no.

Tmac did..twice

did carter ever sellected for the all-nba first team..no..

T-mac did

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

LOL @ Dwight thinking VC will be a bigger ballhog than Hedo "Dribble around for 20 seconds than fadeaway" Turkoglu. VC has historically made every big man he's played with look like Karl Malone, including Mikki Moore.

And like I said before, the fans pay his salary, we want a championship, if he wants to goof off and play with his friends he can over the summer. Be a professional. Grow up. This organization is trying to win and build to keep you around and winning. This is a business, people get traded.

This pisses me off.

Thank you.

Thank YOU.

The guy makes $18 Million a year, I can guarantee there are MILLIONS of Americans who don't work with their friends, who make less than a fraction of that. Some of these athletes forget sometimes who really pays their salaries. We want to win, and we finally have an organization that is showing it has what it takes to make the moves.

Besides, team chemistry is one of the most overrated buzzwords in professional sports. Kobe/Shaq, Barry Bonds/Everyone, etc. These men are millionaires, show up, do your job, play hard, and text your "homies" after the game.

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

If they told dwight that vince=no lee and hedo, i'd be pissed to, you trade two good player for one good player.

BUT The problem was Hedo wants a 5 year deal and that is sooooooooo stupid for the Magic's long term future. In 5 years we have NO ONE on the payroll as of now. Which means once this core group of guys like Nelson (who will be 32), Lewis (who will be 35), Carter (who will be 37) are finished with their big deals, we can sign them to small contracts hopefully as veteran players and yet have a TON of cap space to fill in around Dwight with the likes of a more mature Josh Smith or Andre Igoudala or both. Point is, putting any contracts on the books that show up 5 years form now is stupid when you have to worry about making sure you have Dwight playing with the best possible players. It is nice and sentimental that Hedo wants to stick around for 5 years, but no way given we need to be able to get more players, younger players, star players to play next to Dwight in 5 years. Also since there is no way of telling what the new CBA will look like then, you do not want to have anything on the books if you can help it just so you do not further tie your hands.

quote:

If they told dwight that vince=no lee and hedo, i'd be pissed to, you trade two good player for one good player.

Hedo opting out and not accepting Orlando's offer = +Vince -Lee

Orlando waiting Hedo out and doing nothing until he decides = possibly waiting your team out of possible improvements and completely destroying your leverage when bargaining with Hedo because now you have no other options.

The Magic waiting around for Hedo would be like meeting a good looking girl out at a party. You talk to her for a long time, you guys seem to hit it off, then you ask her if she wants to take off and go somewhere quiet, and she says "Wait a little while, I want to see what else comes along." So you tell her that you really want to hang out, and you are going to go talk to your friends while she makes up her mind.

Meanwhile, a couple other hot girls (some hotter than the first) come by and make a pass or two at you, only, you turn them down because you are waiting on the other girl. What you aren't noticing, is that one by one, these girls are all leaving the party with other guys.

Pretty soon, all that's left is a couple of fugly chicks, the girl you were talking to from the beginning, and 4 guys. Every single one of those guys wants to take home the same girl. The competition just heated up, and you could have been home alone with some other hot chick had you not had your head up your rear end earlier hoping things would work out with one girl in particular.

A bird in the hand...

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

Hedo opting out and not accepting Orlando's offer = +Vince -Lee

Orlando waiting Hedo out and doing nothing until he decides = possibly waiting your team out of possible improvements and completely destroying your leverage when bargaining with Hedo because now you have no other options.

The Magic waiting around for Hedo would be like meeting a good looking girl out at a party. You talk to her for a long time, you guys seem to hit it off, then you ask her if she wants to take off and go somewhere quiet, and she says "Wait a little while, I want to see what else comes along." So you tell her that you really want to hang out, and you are going to go talk to your friends while she makes up her mind.

Meanwhile, a couple other hot girls (some hotter than the first) come by and make a pass or two at you, only, you turn them down because you are waiting on the other girl. What you aren't noticing, is that one by one, these girls are all leaving the party with other guys.

Pretty soon, all that's left is a couple of fugly chicks, the girl you were talking to from the beginning, and 4 guys. Every single one of those guys wants to take home the same girl. The competition just heated up, and you could have been home alone with some other hot chick had you not had your head up your rear end earlier hoping things would work out with one girl in particular.

A bird in the hand...

Excellent analogy.

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

I was just wondering, at damm near 24 (?), when do you think Dwight's gonna grow up?

I've given up on that hope. He says he wants to win. He stayed to watch the Trophy presentation at home to LA. Then he *****es about losing his friends and completely misses the opportunity placed before him.

You think Kobe was upset that LA traded Crittenden to bring in Gasol? **** no.